Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 11-20 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on June 22, 2013
Don't expect a life altering experience from these speakers. They sound pretty good at low volume and not bad at higher volumes. At mid volume they have an unfortunate thinness in the female volume range. On the other hand, they are small and being used outdoors--given that they have pretty remarkable bass. And they are clear. They certainly do better than most speakers their size. So I'm a little conflicted. I can't say that I like the sound, but I do appreciate how well they do considering design constraints. So, sound 1.5 (against all speakers) and overall success of design 4.5.
on October 16, 2009
The grills on these speaker rust in as little as two months in marine environmet. Here is description of these speakers taken from Amazon site: "designed to perform for years under the harshest of conditions". Maybe the insides, but certainly not the grills. Bought in August 2008. Put up under a covered roof porch about 1500 yards from beach (Atlantic Ocean). No direct exposure to rain/elements. Grills rusted in less than 3 months. (see pictures). Figured I had bad grills. Klipsch replaced grills. Put back up May 30, 2009 and by August 30, 2009 - rusted out again. (See pix). After two months of sending pix and talking with Klipsch (they seem to lose things there and not call back), they would send me more grills which they admit will rust again but would not replace with something that won't rust -- all their grills are the same they say-- which I guess means they would all rust. They would not provide refund. This should never have been advertised as all-weather speakers...it is clear they will not last in marine environment and I am disappointed in the company not standing behind its product.
review image review image
1313 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2011
I first bought outdoor speakers from Bose. One day at Best Buy I was comparing outdoor speakers and much to my surprise the Klipsch KHO-7 speakers sounded 10 times better than the Bose 151 SE, especially the base, since the Bose had none. I suggest if you get the chance listen to a variety of different speakers before making your choice. I should have started at Best Buy or equivalent.
on July 1, 2013
I bought these speakers to replace some old Radio Shack speakers that ran off of a 20 year old ONKYO receiver. WOW--what a difference. The clarity of the sound is amazing. They also have a good bass sound--not perfect, but very good for an outdoor speaker. I'm glad I bought these!
on December 18, 2012
These are a good sounding budget speaker. They are not as well designed (or as good looking) as the polk atriums and do not sound as good as the klipsch aw series, but are a good compromise on value for the sound they produce.
on July 22, 2014
I have two pairs now under the eaves of a beach house, 100 yds from the Gulf of Mexico. Good sound, but the new ones are already showing signs of rust on the grilles, and it's not even a month. The first pair are still sounding good but look terrible after about 18 months. Not recommended for salty-air environments.
on January 7, 2015
They have survived two New England Winters outside. Be aware that they take some time to break in (in order to get optimum sound). I'm guessing this is due to the different materials used to make this an outside speaker (the cone/woofer in particular). After about 24 hours of play time they start to sound wonderful. They're a great speaker! I have them over my deck and they toss the sound!
on April 21, 2013
I was looking at some moderately priced Polk speakers since I have a couple for indoors already and they sound great. I was working late one night and I stopped at a best buy inbetween locations. They had a display for out door speakers and sure enough they had the Polk speakers I wanted. Well after messing around with all the speakers the only ones with some great bass were these KHO-7's. They beat everything even the BOSE speakers... They were also priced higher than BOSE at $299 which was the most of any of the speakers there. Well Amazon of course had them at $199 so I couldn't turn it down. I just installed them today and they sound even better connected to my system. INCREDIBLE SPEAKERS at an INCREDIBLE price.
on August 27, 2013
Purchased this pair of speakers to enhance my outdoor living space. I am an audiophile. If the sound is less than excellent I would rather not listen to music at all. I can't get enough of the sound from these speakers. The bass is deep and authentic, the highs are crisp and accurate. I'm very pleased with these speakers and recommend this model highly!
on August 22, 2013
I had to replace the outdoor speakers on my pier. I used these they seem to be quality built. Being outdoors exposed to the full elements I had to plug the bass port. This is to protect the inside of the speaker box. I wished for more bass should have gone with at least an 8 inch woofer or larger.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.