- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B06ZY6DVTW
- Item model number: K27WSSL-BS-SPParent
- Average Customer Review: 1,316 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,980 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Single Wall Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Leak Proof Stainless Steel Interior Cap
|Price:||$16.76 - $59.47|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Compatible with most backcountry water filters
- Extra wide opening fits ice, easy filling and pouring
- Electropolished interior doesn't retain or impart flavors
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe, durable, highquality materials
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Holding 8oz more than a quart-sized bottle, the 40oz Kanteen Wide is the ultimate bottle for long road trips or the backcountry. The extra wide opening is more than 2 inches in diameter for quick filling, pouring and cleaning, and the stainless steel thread design works with standard backcountry water filters.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
- can boil water in it
- doesn't leak
- won't break
- BPA free
- does not alter the taste of water
- large capacity
- will last and last
- large mouth makes cleaning a breeze
- fits my Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter
- won't kill you (unlike some plastics)
- won't kill the environment like plastic
- promotes reusing rather than littering
- a little heavier than plastic (yet still not cumbersome)
Would I carry this on a backpacking trip? Nope, I'd carry a TI cup and a 1oz water bottle (smart water, etc).
Would I carry this on a car camping trip? Nope, I'd carry a SS pot.
So when would I carry it?!?
Fun day out bushcrafting, emergency kit, or just general day carry.
You can't beat a good SS bottle for an emergency kit.
Practicing bushcraft skills, it is nice to have an SS bottle. Practice pot hanging (and pot hanging skills) and emergency water purification with fire.
But the real winner really is day carry. I ditched my daily Nalgene for this thing. When it gets too dirty (after a week or two of using it) I just drop it in some boiling water to clean it. Can you do that with a Nalgene and is it safe... maybe, but personally I'd rather have SS.
For what it is worth, this is as close to the Nalgene SS you are going to find.
As far as the fishspreader hanger thing goes, the ones I keep finding on amazon appear to be coated with toxic chemicals. My alternative is just to take some cheap jute twin and get creative with some knots around the neck (very tightly). Works just as tell for a pot hanger.
Weight: 257g (9 oz)
3 mylar blankets
North American Arms .22 short revolver
5"x1/2" ferro rod
fish mouth spreaders for holding canteen over fire
Fishing pole that looks like a huge pen
Reel for pole
small fishing kit
5 piece spear kit
nylon cordage x 50'
.22 short rounds x 30
10' rolled duct tape
Minimalist first aid kit
Compass x 3
Small flash lights x 3
small plastic bags x 3
small multi tool
thin fixed blade knife
Everything except the .22 was all purchased on Amazon. Great kit. I tied another 20' of paracord around the top of the canteen and wear it over my shoulder kind of like a purse but much manlier.