Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on November 16, 2015
We have a very active 7 month old kitten. We used Soft Claws from 1 month to almost 6 months. My biggest concern was that our cat kept getting his Soft Claw caps caught on things: a woven plastic desk organizer, the top of the baseboard below a kitchen cabinet (There was a crack we couldn't see unless we were laying on the floor trying to rescue our cat), louvers inside the pantry door, the non-skid pad under a throw rug and most terrifying...the string frame on our cordless blinds. He never made a sound. I just walked into the room and found him hanging by his claw in the window. That's when I decided we were done using the caps. We hated the idea of de-clawing him, so we decided to try another brand of claw caps before completely giving up on them. Thank goodness we tried Kitty Caps! They are more pliable and I found them easier to apply. They fit our cat better, don't snag on things and stay on our cat longer than Soft Claws did. Our cat frequently chewed on the Soft claws, but pays no attention to the Kitty Caps. This was the solution for us.
on January 2, 2013
The main difference between these and the Soft claws that are also sold on Amazon is that these are soft and bendable whereas the Soft claws are very rigid. I had used Soft Claws before and my cat always end up losing most of them at the end of the week. I think the reason is that the Soft Claws are very rigid so there is no give when the cat scratches something so they have to break off. Also, the rigidness makes it hard to apply since you can squeeze the sides so the glue stays on better.

However, with Kitty Caps, they are easy to put on and they stay on a lot longer! Don't let the softness of the Kitty Caps fool you, they do a very good job of preventing the cat from scratching.
on February 11, 2012
First things first, my cats are angels and they don't scratch on a thing in the house. The only reason I purchased these was because I was moving into a new apartment that would only allow declawed kittys. Well, they said they'd settle with a kitty that has caps on their nails so they don't scratch. So, I went with these. They really are great in the sense that if you had a cat that scratched everything, they wouldn't be able to anymore.

Application was far more difficult than stated though. I usually have my fiancee help with things like trimming nails and baths and such, but I was home alone when I got these, so I gave it a shot alone. The cats just don't like their claws popped out like that. So, they fought a bit, but in the end allowed me to glue these all on.

My biggest complaint is that the cats were so easily able to chew some of these off (after a few days that is) that it wasn't really worth it. Then, when they had all but two off, the two that didn't come off also didn't come off for a really really long time. I actually emailed the company and they told me how to remove them. That didn't work, so I ended up having to kind of cut them off. It didn't damage their claws or anything, but it just seemed so cruel to me.

BUT, that all being said, if you really need an alternative to declawing (or you just have a crazy kitty :P ) I would say these would work, because they do. Just make sure you have someone there to help you!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
I really wanted to like these caps and at first I did. Our kitten loves to pounce and does what I call playful scratches along with scratching up our mattress. These caps are good quality hence the 3 stars but like other reviewers have stated they do fall off after only a week or two. I have followed the directions exactly but they continue to fall off after a week or two. While they last they do prevent her from scratching up our furniture and us. I just wished I didn't have to constantly reapply them.
on December 19, 2015
They work as long as your cat leaves them on. They need to be replaced about every 2 weeks and in between if your cat is like mine you will need to reapply about 2-4 every few days.
We ended up declawing his front feet and not dealing with the hassle of these. Everyone is much happier now and he doesnt seem to notice at all!
on August 30, 2015
My cat was severely scratching wounds on her neck and we didn't realize she was allergic to fish. We used kitty caps to irritate it less and she hardly ever scratches and when she does, she isn't able to wound herself like before. We put the caps on the back claws only and they have lasted about a month.
on December 5, 2012
These work great just make sure you fill the caps half way and then squeeze them a couple of times so the glue climbs to the top of the cap and back down, this insures that the glue is covering the entire surface inside the cap and then push them on and give them a squeeze and then hold your cat for a few minutes and your done!
on January 21, 2016
I love these. I refuse to declaw my two cats, but hate when they scratch at my furniture. These are a perfect solution. They are easy to apply and stay on pretty long. I have bought these multiple times and will continue to use them for my cats.
on February 7, 2016
Can be a pain to put on and don't last three weeks...some do, but some off in a day. serves purpose.
on September 1, 2015
The caps were easy to put on once my cat stopped fighting me. He doesn't seem to mind them being on his claws at all and is going about his business as usual except he's no longer destroying my walls!