Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,453 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,684 reviews
on January 9, 2017
I love this trilogy.

The cases and blurays have excellent designs.

The book has great photos and well printed.

This collection I recommend, not only for the batman fans, for the whole public.
review image
on January 27, 2013
Christopher Nolan had to expertly make a trio of Batman films like no other: truly dark featuring expansive sets, state-of-the-art FX, and, most of all, impressive performances from its stars.

The first of the three, "Batman Begins," sports the best performance by star Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman. In the movie, Bale delivers his distinctive turn in the role previously assayed by the likes of Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and, of course, Adam West on TV. Bale is very good, demonstrating why he was chosen for the role and why he is constantly in demand in Hollywood.

Bale takes a backseat to the late Heath Ledger in "Batman Returns." In this one, Ledger takes the role of The Joker to a more psychotic level than has ever been presented before. Ledger's take is more frightening and demented than previously has been presented. He deserved the posthumous Oscar awarded him.

Finally, "The Dark Knight Rises" suffers from what befalls many films: it's just too big...too many villains, overuse of special effects and violence at the expense of character, and a hazy plot that appears just thrown together.

Although Tom Hardy's "Bane" is a worthy menace to Batman and Bane does admirably in the role, the film starts rather lacklusterly and ends on a rather predictable note. The first thirty minutes alone move too slowly.

Additional acting kudos should be given to the other regulars common to all films: Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, and Michael Caine as faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth.

Overall rating: 5 stars for films 1 and 2; 3 stars for the conclusion in the trilogy
on July 17, 2013
First off - the product itself and packaging. This is a very nice set, the quality of it is top-notch and the art book is a nice bonus. The outer box that holds everything even has a nice feel to it. They need to make more sets like this, a lot of people could learn from this set. The 5 discs are nicely contained and kept safe in their own fold out style book, and easy to remove when needed. Not much more to say about it really, just very nice set especially for the price.

Not going to get too much into the movie because chances are if you are here looking to buy this you have seen them or know something about the movies already. I will keep it short...the movies are well done, the Blu-ray quality is up there and if you are even a remote fan of comic style movies this is a must see/own collection.
on February 27, 2013
Firstly, I am a Batman fan. He is my second favorite superhero character (behind Dick Grayson actually), so when I write this review, I may be a little bias in my support of these three films. My review is more topical and complete so I won’t go into a lot details, thus if for some reason you have not seen any of these films, this review will not spoil anything for you.
The Dark Knight trilogy is fantastic, my second favorite trilogy (behind The Lord of the Rings). I love how each film stands on its own and it is only the third which makes references to the previous films, but give you enough in case you missed either one. In Batman Begins, we have, in my opinion, the greatest Batman film origin story you could possibly tell. There are other Batman origin stories out there which are wonderful (like Batman: Year One) but Batman Begins has the more cinematic qualities to a big budget super hero film along with a very grounded, very personal starting place for both Bruce Wayne and Batman. If Warner Bros. decided to re-boot Batman (as I feel they should in order to have a character which fits into a world with other superheroes and one who is more detective focused) I would strongly urge to just not create an origin story. Just kick off with Batman as Batman, maybe from flashbacks to his parents’ murder, but do not try to compete with Batman Begins because, as origin stories for this hero go, you will not find a more perfect one.
The Dark Knight is the best superhero film made to date. It has every element of not only a great superhero film, but a great film in general. You have a conflicted hero trying to separate himself from his alter ego, but you ultimately cannot. There is a sort of hubris story where the very act of good is turned evil. And a perfect villain, written and acted exceptionally to tear everything down. The scope is epic and yet the characters make it feel like a small movie at times. The Joker is the villain he is always supposed to be. He is chaotic, psychotic, mischievous, murderous and always one step ahead of the great detective. The character is played beautifully by Heath Ledger who give the character real life and depth while, at the end of the film, we really know very little about him which only adds to the terror that the Joker is meant to inspire.
The trilogy wraps up with The Dark Knight Rises, which, once I realized this is not intended to be a traditional superhero film, I was able to appreciate the movie for what it was. It is the end of a legend, but not the one you think. This ends the legend of Bruce Wayne and established the true legend of Batman. The acting in this third film is all-around the best of the series with greater performances by all the veterans and the new comers. It is a broad scoped plot all fit wonderfully together and held their by Bane. Traditionally not a primary villain, Bane become more in this film and the link to the League of Shadows (primary villains in Batman Begins) was a wonderful way to bring Bane on equal ground with Batman. The story has everything you want as a fan and moves along at a very quick pace to the war-like finale in Gotham City. It was a very fitting end to the Christopher Nolan Batman era.
While I would have liked to see certain elements in the trilogy, namely the inclusion of Dick Grayson (not Robin) in the final chapter (Dick provides a father-son relationship with Bruce which links him back to his father) I was very happy with the end results. Some characters die that you don’t expect to and the overall history of Batman is altered which, in the end, I was okay with. If you are familiar with the comics or other films, what is important to realize is that this Batman is in another universe that the other stories. It is a more realistic universe where villains like Clayface or Killer Croc would not be able to exist, along with superheroes like Superman or Wonder Woman. In this universe, this trilogy tells the complete legend of Bruce Wayne and the first chapters in the legend of the Batman.
Overall, I give the trilogy a 5 out of 5 putting up on par with the trilogy The Lord of the Rings, and very much like the Greek legends told in poems like The Odyssey and The Iliad.
I ordered this and received it quickly, the blu rays all play perfectly. What I was surprised to find is that this also included a code to get digital copies of the movie through the ultraviolet program. I had no idea it included that. Now the digital copies are standard def, but that's still pretty cool having digital access.

