|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 5 x 1 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||11055|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|National Stock Number||5110-01-563-4373|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Klein Tools 11055 Klein Tools-Kurve Wire Stripper/Cutter, Blue with Yellow Stripe, 10 - 20 ga.
|Price:||$20.42 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$6.86 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Precision shear-type blades for clean cuts on solid and stranded copper wire; easy-to-read markings on both sides
- Curved handles help reach into confined areas; wire looping and bending holes
- Coil spring provides fast self-opening action; precision-ground stripping holes
- Strong-gripping serrated nose; for easy bending, shaping and pulling of wire
- Screw-shearing holes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- THE CURVED HANDLE might not look like much, but having used the straight for so long I can report that the extra leverage and ergonomic feel makes a world of difference. Especially on days of heavy use.
- THE HOLES ON THE SIDE for bending solid wire, handy during outlet/switch installation.
- THE SPRING BETWEEN THE HANDLE stays on very well, even when stored loosely in the bottom of an overloaded tool bag.
- THE HANDLES ARE TOUGH, and haven't slipped off after over a year of daily use.
- THE SCREW CUTTERS are a nice bonus. They cover the two sizes you will most commonly find when installing outlets into wall boxes. It is fairly common to need to trim them down for one reason or another.
SOME TIPS ON USAGE:
- Never cut anything other than copper wire with these. Steel wire, even very thin, will nick the cutting blade and create a bump that you will feel everytime you use them.
- People who don't like this type of stripper typically make the same common mistake when using them. Holding the wire with their left hand, and attempting to rip the insulation off with only their right. I recommend holding the wire with your left hand, then clamp the tool down on the wire with your right. BUT, use your left thumb (while still gripping the wire with other fingers) to push the tool off of the wire in a straight motion with minimal effort. Reverse for lefties, obviously. Get this down and you will enjoy using these strippers much more, and your stranded wire will not be damaged by pulling the tool off of the wire, under too much force, at an angle.
Get yourself a pair of these if you're in the market for a wire stripper, you'll be glad you did. Definitely worth every penny.
only a few bucks more...) and I couldn't be happier!
The first time I used them I borrowed them from someone. I couldn't get over how comfortable they felt. They were so much more comfortable than the strippers I was issued during my apprenticeship with. And when you're using these all day, it really does make a difference. The curve just fits perfectly in the groove of your hand. I really hate it when I'm working with someone else and I use their small straight handled strippers. I really feel it's night and day between the two.
They are a decent size. Not too small, not too big. They cut and strip great, just like advertised. And they also include a feature that allows you to cut 6-32 and 8-32 screws. I can't tell you how awesome that is. Because if there's just one time when the screws seems a bit too long, you'll be glad you have these to perfectly cut the screw. There's also a couple of holes on the sides. These are for making hooks with solid wire so you can wrap around a screw terminal.
In ending, these strippers are great. I highly recommend these over the small straight handle strippers. You won't regret buying these.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use these wire strippers daily and thus far they've held up really well.Published 6 days ago by Landon
These are great, with the tab that closes them so they remove from your pocket easier. Fit in your hand comfortable with the curved handles. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Sherry
These are by far my favorite pair of strippers. I've had 3 pairs over the last few years. I've used other kleins, ideal, and Greenlee but these are by far the best you can buy!Published 17 days ago by Stephen