Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Color: Black|Size: 17-Piece Set|Change

Showing 1-10 of 492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 550 reviews
on March 8, 2017
Really - I get why you are on this page looking at a well known kitchen brand with all the basic tools that you would need in a starter kitchen tool set. The price is right. The tools are really common. So what's the problem?

The problem is that the tools are pretty terrible. The plastics on the spoons / spatulas / tongs melt under not very much heat and the spoon and tongs are very long and do not have enough material / strength to hold / grab onto food. I bought this set in 2014 and if I could give my younger self some advice on kitchen tools, it would be to NOT get this set - or any set for that matter.

The 2017 version of me has the following for replacements:
Spatulas: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4
Spoon: A generic wooden spoon like this: Classic Wooden 12-inch Kitchen Spoon - Set of 3
Tongs: A generic pair of locking metal ones like this: OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Can Opener: Kept existing one - sad panda
Peeler: Kuhn Rikon Piranha Y Peeler, Green/Yellow
Grater: Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
Whisk: Kuhn Rikon 10-Inch French Wire Whisk
Measuring Spoons: Kept existing ones - sad panda

Happy Shopping!
on February 4, 2015
On the whole the set is okay but I had an issue with the spatula. I only used it three times and on fourth use the spatula melted. We were cooking plantains in skillet and the photo shows what happened. You get what you pay for.
review image
on July 8, 2016
I was very disappointed in this set. Most of it is of such cheap quality, I'm already looking to replace it. I do not recommend this for anyone that truly enjoys cooking. I tried to use the spatula once, and threw it away immediately after as it was ineffective. The spoons work, but I'm sorry I got rid of my old ones for them.

The measuring set is decent, and the can opener is working very well. Just the overall quality is not there, and the fact that it is branded with the KitchenAid name is depressing. I would not buy any of them tools for the kitchen again. I will be buying them locally.
on March 27, 2016
These are amazing kitchen tools. They've held up super well and we use them every day. The only thing that i've noticed is that the "kitchenaid" text on the handles of the spoons, spatula, and tongs has worn almost entirely off with use. But the tools themselves have held up incredibly well and we love them.
on March 20, 2017
These were bought to add to a new kitchen. They are perfect, each tool is sturdy and easy to use.
on April 30, 2016
Overall it is a great set, it has everything i need for my daily cooking. The only problem i had with it is with the whisk, standard metal whisk works just fine, except the base where the metal meets the handle is wrapped in cheap chrome plastic. Which ordinarily i dont care but the plastic broke while i was whisking my eggs and actually fell into it. I didnt notice until i was pouring the eggs into the pan and i heard a quiet thunk, i had to strain it but i managed to get the plastic pieces out. I am just happy i figured it out before cooking the eggs and biting into them.

Everything else is great! just keep your eye on that whisk!
on March 15, 2017
I bought this for my boyfriend. Good quality set of kitchenaid utensils. Pretty much everything you need is in this set!
on January 3, 2016
Qualit set with everything you need to start a kitchen.
on March 13, 2017
I didnt recieve two of the pieces that shows the description photo
on March 31, 2015