Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

KitchenAid 17-Piece Tools and Gadget Set, Black
Color: Black|Size: 17-Piece Set|Change

on September 21, 2015
Includes all of the tools I needed at a good price. The utensils have stood up to my cooking.. which is impressive because I'm a beginner level cook who is probably rougher on my tools than is absolutely necessary. I wish the whisk was a bit longer, but honestly this only comes up when I am mixing drinks in a pitcher, it's plenty big enough to handle pots and mixing bowls and the like, which is what it's actually designed for.
on November 4, 2015
A good starter set like other reviews have said here, not a professional one by any means but is sufficient for anyone who just moved out and needs some tools in the kitchen.
The set is almost full of all the tools you'll need, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't come with a potato masher.
All in all, this is a set that is going to get you by and might last a few good months with careful care, but after two weeks to a month of use you'll start noticing wear on the spatulas and any part of the tool that comes in contact with heat.
Could have been much better, but sadly it feels as if the tools are made out of cheap plastic.
on December 1, 2014
My boyfriend and I just moved into our first small apartment together and we are looking to save a buck anywhere we can while purchasing good quality products. I purchased this set used from Amazon Warehouse Deals and saved about $20 because the box was damaged. Received it and noticed the box was slightly damaged and almost all of the internal cardboard inserts were missing, but who needs that away? Less cardboard for me to toss. I received all of the utensils fully functionally, as promised. They feel really sturdy and great. The spatula does not feel like it will break after a day of use. The whisk is light as I expect it to be. The spoons are a little deeper than some others I have had in the past and that is also wonderful :)
on May 9, 2014
What can you say about Kitchenaid utensils? The quality is great and they are lasting well. I must say that as with a lot of companies have started cutting corners a bit. The screen printing on my large spoons wasn't perfect and it has already started to wear off, I have owned these since December 2013, but I really don't care about that, just something that I noticed. So far as with everything I have every bought from Kitchenaid I am happy with it. There are better ones out there but once you get up there to that level you are actually paying more for name than for product and the improvements don't justify the price they charge. I am happy with this set and as long as the Kithcenaid keeps up the quality then I will come back to buy another set when this set wears out but from the looks of it, that won't be for a very long time.
on June 1, 2017
Too expensive for 5 ounces of plastic. The grater is dull. It is pretty ordinary for $40.00.
on June 28, 2017
Kitchen utensils that do what you expect and don't fall apart, I'd say its a win.
on July 8, 2017
I love the plastic. Great material, black with heavy plastic materials.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 10, 2014
This KitchenAid tool set is not built to the quality-standards I have come to known and associate with the KitchenAid brand. Some of the tools included I find to be of outright unsatisfactory quality, and most of the tools I find are not well-suited for my frequent and heavier usage. Overall, the product quality is mediocre as this is a product that heavily favors value over quality. I would not recommend this KitchenAid product because much better-quality tools can be had for a similar price. Buying most of these tools separately allows the buyer to accumulate kitchen tools of notably better quality than the ones included here, and often for not much more money.

I agree with other Reviewers who feel that this product is "OK" or "So-so", but were disappointed with the quality because it fails to live up to the quality standards set by having that KitchenAid logo. This kit comes with a lot of must-have tools in very useful sizes, but the quality of these tools are not particularly great. If I could go back in time, I probably would not have purchased this set. This may be a useful kit for lighter or less-frequent usage, but if you are planning on frequent and harder usage, a different set (or purchasing the tools individually) may work better for your needs.

If I were to break it down, the specific tools I am the least happy with are the: can opener, tongs, whisk, spatula, grater, and spoons. Here's why...
---Can Opener - The can opener does not work very well - with some cans, it simply cannot maintain its grip and it frequently 'slips' off of the groove. This can be frustrating because I have spent a couple of minutes attempting to open a can that should have taken 10 seconds...it can also be wasteful if it knocks the can over when it slips off, not to mention that this can (unnecessarily) present a potentially dangerous situation. (I immediately replaced this with a AMCO can opener.)
---Tongs - The tongs are very limited in usage because of how the plastic flexes: they do not have any inner-traction to grab the food (so it often slips out of your grasp) and the handles flex making it impossible to apply sufficient pressure for heavier items. (I replaced this with the OXO Good Grips Stainless Tongs.)
---Spatula - The spatula is not very well-shaped to turn many kinds of foods and does not easily fit inside of saute pans with a higher wall. The overall design is extremely awkward. (I replaced this with a NorPro spatula.)
---Spoons - The spoons themselves are too flimsy to stir certain thicker foods. While great-sized and well-contoured, they start to bend pretty badly if attempting to stir something thick such as a batter. Heat causes them to become even more wobbly. (I replaced this product with Norpro and OXO spoons.)
---Grater - The grater itself has dulled pretty badly over just two years of light usage. (I replaced this product with a NorPro stainless grater.)

So more or less, I eventually wound up replacing more than 3/4 of this kit by buying higher-quality items separately. I wish I would have done this to begin with because the price of buying these separately isn't all that much more expensive than this kit. So your personal experience and results may vary, but based on my usage this is not a product I cannot recommend.
on December 29, 2016
What can I say other than you get what you pay for. If you use the spatula for eggs the eggs get stuck on pretty good. The cheese grater works good as do the spoons and can opener. I have yet to try out the peeler but it seems to be standard. Measuring cups are standard. The tongs are a no go for me. If you can afford something a little more expensive, go with that option.
on February 19, 2016
The measuring spoons and cups are ok. They do the job, no problem. Some are even angled to make it easier. The 'keyring' works well too.

The spatula, tongs, and spoons are garbage tier. The spatula and tongs melt tiny chunks of plastic off, even from flipping grilled cheese sandwiches. I replaced all of these tools with different brands.

Peeler, whisk, can-opener, haven't given me any problems.

Haven't used the cheese grater yet.