Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 7, 2014
This is a very nice looking spice carousel but I marked it 3 stars because it does not keep moisture out (you will see in one of my pictures). It's very handy to have the 1/4 tsp. measuring possibility but I have not really used that. It is made of plastic so my first impression was 'cheap' but it's not too bad. The canisters can be somewhat difficult to open. It is very aesthetically appealing though and nice to be able to mount on underside of cabinet to free space on counter and spins freely. The pictures I have shared show the following: installed under counter, the mount where it is installed, front view of canister, bottom view (showing the manual dial for the 1/4 tsp. measurement opening), top view of both sides opened (Note - you can see how the garlic salt has moisture and has clumped together). I hope this review is helpful!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2012
I thought this item would be great to organize my kitchen spices, but it has broken on me twice now. The "window" and face plate of the spice shakers have fallen off while being taken out of the carousel. Easily fixed with gorilla glue but is very frustrating when my spices end up on the floor. Very cheaply made and of poor quality. Put another 10 dollars into something better.
11 comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2017
I owned an older version of this product and loved it. It was getting old and I needed to reorganize which spices I had stored in it. I ordered this new version, hoping it would be new and improved. There are things that are better (this dispensing method seems easier to use than the old style. I like the look better, the "trap door" underneath is a cleaner method) but I had one of the units lose the metallic (not really stainless, btw... it's actually gold-colored plastic) cover and window cover completely. I think the adhesive just didn't work... but will the adhesive come loose on other spice containers? Will I have spices slipping through the opening one day? Makes me nervous. I'll probably go through the ones I haven't filled yet and make sure they're stuck on tightly! Once I'd filled the containers and stacked two together, I realized the new design was slightly taller than the old design... and the two stacked would no longer fit in my cabinet. So I ended up rearranging that entire cabinet.
on September 8, 2014
EDIT/UPDATE:

I have had the spice racks for a few weeks now, while i still like them (they suit my needs the best(space saving design)) I have since had an issue with them and am having to revise my review.

there is one more con:
i grabbed one of the spice bottles from the rack and the fake stainless piece came off, when it did, the little clear window also came off and spilled the contents of the spice bottle. while i do still like the style and the design is perfect for my kitchen, i am very irritated with this product. first off, it IS cheaply made, second it seems to be either false marketing or bait and switch, there is NO, i repeat, NO Stainless steel in this product.

original review:

I really like these spice carousels, but there are minuses with the pluses.
pluses
1. stackable so they take up less space
2. lazy susan style makes finding the spice you need easy and adds to the space saving
3. has 3 different serving choices. shake, pour and 1/4 tsp

minuses
1. these aren't stainless, they are plastic. there is no stainless in this item, none, the only thing that can be remotely considered stainless is the COLORING of some of the plastic pieces.
2. though the carousels are stable on their own, once you start stacking them they get a little flimsy. i stacked two and do not think i would stack more than that.
3. once you start removing spice shakers, the other shakers don't seem to sit very stable.

overall, i do like these even though they have use issues. it works for me
on October 19, 2015
Horrible waste of money & time. Lost of money and time to set up this whole system. I've had it for 2 years now and hate it and have to spend the money and time to completely re-do another set up. I bought 2 of these to keep all the spices I use on a regular basis out and loved the idea I wouldn't have to take up counter space. The first thing that happened is my powdered onion and garlic turned hard as a rock. Then I noticed all my leafy green spices were all turning light brown where the little window is. The containers are not air tight and all my spices have gone bad. To make it even harder now I have to get something that has all new jars as well as I threw out the ones I used to have. I buy my spices in bulk and store them away in a pantry and just refill smaller jars so I don't want to buy the actual spices at the store just to get jars.

Additionally, as other reviewers have stated, they leak anything that has a fine powder, so I'm constantly trying to clean and deal with the mess. This had the potential of being a genius idea but they've ruined it by doing it the cheap way.
on November 20, 2016
This spice rack is absolutely worthless. It is made out of plastic, and the pieces on each canister completely fall apart and the spices fall everywhere. I've had to super glue the little windows back on, as well as the front part that holds the spices inside, several times!! On top of that, the humidity from this past summer caused the spices inside to clump together, so now all of my spices are ruined because it does not keep them dry from the moisture in the air. The spices also get stuck in the bottom where you are supposed to disperse the measurements that you want for cooking. It might look neat in the pictures, but do not be deceived. I cannot emphasize enough how awful this spice rack is. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
on September 27, 2017
I really like this spice rack, but they do leak out of the bottom. I currently have cinnamon all over my cabinet because I can't figure out how to make it stop and I got sick of cleaning it up. I absolutely would not hang these from my cabinets as your counter will be covered in spices. The measuring tools on the bottom aren't the most accurate, but they do work. I really think the organization is super helpful and the compactness helps with my little cabinets.
on September 19, 2016
I love this spice rack. I needed something for my wide range of cooking stuff. I saw many people report that things are clumping up, to avoid this I have this away from the stove and sink so that the humidity does not reach them ,and avoided putting my garlic powder in them.( I have noticed with garlic powder it is just safer to keep it in the original bottles my old glass ones would clump too) I like that there is 3 ways to get your seasonings out. I had to buy 2 of these and only have 3 spaces left.
on June 8, 2017
Cute idea, though came broken. So far 2 of the containers have completely come apart. The fronts just fall off, meaning if you have anything in there, it would spill out of the little window. So 2 broken right out of the box.... wonder how long it would take for the others to start falling apart. Anyway, I'm not going to use it... looks ugly with 2 canisters with the face plates popped off.
review imagereview image
on June 13, 2017
Liked this carousel so much we have brought another, considering they are recommended to stack together! Had no idea we had so many spices! I do wish however there was a better way for the little window to be better held in place. The gold/bronze plastic 'cover' came off one of the cassettes and the window fell straight out. I haven't attempted to pull apart another to inspect so may just be a one-off incident.