Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Knee Deep in the Game
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 31, 2010
This is a MUST READ! I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. You really did your thing Boston George from start to finish. Keep them coming and I will DEFINITELY keep reading!
on November 1, 2010
There's a new author on the scene and his name is Boston George. "Knee Deep In the Game" is an excellent read. The story pulls you in from the very beginning and keeps you until the very end, wanting more. I read this book in a day, it was so hard to put it down. If it's street drama you want, this book is it! As you read you will be in the center of all of the happenings as it's going down. If you don't know what street life and hustling is about after reading this book you will have a pretty good idea. I will definitely be on the look out for more great books from this "Awesome" author who is off to a "WONDERFUL" start. BG you put it down and I can't wait to see what's next. I will definitley be recommending this to all of my reading friends who loves a good book to read!!!!
on June 5, 2011
I had read the knee deep in the game and Idont normally read new work but I had too sterp out and I was very over joyed and boston george brought it to the project scence and I could feel the book and it was carefully written and its a must read book and luv it and the movie that co side with it is no way out and t shirt too and show up and suppprt my friend everyone
on January 5, 2012
Knee Deep in the Game was a good book. Loved young boy Pop and hated Tito with the bad tude. Loyalty and courage is the name of the game. Boston George did a good job on this one. 4 stars
on February 2, 2011
I am aware that this is fiction but this book had so many wtf moments in it I lost count, I got it cause of the reviews, last time I trust u ppl. The story line was ok but alot of the circumstances made no sense, like y he aint let da dominican chick leave? y he only spoke about his lil sister when he said he had younger brothers and sisters? y as soon as he got put on n got some clothes he became arrogant like he always had it like that? and from the beginning i thought he was a young teen then to find out he 18 all i can say is WTF.
on February 17, 2011
This book was by far one of the worst I have ever read, honestly I would have rather read Twilight at least maybe then the characters would have been developed a bit better. The book is about 250 pages long and it took me about an hour to read it, which is sad. It's filled with despicable acts of a young and "Rising Star" of "Da Hood", named "Pop", who just want's to rise above his circumstances and get money and respect and out of his crackwhore mothers house who was aptly named "Theresa". The book was chock full of superficial characters who's only concern was making money by any means including doing drive by's, contract kills, and peddling "Crack". The Sexual encounters where written at a third grade level by a seemingly one deminsional author who irionicly enough was in prison when he wrote this literary masterpiece.

The Author seems to think we all listen to rap becuase he kept plugging random rap songs into the book, while the characters got "Moniez and Hoes".

All in all this "book" if you can call it that, was very repetative, repulsive and needs to be put on "Rotten Tomatoes" list for a golden rasberry for worst book of all time if they ever make a list for literature.
on July 24, 2011
Boston George really did his thing with this book right here.I loved this book so much that i read it in one day. Once i started reading i couldn't stop.I was really feeling the character Pop,his character was so real and i think that alot of black young men can really relate to him.Melissa i was one of my favorite characters i just hate that she was put in such a bad situation,but hey blood is thicker than water. Nika i think she really held Pop down 4rm start to finsh...now that's a real chick.Fresh i had mixed feelings about him, he was the guy u hated him sometimes ,but you kind of understood why he handled things the way he did...hey being a boss is hard but somboy has to did.This book is a must read. Looking forward to reading his next book that drops in November "REDRUM" i know it's gonna be crazy good. Street fiction at it's finest!!! Big ups to Boston George*
on March 13, 2012
I broght this book for my Fiance over a year ago ad I'm just now getting around to reading First let me say I never thought I would read it from reading the summary, but my uncle talked me into reading. Once reading I came to the conclusion that this is a MUST READ for those who are into Urbn Fiction. It's very realistic and actual things that go on in the world today, the way it came off to me is that it was NOTHING from the imagination but something that an actual person has lived through and died from. Like a stated it earlier it's a MUST READ don't let this book slip between yoyr fingers!!!! My favorite character was Pop; very realistic. I love the relationship him and Nikea had. I also love the ending of the book. Nikea is the female every male dreams about!!! I'm glad I read this book! :)
on December 19, 2010
This book was great. It's no accident that every reviewer has given the book 5 stars. It's worth every star, plus some.

Pop was a young, no non-sense kind of guy, who had a crackhead mother that would do anything for her next hit. Being neglected and resented by his mom, led Pop to a life of robbery to survive and feed himself. Fresh is a seasoned hustler who is on the look out for a few new soldiers but is also waiting on his most dependable soldier, Tito, to return home from prison. Tito is a loud and boisterous guy who's not afraid to put his murder game down.
When Fresh sees Pop in action, he recognizes that has a lot of heart and hunger and adds him to his team. After joining up with Fresh, Pop's life changes completely. He has money and access to beautiful women. With much success in the game, Pop sees that there are other things he could do with his life and money.

You got to read this book and experience all the intense action and drama that Pop, Fresh and Tito get into. You will not be disappointed.
on February 8, 2011
I bought this book as a gift for my sister. Having just finished reading it, I can only apologize. The story description on the back covers describes the young kid, Pop, as having courage, loyalty and heart. You wonder about that when the the story opens with Pop luring a Chinese food delivery lady to his project building, then knocking her out cold and making off with the food and what little money she had on her.
Another problem I had with this book was there was too much sex, too much violence and too little story. Everytime you turned around, somebody was getting gunned down, beaten down, pistol whipped, burned to a crisp (!!!), nail-gunned to death, etc. It was ridiculous and it left me with little or no sympathy for any of the players, including Pop.