Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 5, 2013
I had bunion surgery on my right foot and without this Spry Knee Cruzer Elite I would be in a pickle...in addition not be able to get around anywhere. I began using my Spry immediately after surgery. It is durable and convenient. I chose this model for several reasons:
#1 Rear wheel rotation function allows pivot on own access (narrow turning radius)-A must have!!
#2 Light Touch Disc Brakes with parking lock feature for hand free use, can be operated by either hand
#3 Easy Fold Handlebar folding stem requires no adjustment and only a single hand to operate--fits in most sedans.
#4 Non-Marking Solid Tires - long life, solid, polyurethane tires

Some things I would change: The front wheels are wide (22") and tend to hit/rub against my walls, doors, and any other thing that comes in it way if I am not paying close attention when wheeling around tight spaces. Rubber coverings over the bolts on the front tires would be a good suggestion to the company. The Molded Foam Knee Rest provides minimal comfort...for short trips it doesn't seem to bother me but if I am out and about for a longer trip say the grocery or mall it is very uncomfortable. Needless to say, I have developed callous on my knee. I purchased knee pads for additional cushion which seems to work okay. These things are all tolerable if I can get around...and I do. I would not be able to recover without this Spry Elite Cruzer. I highly suggest purchasing a basket from Spry. I is definitely a MUST HAVE if you plan on holding/carrying ANYTHING. It is also useful for holding items while shopping, at work, or organizing/cleaning the house (such as holding laundry washing, carrying my cell phone, remote controls, etc to various locations. The SPRY Cruzer gets everyone's attention. People love to admire and ask about it and my surgery.

Overall I highly suggest this Spry Cruzer!
on April 29, 2013
Crutches are like ski's. Catch an edge and you are going down!
Pretty bad if you can't put any weight on the ankle you just had surgery on.
Rented another type of scooter and it was good but had limitations, not much clearance on the bottom so could not go over 1 step or curb. Could not turn tight enough to go into bedroom or Bathroom so still had to have Crutches close by.

The Spry is very mobile and I can go just about anywhere. Step and curb not a problem, can get out of tight area no problem..
Could use a little better cushion can feel board under the pad gets a little tough on the knee after awhile. Even so,
Over all the best!
on January 2, 2013
I was given a prescription for a knee walker. I went to a medical supply place and they wanted $115 a month for the device. Some places wanted even a lot more for renting it. I found this on Amazon for $299 and free shipping. The website for SPRY says retail is $599 on this model. I have used it for over a month and have been very please with the walker.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2013
The knee walker arrived with a broken off right brake handle. The seller was first rate in customer service and sent me a new one immediately. This one arrived with a broken off left brake handle. Both had sheared off at the hand brake joint. I doubt this happened in shipping; more likely poor materials. Also, I went for the disc brakes in the back so I could swing the back around in tight corners. Walker tends to tip over when engaged and really not that helpful. Amazon again was quick to refund my money no questions asked. I have to say I love Amazon!
on November 30, 2012
I really love this. For my last foot surgery I had borrowed a product similar to this from a friend. I have more surgeries scheduled and had wanted to get one of these, but thought it would be too expensive. This product was not only very well priced, but was packaged well and arrived quicker than I ever expected. It was very easy to set it up and seems very smooth as I cruise through the house with it. I would certainly recommend this to others.
on July 9, 2013
Due to heel/achilles surgery I am not allowed to put an weight on my foot for 4 weeks. I love my Spry. The medical supply store was out of scooters and this only cost $199. This allows me to get around my downstairs (I supplement with crutches for the bathroom). I can go outside with my dog. The brakes are a great feature. The wheels started squeeking but a little WD40 quickly fixed the problem. Highly recommend!
on June 14, 2013
GREAT DESIGN. I LOVE THE DISC BRAKES IN THE FRONT AND THE GREAT DESIGN OF THE REAR WHEELS THAT LET YOU MAKE A 360 IN AN ELEVATOR.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS FANTASTIC. THE LEFT BRAKE WAS STICKING, MARIO IN CUSTOMER SERVICE DID THE DIAGNOSTIC USING FACE TIME ON OUR i-PHONE, AND SENT ME A REPLACEMENT ASSEMBLY IN 2 DAYS.

I AM RECOMMENDING IT TO EVERY BODY THAT NEED A KNEE SCOOTER.
on February 4, 2013
I had a left midfoot fusion 4 weeks ago and I would not be able to get around my house at all without the SPRY Cruzer. I have rheumatoid arthritis with pain in my hands, elbows and shoulders making crutches impossible. I also have poor balance from a previous right partial knee replacement and remaining valgus of the knee of the other leg.The walker is only possible for a few steps at a time due to bursitis in the opposite hip. The SPRY allows me to utilize the leg of the operative foot when walking. It is very sturdy and the brakes work very well. It moves very smoothly. I do not use the back swivel wheel feature for turning because I lose control of the walker too easily. The front wheels are a little wide. It would be better if there was some kind of rubber covering over the bolt on the front tires. I must admit that I have scratched up door frames, furniture and appliances. But I must be able to get around. I did purchase a cover for the knee rest. It is still not soft enough and I have quite the callous on my knee. These things are all tolerable if I can get around. I also purchased a basket, which is very useful for picking up items in the grocery store, putting away folded laundry and carrying my cell phone and laptop to various locations. The SPRY Cruzer is quite the conversation piece in the grocery store and everywhere that I go. The cast techs at my surgeon's office had never seen the SPRY before and were quite impressed when comparing with the other brands that they had seen. I've got at least 2 more weeks with my SPRY and I am sure that it will continue to be my closest companion for the duration.
on July 19, 2013
This scooter is sturdy and fun to use! The back wheel swivel makes it so simple to mauvever in small places like an elevator or store aisle. I turn heads whenever I'm out and I think folks are trying to figure out if this is a new toy on the market. This scooter put a smile on my face as I recover from my foot surgery!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse