Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 252 reviews
on January 2, 2013
This is a great great line of canteens, however, be very careful when ordering from Amazon. The pictures displayed bear no relationship to the product's described size. For instance, depending on which color you select, you may get a picture of a 27oz canteen when you're actually ordering an 18oz canteen. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong.

My recommendation is to go to Klean Kanteen's own website (where the pictures are accurate), choose the size and color you want, then come back and place your order on Amazon by description and ignore the pictures. Otherwise, it's a great canteen, indestructible, and great looking as well! Love it!
44 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2014
I own about four Klean Kanteens and have never had any problems with any of them until this order. One is still in good condition, but the other one I just noticed today has a "split weld" defect. I found the defect today as it was leaking water off my desk onto the floor (luckily nothing on my desk was ruined). Unfortunately, I cannot return the defective Kanteen due to missing the "return window" by just two days! Ugh! Overall, I still trust this brand and like my Kanteens. Just wish I didn't lose money on the defective one. Just barely got a month's use out of it. :-S I will write the Klean Kanteen company directly and see if there is a solution in sight.
on June 13, 2016
I love the sport top! Makes it impossible to spill on myself but it can be loud to drink from if in a very quiet area like a library, it makes a bubbling sound. I dislike how the bottom of these bottles are slightly rounded so if there are less then half full and you bump them they tend to fall over. Colors tend to rub off if often in car cup holder. After 4-5 weeks use there is a ring in the color where the top of my cup holder is. This may be because it is smaller than average cupholder and tends to rattle around in there.
The Company is for a great cause though!
on August 1, 2014
Hey I'm Melissa!
I brought this Kanteen in Ocean Blue to hold 18oz for everyday drinking. I wanted a container just for me in the household.
I have owned this for over six months and the paint has significantly chipped at the bottle and faintly on the body. I mostly drink water from this kanteen because I don't drink much else. I've drank milk and tea and these products both leave their odors behind after you finish'em. You will have to wash your bottle to rinse the scent. Once a week scum accumulates in the bottle. Faint tiny specks come up in bunches, of course you use a sponge and get rid of them easily. Lastly, I replaced the original cap because it's unhygienic to have the drinking knob exposed all the time. Overall this product is alright, I would only change the finish I bought it in since it has significantly chipped and looks worn
on January 29, 2015
My first one leaked all over my bag from day one. I've had Klean Kanteen bottles before and knew that wasn't the norm so I contacted Amazon. They sent me a replacement bottle and I mailed them back the defective one and no issues since. No leaking, I can throw it in my bag without worrying, and the stainless steel is quite thick so I can drop it (previous ones) and it will dent, but will not crack or break. Good investment. :) I've had my previous one for about 10 years before losing it. I ordered this one to replace it.
on January 20, 2014
I ordered the Klean Kanteen 27 oz. with the 3.0 Sport Cap in white and a Klean Kanteen stainless steel insulated wide-mouth bottle at the same time. They were shipped together and arrived scratched up from rubbing against each other in their box. Stainless steel marks on the white bottle and white paint marks on the stainless steel bottle, scratching up the logo as well. I exchanged for new set. The white one still arrived with a minor area of scratches from the stainless steel bottle, though they had been vacuum-sealed together this time, but after all of the hassle I decided to keep it and use it anyway. I took the white bottle with me on an outdoor trip and had it sitting in my daypack. I wasn't aware that it is not leak-proof, so I come to find that it had leaked quite a bit in my pack. There are 3 tiny slits at the top of the cap that let water out. Though it did keep water cool, I was surprised to find that it isn't as functional as I hoped it would be (unless it's just standing upright). I would suggest throwing in the extra $10 and getting a Hydro Flask which also keeps liquids hot or cold, and keeps liquids hot for longer hours.
on April 22, 2014
I love Kleen Kanteens. I've busted them up, dropped them from great heights, and generally abused them. They've always been tough, stalwart companions. My complaint isn't about the bottle--it's about the cap. Decided to try the Sport Cap for the first time. Have to say that I'm disappointed. The little hole on top that allows air in leaks like a sieve. If I forget about it, put flavor drops in and shake to mix I lose friends. The flow through the the spout is also a bit erratic and not as strong as I'd like. Again, love the Kleen Kanteen but next time I'll choose a different top. 5 stars for the bottle, -1 star for the [*******] top that I don't like!
on March 15, 2016
I've had the bottle now for ~6 months and it still looks perfect. I have another Klean Kanteen bottle that is a few years old, but it was one that didn't have the paint so I was a bit worried about the paint chipping or flaking off from this one. Fortunately I haven't had anything like that happen. Obviously I love Klean Kanteen water bottles. I carry one of them with me everywhere I go.
on January 18, 2015
I love my Klean Kanteens. I've had mine for at least 7 years. I bought this one for my 3-year-old, who loves having a "big boy" water bottle.

Pros:
Not having to worry about the chemicals in plastics
No weird taste added to the water
Strong Construction
The option to buy different kinds of leak proof types, including a sippy cup top
Lightweight

Cons
Not cheap (look for sales...and if not, they're worth the price)
on May 22, 2015
I love Klean Kanteen, but I can't quite give this product four stars. I bought it to replace another water bottle that would leak in my bag if it was sideways. Turns out the 3.0 sport cap leaks as well. It does, however, have great flow and does not squeak while drinking as the previous cap does. This would be super if you need fast flow and/or quiet flow, and don't intend to carry it in a bag where it can tip over.