Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on December 3, 2011
For a long time I've loved the sound of Klipsch speakers - they are typically accurate sounding and very good high end response with wide dispersion (for excellent off-axis response) without the harshness often found in horn-loaded drivers.

Recently I've upgraded my front and subwoofer loudspeakers to Klipsch reference-series speakers. Several months ago when I learned they are being discontinued I ordered a reference-series RW-10D subwoofer to complement my main speakers.

Needless to say, I was not disappointed. They are fully configurable, boasting active EQ curves, multiple profiles, volume level, and even full phase adjustment from 0º-180º in 10º increments (most subs that allow adjustment offer two settings: 0º and 180º), which is perfect to take into account not only wiring of multiple subwoofers, but accurate adjustment for speaker placement, which allows you to take into account ideal driver placement for optimal acoustic coupling based on wavelength distance. The RW-10D also offers an "auto on" feature for power, where they will automatically power down after receiving no audio input for 20 minutes. All settings are accessed through a control panel located on the top-center of the enclosure, rather than the back panel like most subwoofers.

My criteria for a subwoofer were: compact size, good response with solid deep base without the sloppiness heard in comparably-priced subwoofers from competitors.

This unit met my criteria in spades, and after having run one with my Elite receiver for several months, I decided to purchase a second one before they are unavailable. The reason for purchasing a second one was not to compensate for loudness; the RW-10D is plenty loud for all program material, ranging from music to sci-fi and action films. My favorite music material is progressive rock (particularly Pink Floyd) and classical, so accurate sound reproduction of music with wide dynamic range is something I really appreciate. The reason for the second purchase is so I could extend the bottom end a bit, taking advantage of reinforcement through placement at 1/4 or 1/2 wavelength the deepest frequencies to overcome the limitation of a (relatively) small woofer in the 16Hz-15Hz range, with the crossover of the second woofer set to 40Hz. It accomplished my goal and I am extremely satisfied with the result, and considering almost no .2 source material exists, there are no practical negatives to this approach.

Overall, the RW-10D offers very well thought-out design and it is a shame this unit is being discontinued; I highly recommend you snap two of these up before they are gone.

Pros:

* Due to the discontinuation of the product, they are now available at up to $1,000 off the original price

* Compact size with impressive response

* Convenient control location

* Both left and right inputs, for maximum compatibility with various preamps and receivers

* The units are designed to satisfy both geeks and the fashion-conscious. With the speaker grill on, the woofer remains a small, inconspicuous piece of furniture. But, if you take the grill off, you have a speaker featuring a copper-plated woofer driver to show off to audiophiles and geeks alike.

Cons:

* these drivers roll off around 20Hz. This is a result of the fact that the drivers are 10" and will not compare to the deep base found in 12" to 21" drivers.

* They will soon be gone, casualties of the ongoing recession

* Klipsch is now owned by Audiovox, so whether these will ever have a direct replacement in the marketplace is unknown

Conclusion: if you are looking for the best compromise between size and response in a subwoofer, go for the RW-10D. If you are looking for strong deep space response and space is not a concern, I would look at the RW-10D.
on April 24, 2011
I had five channel sound hooked up to my home theater. I have Klipsch speakers in all five positions, but I did not have the subwoofer. While in the stores subwoofers do not sound all that impressive, when at home when coupled with 5 other good speakers, they make a tremendous difference. It is not so obvious the benefit of 260W of power for a subwoofer in the store, but in you home theater it is. This unit makes movies great, it can shake my whole house. If you don't have one, you should. Finally Klipsch Reference speakers are very good, and can be gotten for reasonable prices if you are a good shopper, and Amazon makes that easy.Klipsch Reference Series RW-10d - Subwoofer - 260 Watt - black ash
on January 4, 2012
I recently got the Energy Take Classic 5.1 surround sound speaker system. The subwoofer in that system however is only an 8 inch and was lacking the bass note that I was looking for. So I started looking around for a replacement. I stumbled on this one based off of the good reviews, the price, and the size. From what i've read on other sites, Klipsch got bought out by another company and now their products aren't up to the par that they use to be. This series (The Reference series) is part of some of the last speakers that were made before Klipsch got bought out, so the quality is still there. Also since they are discontinued the price on these subs are significantly lower than what they once were.

Now onto the sub. This thing is freaking amazing. I live in an apartment and my living room is the standard size (12 x 18 or so if i had to guess). This thing can freaking bang the block down. I've tested it with music, movies, and video games and man is this thing awesome. The display and controls on the top is a HUGE plus. No more moving the sub out to look on the back side to make adjustments. The sound of this sub is superb. I'm still fine tuning it but already it sounds awesome and I'm sure it will sound better once it breaks in.

The only thing I noticed is when the grill is on it, there is a slight rattle (from all that BASS) so I might try to figure out a way to tighten the grill or just ditch the grill al together (it looks sexy without the grill).

If your on the fence about this subwoofer, get it. Its got the original Klipsch quality. Get one before they're all gone
on February 13, 2012
I'm not an expert at any of the audio or video stuff. But I do like and appreciate high quality when I hear and see it. Several years ago I bought a sound system in a box when I purchased a big screen.. Even though I knew at the time this was a mistake, I did it anyway.. Well ya know, it failed so I went out and bought a Receiver (STR-DH820) Everyone has an opinion, but this is fine for my meager taste. But the box sub-woofer would not work with this receiver,So I requested the help of my boss (Audophille) and he told me to buy this Klipish sub. I had never even heard of this brand. But I bought it. I am absolutely amazed. This thing is insane. The bass is crazy and I'm sold. I think I've already blown my center, so now I'm looking into this brand to add on. I didn't shop this sub, but its hard for me to believe you could get a better product at the price I paid. I would recommend this to any novice like me.
on March 10, 2014
I've had this Sub for over a year now. I use it in a 400 sq. foot remodeled bar area in m basement. The bedrooms in my house are the second story. There have been a few nights where my wife has called me while she's in bed to turn down the sub. I don't even have the volume up that loud. The nice thing is, the volume control is on the sub so I just turn that down, and can leave the rest of the system as is. I love Klipsch speakers and refuse to buy any other speakers. They sound great and are reasonably priced. The only thing that makes this item,in my book, a 4 star not 5, is that I wish the Bass was a little "cleaner." It has a great punch though
on July 8, 2011
Bouggt this without hearing it, i must say not at all dissapointed. Great low end and for the price its the best in its class. Absolutely love this. Specially for movies. Just lije a movie theater.
on December 8, 2011
This product has been wonderful. I normally listen at low to mid volume ranges and this sub produces a solid base that fills the room. When you want to go loud, it is also excellent without the "boomy" base too many subs produce. If I ever need a second sub I will by Klipsch.
on December 29, 2014
Honest sound replication along with the klipsch reference bookshelf speakers.
on May 13, 2011
im not a cnet reviewer ..but one thing i can tell you ......
there is no better sub woofer than this one - Klipsch Reference Series RW-10d Subwoofer - 260 Watt
..no point buying a 100$ subwoofer , you might as well put that 100$ in your pocket !
this subwoofer is really very nice ,
i can hear the car engine, door slam sound , noise of water from the tap , rocky III boxing punches ...which i never heard before !

very nice and all my frnds were like wow !
paid 300$

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.