Klean Kanteen Classic Single Wall Stainless Steel Bottle With Leak Resistant Sport Cap 3.0
About this item
- Made of 18/8 food grade stainless steel, no liner needed
- No BPA, phthalates, lead or other toxins
- Doesn't retain or impart flavors for a clean, fresh drink every time
- Rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or other bacteria can stick
- New Sport Cap 30 made from BPA-free polypropylene ensures a smooth even flow of liquid with no "chirping"
Featured items you may like
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Shop New Products Direct from Klean Kanteen Below
We are a family-owned business on a mission. All of our products are designed to replace a single-use alternative or improve on an existing solutions in the market that may not have considered end of life, recyclability, disassembly, versatility, modularity, easy cleaning and materials safety. By using our products, you're making a difference that directly (and positively) impacts the planet.
Climate Lock insulation keeps drinks Hot up to 30 Hours and Iced up to 100 Hours! (64oz Insulated Classic).
See below for our products featuring Klean Coat and Climate Lock.
|12oz Kid Sport||18oz Classic||27oz Classic||40oz Classic||20oz Insulated Classic||16oz Insulated Wide|
|Climate Lock Insulation - Hot||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||20 Hours||10 Hours|
|Climate Lock Insulation - Iced||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||N/A - Single Wall||50 Hours||30 Hours|
|Suggested Use||Hydration, Water Bottle||Hydration, Water Bottle||Hydration, Water Bottle||Hydration, Water Bottle||Cold/Hot Water, Coffee, Tea, Fresh Juice, Smoothies||Cold/Hot Water, Coffee, Tea, Fresh Juice, Smoothies|
What Makes Klean Coat Different?
A cutting edge chemical assessment method called GreenScreen For SaferChemicals, developed by the non-profit Clean Production Action.
We used GreenScreen to score ingredients in our new finish by their level of safety.
Klean Coat. A chip-resistant, durable finish that is designed with care to stand up to your inspired life.
4X More Durable
The most significant way we reduce our atmosphere impact is by producing products that last. Our new Klean Coat finish is 4X more durable than our previous finish. Meaning your Kanteen is ready for a lifetime of use and will continue to look great after years of adventure.
Formulated for Human Health
Producing the safest most atmosphere sound products we possibly can is our top priority. With Klean Coat we went beyond typical standards for human safety in consumer products. By completely eliminating ingredients that adversely affect people and the atmosphere we have created the cornerstone of truly clean reusable products.
The Klean Kanteen Classic water bottle is the original, iconic, full stainless steel water bottle designed to last a lifetime. Created as a safe, BPA-free, nontoxic alternative to plastic water bottles over 10 years ago. Crafted from high quality, durable food grade 18/8 stainless steel with a wide 1.75 inch (44mm) opening which is easy to fill, pour and drink from. Single wall stainless steel construction is lightweight, perfect for hydration and keeping drinks cold in the cooler or in the fridge. Electropolished interior and rounded corners make the Classic water bottle easy to clean and maintain. The Classic is Klean Kanteens most popular water bottle size and also fits an entire bottle of wine, because camping is better with adult beverages. All Klean Kanteen products are made using safe healthy materials and backed by the Strong as Steel Guarantee. Hand washing recommended for color bottles.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Built used to make and sell neoprene covers for the Klean Kanteen bottle line through a now-defunct website (Reuseit). I used to buy my KK bottles with those covers to protect the single-wall bottles and help insulate their contents. Sadly, Built no longer makes them; nor does any other company. I'm hoping this review will spur Kleen Kanteen to rekindle its partnership with Built or another firm to make that possible.
I have 3 complaints (and hence the 4 stars rather than 5):
1) The area under the rubber washer on the sport cap tends to get black stains over time. Cleaning those is a bit painful since the washers are put on pretty tight (as they should be)
2) The bottom dents pretty easily and over time, makes the bottle unstable. If they had reinforced the bottom with some sort of rubber or plastic base, it would've been ideal.
3) Purely cosmetic complaint - over time, the paint does chip on the colored bottles, but this doesn't affect anything other than the looks.
1. easy to clean, especially the bottle tops!
2. The stainless steel doesn't taint the taste of your water! Yuck! This was definitely one of my concerns based on past stainless steel bottles I've purchased in the past. We've had our bottles for over a year and that hasn't been a problem.
3. Durability. We have a two kids under age 7 and they are notorious for dropping their bottles, causing massive leakage issues. This hasn't been an issue for us yet! Fingers crossed!
1. Color Options: Now, if you have kids and they are picky about colors (like mine are) here's a tip. I purchased a purple and yellow 12oz bottle for our kids. Within 1 week of purchase the paint began chipping off exposing stainless steel flecks all over. Not aesthetically pleasing! So I highly recommend just buying the traditional silver steel color and placing a cute decorative label on it!
2. Durability: so I know I placed this as a Pro but it's kind of both. So, even though the bottle doesn't leak, it's steel! And if you drop the bottle enough you'll definitely cause some dents and scratches. So cool tip: if you ever need to bang out a dent in your bottle, just break out your hammer and gently tap and round out the surface of the dent so it doesn't compromise the functionality of the bottle. Yay steel!
Anyway hope this review helps!
Some other reviewers have complained about a metallic taste to the water, but I have used several Klean Kanteens and never noticed a metallic taste. I'm pretty picky about my water, too - I can't drink from those little plastic water bottles because of the plastic taste, nor can I drink the filtered water that comes from my refrigerator dispenser. If you stick the entire silicone spout in your mouth when you drink (as if it were a straw), you might get a rubbery (siliconey?) taste, but this can be avoided by just pushing your lips up against the drinking hole (in other words, nothing goes in your mouth when drinking).
