Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

KitchenAid 17-Piece Tools and Gadget Set, Black
Color: Black|Size: 17-Piece Set|Change

on March 8, 2017
Really - I get why you are on this page looking at a well known kitchen brand with all the basic tools that you would need in a starter kitchen tool set. The price is right. The tools are really common. So what's the problem?

The problem is that the tools are pretty terrible. The plastics on the spoons / spatulas / tongs melt under not very much heat and the spoon and tongs are very long and do not have enough material / strength to hold / grab onto food. I bought this set in 2014 and if I could give my younger self some advice on kitchen tools, it would be to NOT get this set - or any set for that matter.

The 2017 version of me has the following for replacements:
Spatulas: Tovolo 12 Inch Silicone Spatula Set- Set of 4
Spoon: A generic wooden spoon like this: Classic Wooden 12-inch Kitchen Spoon - Set of 3
Tongs: A generic pair of locking metal ones like this: OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Can Opener: Kept existing one - sad panda
Peeler: Kuhn Rikon Piranha Y Peeler, Green/Yellow
Grater: Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
Whisk: Kuhn Rikon 10-Inch French Wire Whisk
Measuring Spoons: Kept existing ones - sad panda

Happy Shopping!
16 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2018
These seemed cheap and disappointing. Not typical for kitchen aide. They are usually top notch. They dropped the ball with this set.
4 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2015
On the whole the set is okay but I had an issue with the spatula. I only used it three times and on fourth use the spatula melted. We were cooking plantains in skillet and the photo shows what happened. You get what you pay for.
review image
69 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 5, 2014
This set was right for the price, and good for a first apartment. The can opener works smoothly, the peeler is decent, and the wisk is medium sized and perfect for eggs. The measuring spoons and cups are on rings that can be opened for single use, and the spatula is sturdy enough for burgers or smaller cuts of heavy fish. Now...on to the lesser points. The cheese grater leaves something to be desired, but all hand-held ones do. Both the plain and slatted spoons are on the large side--the plain spoon could double as a ladle, which is great, but both spoons are too large for certain duties with a non-stick pot or pan, so you will need to purchase either a smaller plastic set or a set of wooden spoons to do those jobs. My least favorite piece is the set of tongs. Somewhat flimsy for large cuts of meat (like a steak-cut pot roast that you pan-sear before going into the oven--don't even try it), and they are not adjustable, so you find yourself having to pry them more open with your fingers to pick up certain things. They also make your hand tired, so I would recommend a sturdier spring action metal set that can be adjusted for picking up thicker cuts of steak. The set still has value, however. Each of these things individually would cost much, much more.
on June 10, 2016
I lucked out and got this when the price temporarily dropped to $30. It's still a great deal at $40, but I'm incredibly frugal/cheap so I don't know if I would have bought it at that, but any "normal" person would, and it IS a great value. I had just gotten my own apartment so these were all things I needed, and they have held up incredibly well, even though numerous runs in the dishwasher (well, haven't put the can opener in the dishwasher, but the rest). Would definitely recommend this as a fantastic, reasonably priced high quality starter set!
on June 9, 2016
I bought this set three years ago when I moved out on my own. I still have everything except for the spatula and the solid spoon. The other spoon is getting worn, so I'd probably replace that too. Honestly. it IS a good buy if you're on a budget. It's last me this long. The reason I threw out the spatula is because as others have mentioned, the plastic at the end will start melting. If you get this set, please don't leave any of these utensils on a hot pan or pot if you wan to maintain longevity. I'd buy again if I was tight on money. Now, I am moving on to more quality sets.
on July 8, 2016
I was very disappointed in this set. Most of it is of such cheap quality, I'm already looking to replace it. I do not recommend this for anyone that truly enjoys cooking. I tried to use the spatula once, and threw it away immediately after as it was ineffective. The spoons work, but I'm sorry I got rid of my old ones for them.

The measuring set is decent, and the can opener is working very well. Just the overall quality is not there, and the fact that it is branded with the KitchenAid name is depressing. I would not buy any of them tools for the kitchen again. I will be buying them locally.
3 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2014
What can you say about Kitchenaid utensils? The quality is great and they are lasting well. I must say that as with a lot of companies have started cutting corners a bit. The screen printing on my large spoons wasn't perfect and it has already started to wear off, I have owned these since December 2013, but I really don't care about that, just something that I noticed. So far as with everything I have every bought from Kitchenaid I am happy with it. There are better ones out there but once you get up there to that level you are actually paying more for name than for product and the improvements don't justify the price they charge. I am happy with this set and as long as the Kithcenaid keeps up the quality then I will come back to buy another set when this set wears out but from the looks of it, that won't be for a very long time.
on April 8, 2017
These seem like good quality utensils but they're huge. I feel like I'm cooking with a shovel.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on November 4, 2015
A good starter set like other reviews have said here, not a professional one by any means but is sufficient for anyone who just moved out and needs some tools in the kitchen.
The set is almost full of all the tools you'll need, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't come with a potato masher.
All in all, this is a set that is going to get you by and might last a few good months with careful care, but after two weeks to a month of use you'll start noticing wear on the spatulas and any part of the tool that comes in contact with heat.
Could have been much better, but sadly it feels as if the tools are made out of cheap plastic.