The movies themselves are complete, it comes with a little book which is nice but the movies are what I wanted. Everything played perfectly, the sound was great and picture was clear.
on January 29, 2013
So glad that I got a PS3 so that I could play Blu-rays, like these movies!
-There's no reason to actually go into reviewing the movies themselves, because that's what iMDB is for (but I will say they are FREAKING AMAZING!), but they all work perfectly, and look/sound beautifully.
-The packaging looks/is awesome.
-It comes with a little book, which is a selection of imagery from "The Art And Making Of The Dark Knight Trilogy," which has a little over 60 pages of random pictures, concept art, and behind the scenes pictures of the 3 films (very cool to look through).
-Comes with Ultraviolet copies (which I've actually never bothered with before, but figured I could make these movies my first). If you haven't used this before, then it'll explain how to get everything. But it doesn't explain that you're actually going to be using a program called "Flixster" which is where all the magic happens. I'm pretty sure you stream your movies with Flixster, but since I don't rely on streaming, I downloaded the movies to my computer so I could watch them whenever (not to mention they look pretty damn good in Standard Definition!). If you want to take your movies with you on the go, then you'll need to get the "Movies by Flixster" App on your mobile device (iOS, or Android. I don't have any other type, so I don't know about them). Then you can sign in, and download the movies onto that. Sadly it isn't going to look perfect, but that's because the downloads aren't in Blu-ray ;)
-Comes with a bonus discs for each movie (though I haven't watched any, I'm sure they're cool to watch as well).

If you love, or even just like the movies, and you have a Blu-ray player, I'd say this collection is a must buy!
on December 20, 2016
Great flawless trilogy. Love it!!!
on January 7, 2013
I got this for Christmas from my wife. This was my first Blu-ray experience and I was amazed. The picture and sound are amazing. There are hours of special features. I especially liked the Batmobile documentary on The Dark Knight Rises Special Features blu-ray. In Nolan tradition, there were no deleted scenes for any of the three movies. I love these three movies. As a fan of Batman my entire life, I feel The Dark Knight Trilogy is a nearly flawless adaptation of Batman. I am very happy with how Nolan portrayed Batman.
on March 10, 2017
I bought this at one time when there was deal of day on here I had few years now I can see it was worth it didn't have chase down the movies I wanted they came in one box set everything was good the picture and audio sounded and looked good it also came with small comic booklet ive gotten a lot plays out this box set
on December 8, 2012
It seems Warner Brothers likes to milk BD sets for every penny they can. Take this fine example - The new Batman Trilogy. It is billed with '2 discs of Special Features'. No, on a BD, a full disc could hold HOURS of material. There's no new features for Batman Begins. The Special Features for the Dark Knight are about 30 minutes total, though the Dark Knight Rises almost makes up for it with a fairly hefty delivery of extra stuff. I just expected more stuff.

As far as the films? Why parrot what everyone else has already said? These BD are absolutely beautiful in HD and a powerful soundtrack (only 5.1 DTS, but still)It looks better than it did in IMAX. And that's why most folk bought this trilogy set. So while I have a few issues with it, I can't rate it lower, especially for the price that Amazon is currently offering.

I have no doubt there will be a 'bigger' BD collection for these films somewhere down the road. But for now, I can manage with this set. And if you are on the fence about making the change to Blu-Ray in regards to these films, do it. Do it now. This collection is worth it.