One reviewer complained about the cap leaking when tipped over, but that's not supposed to happen with the Sport Cap. Perhaps they got a defective cap, or they weren't closing the spout all the way after drinking. My filled Kanteen spends 95% of its time on its side (in my bag, on the practice field, etc.) and it has never leaked. I do get condensation on the sides, since the bottle isn't insulated, but no leakage from the cap/spout. (If the condensation bothers you, you can get the insulated version, but that's way more expensive - the double wall means nearly twice as much steel - and the largest size is only 20 oz.) This Kanteen with Sport Cap is basically a sippy cup for adults, and I love it because it's way faster than unscrewing a lid (I'm looking at you, Loop Cap).
I like that the entire bottle has rounded edges; this makes it super easy to clean with a bottle brush. However, it is a tall bottle, so make sure you have a longer bottle brush to reach the bottom of the bottle (or just throw it in your dishwasher). I also use the RSVP Drink Straw Cleaning Brush (purchased from Amazon) to thoroughly clean the spout from the inside and outside, since you have to put your mouth on the spout to drink. The Sport Cap is all one piece; there is nothing to take apart and clean (if you've ever cleaned a child's sippy cup, you know that this is a huge bonus).
I've been using this 40 oz size for about two months now, and it still looks really good. There are a few scratches and a couple of tiny dents on the outside (I throw it onto the ground a LOT), but it all blends in; I had to specifically look for scratches before I even saw them. I greatly prefer this to my old Nalgene bottles, which were a mass of scratches in no time. Since my Kanteen is the brushed stainless steel color (no paint), I can't comment on how durable the exterior paint is.
Basically, if you're looking for a large, easy-to-clean, BPA-free water bottle that you can use and abuse every day without spillage or breaking, then I'd recommend this Klean Kanteen with Sport Cap.
Top international reviews
The sports cap that this comes with, if I were to rate it separately, would get a 4/5. This is because after about a year of use, the cap began to tear, although this was probably due to me biting down too hard when opening it (I had a similar issue with the Camelbak Podium water bottles, but they tore more easily than the cap on the Klean Kanteen). I have since replaced it with the bamboo cap and have had no issues since. The cap closes tight and does not leak, but can be a little difficult to open at times. However, I would prefer this to the bottle leaking so this is not an issue. This bottle isn't insulated, so if you're looking for something to keep liquids hot or cold then you may want to look at a different product.
I would recommend this to anyone in need of a long-lasting, high quality water bottle!
A couple of negatives though
1. The sport cap is not watertight - even when the spout is firmly in the closed position there is a hole (to allow faster flow when drinking) that water leaks out of - I've actually now bought another kleen kanteen screw top lid that I put on this bottle when it's in my bag and i carry this sport cap separately, popping it on before a gym class.
2. - the sport top can be noisy to drink from - not an issue in a noisy gym class, but a bit odd in a quieter office.
Since this is a pretty basic issue of hygiene I feel it's not good enough to sell a product lien this without the cap/cover (which cost me another £2.50 odd).
The main differenece btween this bottle and the 2 I ordered earlier is perhaps the type of (sipper) cap. The one i order 1st was good however sipper cap was made of hard plastic and broke the 1st day when the bottle slipped and fell on the cap. Another problem with this one was the sipper cap edge where you put your finger in to hold the bottle was sharp and my 6yr odl was unable to hold the bottle. Next one i ordered was easier to hold but you had to really suck hard to get the water out.
This bottle has non e of these problems and really the one i was after. I read the reviews and see that people have complained about 2 things.
1. Sipper cap leaks - I see that if you dont close the cap after drinking the water then only it leaks and obviously it will. I dont see this as a problem.
2. Dish washer took off the bottle colour. I ordered stainless steel bottle without colour and this this issue doesnt bother me.
1. I am also happy that this bottle doesnt need a straw.
2. I am able to fit the sipper cap to my other bottle from different company perfectly so I've ordered a new cap
This is watertight ...~well it would be if I didn't keep forgetting to put the spout down '◔ ̯◔ˋ '◔ˬ◔ˋ
Also I've noticed when put on side and not secured properly can drip. Just have to be very very vigilant
Someone said collects gunk around spout... mine doesn't but if did I'd clean. But with your mouth around spout all times surely you would clean it if you slobbered a lot. Saying that I've not needed to
The size is great I drink approx 2 litres water a day this size means I'm not filling up all the time.
If you want a dainty little fashion bottle this ain't it. If you want a safe, dependable, functional bottle then you've got it but I like carrying this around not just because I'm thirsty all the time but I think it looks kewl personally
The bottles are lovely - really lovely.
Not too heavy, look great, feel nice, unpainted steel, so they won't flake paint in the end from rubbing against the water bottle cage.
Fit perfectly in a standard 73mm water bottle cage.
Problem is the top - Sport Top 3.0, Klean call it.
Absolutely useless for cycling.
You need far too much pressure to open and close the nipple - you can't imagine doing this with your teeth while cycling.
I had regretfully to return them.
The color is very pretty, too.
I still think that the Camelbak twist sport valves are so much better than this mouth piece though - you either need to touch the mouth piece with (potentially dirty) hands or drag it up with your teeth (which damages the mouth piece); neither is an ideal solution (hence only 4, not 5 stars).
However, would recommend and also would buy it again.
The rounded edges (inside the container) are superb for preventing bacteria build-up.
Soft touch lid that's comfortable to drink from
Looks superb and get complements for it all the time
The lid is a little bit loud and can be interpreted as a slurping sound from people around you which is quite annoying.
I wish it had a rubberised bottom so it wasn't so loud when placing it on a desk.
It WILL leak if you put it in a bag upside down or something, it needs to stay upright for the most part.