Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kness Tip-Trap 109-0-001 Live-Capture Mouse Trap
|You Save:||$6.85 (57%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of polypropylene
- Resistant to stains and odors
- Tip-Traps are easy to clean and can be reused or disposed of after mouse is caught
- No harmful chemicals, baits or poisons used making it safe to use around children and pets
- Safe to set up.
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||1.2 x 3.4 x 4 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||JEN-2060|
|Shipping Weight||0.02 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Kness Tip-Trap 109-0-001 Live-Capture Mouse Trap
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||The JRR Company LLC||Quik Solve||Linger Inc|
|Item Dimensions||3.4 x 4 x 1.2 in||2.9 x 7.1 x 3.1 in||1 x 6 x 1 in||2.4 x 6.7 x 2.5 in|
Tip-Trap Live Capture Mouse Trap. Made of polypropylene, resistant to stains and odors. Tip-Traps are easy to clean and can be reused or disposed of after mouse is caught. Place bait on the inside of the removable end cap. Place trap near a wall with trap door open. The smell of the bait will cascade from the unit, out the trap door and attract the mice. When mouse enters the Tip-Trap it will cause the unit to tip - closing the door and trapping the mouse inside. To release, simply position the Tip-Trap over desired area, pull back on closed trap door and let mouse slide out. Controls: Mice, voles and shrews. Try our Nutter Butter Squirrel, Rat and Mouse bait to increase your catch rate.
While mouse infestations can be overwhelming, conventional "snap traps" often prove equally overwhelming to use. This tip trap has an ingeniously simple design that provides a safe, humane, and effective way to rid your house of mice. Simply remove the end cap and place peanut butter in the bait cup. Place the trap in a problem area and wait. As the mouse moves inside the trap to fetch the bait, the trap will tip up automatically, closing the trap door. Then you can release the mouse a safe distance from your house, allowing it to go on with its life and you to go on with yours.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
I know there are some mediochre (or lower) reviews regarding this product, but please understand that there can be mitigating factors that determine how well this product works (which I learned the hard way). This product, in fact, works extremely well!! I have a large house surrounded by woods. Combine that with the intense high temps outside and that can lead to a family of mice dweeling in my house. So hence the tip-trap. Within two weeks we caught 15 mice!! It works as promised!!
But here are some things you need to know to make them work as promised:
1) The suggested bait is peanut butter. No need to change from this. However, our first instinct is to load up the bait cap in our excitement to nab the pesky mice! DON'T DO THIS. The tip trap is precisely balanced. A large dose of peanut butter adds too much weight to the trap side and could make the trap tip just from the vibrations of your walking, or even if the mouse is sniffing around it and nudges it. Only put a small glob the size of a Skittle or MM candy. It is VERY aromatic and mice have a very good sense of smell. That will be plenty of peanut butter to do the trick.
2) Mice are skittish and like to hug close to walls when they are out exploring, so keep the trap next to the wall (in their path), with just a hair of separation. You wouldn't want the trap to tip when the mouse was inside, but then get hung on the wall and the mouse escapes.
3) Keep the trap closest to the likely source of their entrance or starting point, probably where you see the mouse droppings. These traps will be most productive overnight when the house is quiet and the mice feel safe to come out.
These things do work great! Just so you know, once you catch your mouse it will panic and leave lots of little mouse gifts for you inside of the trap. Rinse them out as soon as you free the mouse so they dont dry and stick inside. No need to get the trap spotless because the scent of the mouse you just let go will encourage other mice because they think it is a safe place to walk. I admit I have not tried any other live-traps than this one, as this was the first that I found when Googled and it works quite well. So while I can give you a very experienced testament to this product's success, I cannot compare to any other. But this one serves very well, so that's all I need anyway!! Enjoy!
The mice got in,tried to got the bait and finally escaped from the trap.
First time, I put small peanut butter at the end in circle area and next day I checked the trap and found that the bait was gone with door shut so I was so wondering how the mice can escape,maybe the bait size was small.
Second time, I put bigger size of peanut butter to cover all circle area and thought mice could take more time to get the bait out before door shut but the mice still was able to get out because the door shut but the bait was still in.
So I put the camera to capture what's going on when the mice got in and finally caught it and found that the mice was so quick that it just escaped before the door shut. Very surprising.
Then I switched to try "Mice Cube 4 Pk - Reusable Humane Mouse Trap" and this works great for me, couple days I got one.
We also tried these:
- Catchmaster 606MC Mechanical Metal Multi-Catch Trap -- the mice go in, eat the peanut butter, poop, and go right back out. We tried messing with the ramps to get them to operate better, but no luck.
- Victor Mice Trap from Home Depot -- we had a lot of success with this. It catches the mice, and allows for cleaning.
- Victor Mini Sonic PestChasers from Home Depot -- we seem to be getting a benefit from these. Try them.
- Mice Cube 4 Pk - Reusable Humane Mouse Trap -- these work great at catching mice, but are impossible to clean out.