Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 2,433 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,663 reviews
on December 4, 2012
Just got mine in the mail. It does indeed come with UltraViolet copies of all 3 movies!

It also comes with:
A 64 page excerpt from "The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy."

Batman Begins: 1 disc (Movie and special features together)
The Dark Knight: 2 discs (Movie and special features are separate)
The Dark Knight Rises: 2 discs (Movie and special features are separate)

And a code for discounted memorabilia. I will be posting some pictures soon.

Hope this helps!
review image review image review image review image review image
1414 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
Okay, so when I was considering buying this Trilogy set, I had already known for sure that I wanted to own the movies. But for DVD, I wasn't sure how good this edition would be. One of the things that bugged me a little was that most of the reviews here is for the Blu-ray version, which includes bonus content in film and artwork. As a young guy who isn't crazy about comics or comicbook movies, but who still loves Christopher Nolan's original approach to the Batman franchise, I knew I only needed the DVD edition, and that'd be good enough for me. But for the listed price? I wanted to be sure it would be WORTH it. You guys out there, reading this review...you know what I mean. You hate getting ripped off with the purchase of a DVD when you are forced to get Blu-ray to get the REAL good stuff.
But have no worries. This set is good enough for you if you're like me: like the movies, want above average packaging, and a little bit of fancy artwork that sets it apart from regular DVDs. As mentioned above, this DVD edition only comes with the three movies and no special features, except for BATMAN BEGINS (which is like the regular, individual DVD edition, where this "special feature" is simply a trailer of the actual movie, lol). So yeah, don't be fooled. But the box is wonderfully done: pleasant feeling texture, a fantastic 3D holographic cover showcasing the three movie wallpapers (yes! it isn't only on the Blu-ray edition!), on the back it has the Dark Knight bat-symbol in black with a dark grey backround; when you open the flaps, your eyes are greeted by the three movies with awesome disc cover work: each disc has the Bat symbol, but with the correlating theme for that movie. It's nice, because it looks like a Trilogy, like it should.
The inside of the box has nice artwork. You know, behind the plastic part that holds the discs in those kinda sets? Real nice. It is the Bat symbol like on the cover of the box, blown up in proportion. In the inside flaps, it has a wide panel view of Batman on the "Batpod", as seen in The Dark Knight. One last detail that might be of interest to some of you guys out there: each disc now has the new "DC Comics" logo; this is pretty cool, because separately, only The Dark Knight Rises dvd has this new DC logo, which makes the other two not quite matching.
And one last thing: in case ya'll are wondering, on this DVD edition (I don't know about the Blu-ray edition), when you play each movie on the computer or tv, everything plays exactly like the normal DVDs. Basically, it doesn't come with a "special" version of the Main Menu or anything. But trust me, as a DVD user, I was totally satisfied.
on August 31, 2016
I have given this product a zero, because the product description clearly states that there would be five disc's aswell has a box ect. Our dvd "so called set" came with a single regular Blu-ray case and absolutely no disc in the case at all.....that's right, we opened it and to our dismay there WAS NO DVD INSIDE THE CASE!! Of course iam happy that the people on here who got their disc and cases are thrilled about their purchase, but we are part of the percentage that are screwed. Just know that when you purchase this product you will either be happy or pissed. Enjoy :-)
on May 5, 2014
I won't get into the details of the movies themselves as everyone who is reading this most likely loves the movies enough to consider a trilogy box set. So I'll save you plot points etc. I will only said that this is a great trilogy. The first two Tim Burton movies set the bar pretty high (of course the third and fourth in that series lowered the bar so much you would assume they were starting a limbo contest). But Nolan picks up on the edgier Burton films (edgier than previous tv/movie incarnations) and took off with it. The end result is a more or less fulfilling trilogy with great special effects grounded in a very real environment. Gotham can be any major metropolitan city with a gritty, dark underside.

Now onto the box set, it's pretty well made the vehicles included are great (but it sucks that you can't take them out and replace them in the packaging...even though we are adults it's still fun to play a little, or at least look at our toys). The frame able prints are interesting as they are somewhat conceptual, and would look nice on your wall (I used my scanner to make a copy so I can post one on my wall and keep the original safe). The included art book is nice and has a really good look and feel to it. It's glossy but it has parts that do not seem glossy which gives it a unique look. It reminds me of comic books where you get covers that have parts that stand out, and others that are almost faded into the background which draws your eyes in more. It's hard to explain, but, as I was saying it has a nice look and feel to it. Too bad it's not a hardcover book.

The "book" that holds the cd is nice as well. Each movie is showcased on their own set of pages. Batman Begins only has one blu ray disc the other two have two. and there is a bonus disc as well (that is separate than the bonus discs that came out with the individual movies). the cd holder part of the page is designed in such a way as the art on the cd completes the art on the page. Almost like a puzzle piece. it's a great idea, except one of the movies the cds are black to fit the image so it's not as impressive as the one where you have part of the batpod wheel printed on the disc to complete the picture. It's a small thing but it makes it more fun and interesting. This is a hardcover book, and the art in it is phenomenal as well.

