|Item Weight||0.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.6 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches|
|Item model number||Kitchsmart|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||10 x 3.5 x 0.8 inches|
|Power Source||Any USB port|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
Kitchsmart 10 LED, USB, Dimmable Light Wand for PC or Laptop Powered with Applications Both Indoors and Outdoors for Notebook Travelers Camping, Hiking, Reading, Writing
|Light Source type||LED|
|Power Source||Any USB port|
|Item Weight||0.5 Ounces|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Easy operation - the USB light one feet long wand is equipped with a slim and snake-like, flexible
- Efficient solution - it is touted to be one of the most affordable, lucrative and smart lighting
- Multiple power sources - the device is USB integrated, so all you need to do is plug-in it in any
- Exceptional longevity - the USB stick light has 10 LED bulbs, which draws just 1 watt of power,
- Extremely portable - this gadget is very lightweight with a compact structure, so you can carry it
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
How many times have you stumbled blindly in the dark while out camping? Didn't you wish there was enough light so you could relieve your bladder without getting bruised? What about being constantly yelled at by your co-passenger to turn off the lights, when you want to read for a bit longer? While lanterns and emergency lights work to a certain extent, they could soon run out of power, if they are used frequently. Moreover, emergency lights should be reserved for times of dire need, and not while you take care of personal needs, while it can be difficult lugging around a lantern or bulky lighting device at this time. On the other hand, travelers can't even think about these lighting alternatives the practical solution is this very handy and useful USB stick light, which can illuminate spaces such as interior of camping tents and even the keyboard on your laptop. It uses superior quality leds for the lighting, so you get a long-lasting solution. Key features: 10 powerful 1-watt leds are used for illumination, which emit clear and lucid light. Leds utilize less power, which makes this gadget more energy-efficient, thereby prolonging its shelf life. It has a variety of applications for activities like camping, hiking outdoor sports, shedding more light on keyboards and keypads, functioning as a reading light in the dark, and much more. For your convenience, this device is designed to be compatible with multiple USB ports. The bendable neck makes it very easy to adjust its position just the way you want - you can even dim the light by touching it the compact structure enhances portability, so you can take it along whenever you travel for business or leisure. It also gives you privacy when you need it's Lastly.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read a review that dimming didn't work but that isn't true, after turning on the light you simply press and hold the same power switch and it switches to it's dim setting (it boots on the bright setting by default when turned on).
This light produces light about right for a keyboard (QWERTY part, not the numeric keypad out on the far right). The package says it produces six lumens..The flexible goose neck is long enough to reach my USB hub. The light section does not rotate so it can be a little bit of a wrestling match to get the light into an exact position (light is pointed at me, wiggle wiggle, now it's too low, wiggle wiggle, now it's at angle, wiggle wiggle, not it's pointed forward, wiggle wiggle, now it's pointed at me again...).
There is a single control on the tip of the light. Tap it to turn it on or off. Continue to touch it and it dims. If you continue to touch it doesn't cycle back to bright. You release and re-touch it to make it reverse and get brighter.. It's very sensitive so accidental touches could be an issue for some people (e.g. maybe someone using it on a podium). It does not remember if it was dimmed, so if you turn if off and back on it goes back to full brightness.
1. Light produced is soft so it doesn't glare. Perfect for a keyboard because it doesn't light up the area so much it's distracting.
2. Light is distributed about right for the primary section of the keyboard
3. Goose neck and light are thin and small so they don't get in the way and have a nice look
1. Light is emitted in a roughly 180 degree arc so you may see part the light source. As I said above it's soft light so that isn't a huge problem for me but it would be nice if there was a sleeve to narrow the opening or direct the light or if the tip rotated.
2. The light I received doesn't really dim, it starts flickering until it gets extremely dim. I haven't needed the dimming feature so I just don't use it.
3. It is very light in weight but it is also long so that can produce some leverage on the USB socket. So if the socket doesn't hold it tight it could bounce around (say in a moving car).
I'm not sure how to rate this. For my purposes, lighting a keyboard on a desk, 4-stars. Minus one for the wrestling match and the dimming feature I don't think I need but only minus one because of the low price ($10). If someone needs to re-position the light a lot and needs the light in an exact position (e.g. field microscope) then 3-stars. If someone wants the dimming feature then 1-star (and there is the possibility the example I received was defective).
Executive summary: For $10 it's okay, it's well made, it does the job, but it has some flaws. I don't regret the purchase. If I was doing it again I'd spend $5 to $10 more and get one with a head that is more articulated (maybe a ball joint with a locking collar) and with a working dimmer.
The light has a good design to light up the entire keyboard.
Flexible and position-able.
Bright enough to light work area like a desk.
Dim-able feature quit working on mine after a week.
Slight bump or wiggle turns light off and/or on.
The width of the light strip dictates that it either shines a bit in your eyes or reflects off of computer screen in eyes.
Edit. After a month, both lights are basically unusable. The dim feature works on neither. I can barely touch the keyboard without the light turning off and on as I type. It comes on whatever brightness it decides.
Update: I had bought these in 2017, had them since up until 2020. Eventually the goose neck disconnects from the usb port like you see in some reviews. I had wished this product would had lasted longer but it seems like they were poorly designed in this aspect. I really liked the product up until both of them broke and became separated from the usb part. I had bought two and they broke within a few months of each other.