Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads Hardcover – February 3, 2009
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
For years, countless home cooks have shied away from baking their own bread because they were intimidated by all the mess, the experience, and of course, all the kneading required. Now, with Nancy Baggett's revolutionary new Kneadlessly Simple method, even complete novices can bake bread quickly and easily in their own homes, with no kneading and no kitchen mess. The secret is in Baggett's slow-rise method, which allows the yeast to grow slowly and develop the same full, satisfying flavor of traditional bread, without any kneading at all. The technique calls for minimal ingredients, often mixed in one bowl with one spoon, eliminating all the mess of traditional bread recipes, and it can be used to produce a wide variety of breads, from Whole Wheat Boules and English Muffin Loaves to Raisin Bread and Caraway Beer Bread. With this innovative new method, anyone who can read, measure, and stir can now make delicious, fine-textured yeast bread at home. This book will differ from others on the same subject because Nancy Baggett is an experienced food writer who understand home baker's needs. While techniques by other experts may sound similar, they still require messy dough handling. Nancy Baggett's technique is the simplest one yet, and it's virtually fool-proof.
Exclusive Recipe Excerpts from Kneadlessly Simple
Easy Buttermilk Pot Bread with Coarse Salt
Great Granola Breakfast Bread
From the Inside Flap
Savoring a loaf of fragrant, warm-from-the-oven bread is one of life's great pleasures. Now you too can experience the joys of home-baked breadwithout all the hassle and mess of traditional bread recipes. Taking recent advances in slow-rise, no-knead bread making to a whole new level, award-winning cookbook author Nancy Baggett serves up seventy-five of the easiest, tastiest bread recipes ever developed.
Baggett's recipes involve no complicated procedures, no special equipment or baking expertiseand, of course, no kneading. The secret to her method is in the science: During a long, slow rise, the doughs actually knead themselves, and at the same time, develop wonderful flavor. Many of the recipes require no hand shaping, and all include a "KS (Kneadlessly Simple) Quotient" that explains exactly what's involved. With one bowl, one spoon, a few simple steps, and minimal kitchen clean-up, you'll be on your way, even if you've never baked bread before.
Inside, you'll discover terrific recipes for every taste and occasion. Enjoy loaves with the aromas and textures of today's best artisan breadscrusty Rosemary Focaccia, Ciabatta and Baguettes, plus buttery Brioche and other European classics. Savor all-American favorites like San FranciscoStyle Sourdough and Cinnamon-Raisin Bread. Stay healthy with Hearty Multigrain Boule, 100 Percent Whole WheatHoney Bread, and Gluten-Free Faux Rye Bread. And indulge with Panettone, Spiced Cranberry Orange Coffeecake, and other sweet breads. You'll even find recipes for bread-making kits you can give as gifts!
To make sure every bread turns out perfect, Baggett provides detailed advice on ingredients and techniques as well as step-by-step instructions for each recipe, including a range of rising times that you can select to suit your schedule. She also gives you in-depth troubleshooting tips and explains how to convert favorite old-fashioned bread recipes into no-knead versions. With a whole chapter of "Easiest Ever Yeast Breads" to get you started, along with sixteen pages of tempting color photographs, Kneadlessly Simple is all you need to create fuss-free, artisan-quality breads in your own kitchen.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
* Easy methods. Don't confuse the time commitment with complexity. You mix, you rise, you stir, you rise again, you bake.
* Flexibility. Yes, the bread takes a long time from start to finish, but you only have to put in a few minutes of effort for each step, and the range of times for completing the steps means you can do them when it makes sense for *you*.
* Delicious recipes. Our family's favorite recipes, the ones I make often, are Easy Oat Bread, Easy White Bread, English Muffin Loaves, Cheddar and Chiles Bread, and County Fair White Bread
* While the recipes are very easy to make, they do require planning ahead. If you decide to make bread today, you won't be eating it until tomorrow. You also need to do a little math to make sure you won't be needing to bake the bread in the middle of the night.
* My children hate the pot breads, which eliminates a good quarter or more of the recipes. They don't like the thick crust that forms on a pot bread, and I must admit the crust is a little thick even for the adults.
* It's easy to underbake the bread. Since the dough is very wet, you have to be sure you bake it a good long time. If you don't quite hit that, your bread will be gummy and not very good.
* Theoretically you should be able to convert another recipe you love to this method, but I have never had success with it.
* Not a lot of healthy breads, and those that are in there aren't - in my opinion - anywhere as good as the others. I have had more success substituting part whole wheat flour for the all-white breads than I have trying the breads in the chapter on healthy breads.
Overall, four years later, I wouldn't dream of giving up my copy of Kneadlessly Simple. It's the only bread book on my shelves that sees regular use. Definitely worth a buy!