Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 897 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 954 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 25, 2016
Purchase Date: 31DEC15
Purchase Price: $9.54

Search via YouTube "KIWI How to Polish Your Leather Shoes" video which is 1 minute and 50 seconds long for the simple steps you need to shine shoes. By following the instructions on the video I was able to get work boots and dress shoes up to tip top shape (pictures attached) :). Great price, simple, and easy to use! I keep a brush at work so when I arrive I can do a quick brush and (poof!) back to new again. Clean appearance at all times. No bristles have fallen out on either brush for me - NO complaints.

Please Note: I did NOT receive any type of incentive to write this review. This review is my honest opinion after doing much research and purchasing this product for use. Prior to purchasing any product I conduct thorough research. "Was this review helpful to you?" if it was please select "YES" below. Thank you! :)
review image review image
0Comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2016
4 stars because my first kit that arrived was missing the dauber brush and appeared opened before it got to me. I contacted customer service and am being sent a replacement (which hopefully won't be missing anything). Otherwise it's a good price for a basic kit anyone who owns a pair of black leather shoes should have to start off with. A good leather cleaner and conditioner before polishing will keep your leather soft shiny and looking like new for many years. I have some boots over a decade old that have years left in them even still from proper care. Now my only problem will be figuring out what to do with 4 tins of black shoe polish between my kit that was missing a brush and the replacement on its way! Even with my knee high Dr. Martens a little bit of polish goes a long way on properly conditioned leather. I use old tshirt scraps and a few drops of water to do the final buffing for a mirror like shine, try buffing with the brush or using a dry piece of cloth if you want a more matte finish.
on September 17, 2015
Excellent kit. Polished the heck out of my brand new tactical boots and they are as shiny as can be! I watched many YouTube videos and this is ultimately what worked best for me: apply one good coat of polish using the application brush (when your boots are brand new, you will easily got through the bulk of one jar on your first application), then heat up with a blowdryer and let sit for 15ish minutes. Then, repeat that step again (this allows the polish to really sink into the pores of the leather). Next, use a square cut off of an old tshirt, get slightly damp and a apply another thin coat. Lastly, finish off by buffing with a clean microfiber cloth. It will shine like nobody's business!
on July 9, 2017
I ordered this almost two years ago. I stored it in my utility closet and completely forgot about it. Recently my housekeeper decided to clean out the closet and brought this out. I really assumed that the polish would have dried out but to my surprise both cans were like new. That night I decided to polish a couple of pair and became disappointed. I don't have a single pair of black shoes and both cans are black. What I do have in shoes is burgandy. Because I'm pretty much housebound because of a handicap I seldom wear shoes in the house but the pairs I was going to shine haven't been polished in quite some time and showed some scuffs. Not deterred by the black polish I decided to go ahead and use the polish on the burgandy shoes. Imagine my surprise when the black polish actually brought the burgandy color to its original color. In all honesty the color looked much better. The burgandy became a bit darker which I liked better than the original. The application brush worked well and the brush though small worked just fine. The only dislike was the buffing cloth. It left so much lint on the shoes that I had to re brush the shoe I used it on. I guess I should have read the description much closer. If I had read both cans of polish were black I wouldn't have ordered the kit. I purchased the kit as I can remember my dad who travelled quite a bit had a similar Kiwi kit. Though the colors were wrong I still enjoyed using it. I would highly recommend a different buffing material though. The review is late but Amazon still carries it so I wrote hoping it helps.
on April 23, 2015
I did not experience any issues with bristles falling out of the brushes excessively, as others have stated. The only real negative I noticed was that the cloth is rather low quality and deposits fibers on your shoes when polishing, and they especially tend to catch on the stitching which is pretty annoying. I just used an old cotton T-shirt instead and achieved an excellent shine, buffing out the wax with a little water. Pictured is just one layer of wax after applying a conditioner. All in all, while not perfect, I'd say this is a very serviceable product for the low price. Recommended.
review image
on October 23, 2014
My first encounter with this product dated way back when I was in the US Army. After eight year of daily 'spit shine' my service boots, I told myself not ever want to see this product again after I left the service...until recently I had a need to polish a pair of black leather shoes, so I purchased this kit from Amazon. It brings back some good old memories and the product still looks and works the same as before, and most importantly it is Made in USA too :)

This product can be a little messy if you don't apply it properly, some of the residual left on the side of the sole may leave a scuff mark on your tile floor. Have a little patience; slowly apply over the entire leather area of the footwear, let it air for a few minutes, then buff it back and forth with the brush. Do it right, it will actually protect the leather too.

Try to avoid other footwear care product that claim 'easy application', 'instant shine'...etc. because they are typically chemical based which will give out the shine without any efforts, but it will likely to destroy the leather texture over time. I've ruined a few pairs of boots using those product just because I felt too lazy to buff and spit shine them.

P.S. What's up with 'spit shine' my boots? Well, let just say that it was how I liked to wear them boots when I was in uniform (not an Army requirement, but of a person choice that's all).
on January 16, 2017
Purchased this kit to keep my boots nice and presentable. There's a similar kit at work that I have been using so haven't opened this kit myself until now. Whether for my Redback boots or 5.11s, they do a good job at keeping them acceptable in the station and out in the field.

My only issue with this product is that when I opened it I found that one of the tins have leaked, it appears to have melted out of the tin and luckily was isolated to the plastic bag it came in. I opened the second tin to see if it was an isolated incident but the other tin looks like there is some kind of grease accumulated on the sides. I have tried to look for a contact seller option prior to writing this review but cannot find it anywhere. The bag was kept in my closet so it definitely did not stay near a heat source.
review image review image
on February 23, 2017
Bought this for my husband's combat boots, its the same kit he has gotten from the base. He likes his boots to shine all the time and this does the trick. The shine holds up well. He does a quick buff up daily and a full shine once a week. Happy hubby, happy wife! Recommend this kit, works great! Nice little vinyl zipper bag keeps everything togeather and keeps the polish off other things. Good price to boot. Delivery was fast.
on May 12, 2017
Excellent kit! The smaller brush applicator is *much* better than the sponge style on in other kits. The main brush is slightly curved and a better shape overall than other kits I have used as well.

Some kits come with 1 black tin, one brown tin. This has two blacks. However, since I wouldnt recomend using the same brush for brown polish and black polish, this works just great for me.

Highly recommend.
on May 25, 2017
This kit is way, way better than the Kiwi kit they sell at W**-M***. This kit has the actual wood-handled dauber, which is so much better than the cheesy foam sponges in the other kits. Plus this kit has two cans of black polish - getting a can of brown and a can of black polish wouldn't have done me any good. Plus the carrying case holds it all together nicely.