|Price:||$20.90 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Laundry Reality: Unless you're willing to seriously over-pack, or spend precious vacation time in laundromats, you'll want to wash some items in your hotel room sink. But, how to dry?
- Use It Anywhere: Our handy latex clothesline stretches to 6 ft, with a big loop on each end for easy attachment to doorknobs, window latches or other hotel room appendages.
- No Pins: Its futuristic triple-braided design allows you to attach laundry without clothespins.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unless you're willing to over-pack, or spend valuable time in laundromats, you'll want to wash some items in your hotel room sink. But, how to dry? Our handy clothesline stretches to 7 feet easily attaching to door knobs, window latches, etc. The triple braided design eliminates the need for clothespins. Great for traveling, camping or even at home! KIVA's exclusive Rick Steves line of travel luggage and accessories is designed to be practical, durable and light weight - ideal for the frequent traveler, whether for Europe or cross-country. Each items' "Rick tested" features work to make every trip smoother and more enjoyable.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0009PCTUU
- Item model number: AC-CLOTHESLINE
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 20, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
This clothesline is GREAT! I was able to put it up in whatever shower/tub configuration we found in our hotel rooms. We did laundry every night, filling the sink with soapy water and allowing the garments to soak while one of us took a shower, then rinsing well, blotting in an already-used bath towel (or viscose hand towel) and hanging them up on this clothesline.
No need for clothes pins--you can insert the garment between the braids on the line.
I have osteoarthritis in my fingers and as other reviewers have noted, I did have some problem separating the braided rubber on the clothesline. But I found that inserting the garments into the braiding while the line was not taut made it much easier. I then stretched the line out for the garments to dry.
I hung blouses and pants on it too. (We wear nylon/polyester travel pants and nylon or polyester shirts/blouses. These wash/dry very well in the hotel room.)
I found that using a small viscose handtowel (think Shamwow, but there must be other manufacturers--just make sure it is really viscose) really helped get the clothes dry. Viscose can be wrung virtually dry by hand, and it pulls water out of hand laundry like nothing else.
I was very impressed by this clothesline and highly recommend it!
A clothes line is a good idea to have for when you need to dry clothes in your hotel/hostel/camping. Here are my issues with this product.
1. It SMELLS! strongly of latex. Think condoms or surgical gloves. I suspect that if left close to cloth items in your pack that it would give your clothes and thus you a latexy smell.
2. It's too large wrapped up. This is mainly caused by the fact that it is three strands woven together vs. one, which is promoted as a way to hang clothes "without clothes pins" in reality you can simply drape your clothes over a line. When drying indoors they won't blow away, so why use clothes pins anyways?
3. The Velcro loop ends don't seem like an effective way of attaching the line to objects. Too bulky, and simple hooks would have worked better.
4. When stretched out to "7 feet" (Note, on the actual product it only claims a 6 foot capacity) it feels dangerous. Picture a giant rubber band stretched taught, ready to snap, or at minimum, attempting to pull apart whatever the chord ends are attached to.
5. This is just a personal annoyance, which for me amplifies all of this product's defects. It's too gimmicky with the whole "Rick Steve's Travel Gear BS" As if Rick Steve's is constantly hand washing his laundry while traveling deep in foreign countries! Lol
Alright, so here is what I DO recommend. It's called "550 Chord". If you don't know what this is, just search for it here on Amazon. Here's how 550 chord blasts away this product for this use.
1. It's much cheaper. You can get 50' for about $8 here on Amazon.
2. It DOESN'T smell!!
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well. Velcro straps are strong. It's very handy for travelPublished 24 days ago by Jane Schlegel
This is the perfect clothesline to travel with. We were on a cruise and it was possible to string this across the cabin and dry socks and underwear in one day.Published 25 days ago by rp3
Worked well on our two week vacation to Europe. We needed to wash socks and underwear in the hotel bathrooms.Published 2 months ago by Cynth
Bought with wishful thinking for travel, but it works great for home too! Does leave a wrinkled area on some clothes if not careful. Read morePublished 6 months ago by A&TT
Arrived quickly and 'looks' as appears. Have not tried it yet as it is for travel. Will update then. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Turtle
used this while traveling europe to help dry my laundry. worked perfect.Published 7 months ago by jeeves
This is almost laughable in its simple design. The plus factor is its convenience and small size, the negative factor is using the darn thing. Read morePublished 7 months ago by LarryLarry75
Use when we travel, compact but stretches, can hold a lot of clothes.Published 8 months ago by PamS