The movies look and sound great, and the bonus disc, while not overwhelming has a few things that are worth taking a look at. Notably is seeing Chris Nolan and Richard Donner discuss their iconic superhero movies, as Superman was a definite inspiration to Nolan (his words). Overall this is a great and exciting set and a great way to get all three movies in one place. if you're a huge fan of batman like I am then this is something you shouldn't pass up. I showed it to my brother (who lives in the same house) and when he saw it he got himself a copy as well. So that should tell you something. While this is a great set, It's probably too much for the casual fan, but at the same time it may draw you deeper into the batman mystique. It's a definite must have for any movie/superhero movie collector.
on February 13, 2015
The absolute best Batman films ever made ( in my opinion, and with all due respect to my previous favorite Batman: Michael Keaton ). I guess the reason is that the Burton films ( I can't count Batman Returns, it's kinda bad...) failed to really dive into The Dark Knight. Nolan really treats the subject with respect and doesn't overdo it with the gothic or campy elements of previous incarnations. That said, Adam West is fantastic! Thematically, the films all tie together. This is a must own for fans of the comic, the show, and even the Burton films ( I can't even acknowledge the other films although Val was pretty good in a terrible film and George, I love ya, but just can't go there. ). Lastly, I have to give applause to all of the actors in this trilogy. Christian Bale nails it, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are indispensable, Gary Oldman JGL and Anne Hathaway: great, Heath Ledger is by far not only the best villain, but absolutely THE JOKER, and even though he caught a lot of flack, Tom Hardy was fantastic with just his voice and his eyes.
on March 9, 2015
More than entertaining...

I did not like the first Batman trilogy, I found it some own "empty and cold". But I was expecting a remake at some time, cause I believed that the content of the BD and television show that I use to look at when I was a child deserved it. Before to buy this trilogy though, I started with Batman Begins to be sure that it will be different. And it was. So I jumped on this set. This last trilogy, with Christian Bale as Batman, was more than entertaining, it carries the original message in a deeper and darker realistic drama, I believe you'll understand what I mean when you will look at the begining of the first movie, at the second one with the Joker and the end of the third part, an ending that surprised me as well.

I will resume this way : If like me you did not like the first trilogy but If you do like a balance in the combination of a realistic human approach, a stronger emotional and action aspects, than try this one. You might enjoy it very much.
on February 12, 2014
The more I watch these films, the more I love them.

BB is a good movie but moves a little slow for my taste. The first half seems to drag, but I understand they have to establish the the characters and the darker Batman mythology.

TDK is the best of the series, all due to Heath Ledger's Joker. Everytime the movie ends I get really p.o.'d cuz we will never see a standalone Joker origins movie with Heath, as I am pretty confident that would have happened purely because his performance. This is personal taste but I really wish Katie Holmes would have reprized her role as Rachel cuz IMO Maggie Gyllenhall has the face of a "sad turtle" and Katie was just simply better and more believable.

I seem to be watching TDKR more than any of them tho. I love the music score, and just the "fall and rise" story line. Bane was tricky to understand in the theaters but is A LOT better on my home theater...IMO. I like the way it ended and seemed like they were going to morph it into another series with JGL (which could still happen I guess). But once they announced Ben Afleck as the new batman (yes I know its a different Mytho, I thought those hopes were all but dashed. That said when I heard "Heath Ledger" as joker I thought...W..T...F...but I was WAY wrong. So who knows.

On a side note and I may be completely alone with this, but before TDKR ever came out to theater's I always thought, Joseph Gordon Levitt looked like Heath. So I always thought he could work well with some sort of Joker Origin movie. But now I don't think that would work cuz he was hinted in TDKR as the heir apparent to Batman.

But, This trilogy is fantastic, the 3rd one took a couple run throughs for my to really appreciate it and I feel is just .001% below TDK. But Heath puts that ahead everytime.
on May 9, 2015
Nicely packaged gift set for an excellent trilogy, love the look and feel of the outer box, the included book and the packaging that houses the discs themselves. The discs have a different bat symbol for each film with The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises stacked on top of their respective special features discs. The video/audio quality are identical to the previous blu ray releases as are the bonus discs, it is nice to have them all together in one box set though. If you currently do not own the individual releases of these films and can get a copy of this set, you should pick one up. I'm glad I did...highly recommended!!!
on January 27, 2013
Christopher Nolan had to expertly make a trio of Batman films like no other: truly dark featuring expansive sets, state-of-the-art FX, and, most of all, impressive performances from its stars.

The first of the three, "Batman Begins," sports the best performance by star Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman. In the movie, Bale delivers his distinctive turn in the role previously assayed by the likes of Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and, of course, Adam West on TV. Bale is very good, demonstrating why he was chosen for the role and why he is constantly in demand in Hollywood.

Bale takes a backseat to the late Heath Ledger in "Batman Returns." In this one, Ledger takes the role of The Joker to a more psychotic level than has ever been presented before. Ledger's take is more frightening and demented than previously has been presented. He deserved the posthumous Oscar awarded him.

Finally, "The Dark Knight Rises" suffers from what befalls many films: it's just too big...too many villains, overuse of special effects and violence at the expense of character, and a hazy plot that appears just thrown together.

Although Tom Hardy's "Bane" is a worthy menace to Batman and Bane does admirably in the role, the film starts rather lacklusterly and ends on a rather predictable note. The first thirty minutes alone move too slowly.

Additional acting kudos should be given to the other regulars common to all films: Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, and Michael Caine as faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth.

Overall rating: 5 stars for films 1 and 2; 3 stars for the conclusion in the trilogy
on December 31, 2013
Put together as a true testament to the power of this trilogy and the love fans have for Nolan's attention to the source material and the epic story arc of his Bruce Wayne...this is the set to own.
The extra disc alone is worth the money to see the unseen 70 minute doc and all.
The toys are choice, solid, like the best Hot Wheels you'll ever own.
It looks fantastic, smells like that great new boxed set smell, and it hammers home the power of the films as no matter how many times I've seen them...as soon as I get them in any new form I have to watch from Begins to Rises and just relish how much I truly love these movies.
If you love them...buy this thing. It sits so well next to my numbered Big Lebowski bowling ball collector's set and now I have a great display to really Bat up the old cinema room with.
Excuse me now I need to go play with the Tumbler and see if it beats Keaton's Batmobile or if Adam West will own the day yet again.