Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on May 23, 2017
Edouard de Lanceau is the son of Lord Geoffrey de Lanceau. Juliana de Greyne is the daughter of Lord de Greyne. Edouard and Juliana meet the first time at her father's keep, where Edouard saves Juliana from a fall in a well. When he reveals a bet to kiss her, she doesn't believe a word Edouard says after the confession.

Several years later finds Juliana is a lady-in-waiting to her best friend, Mayda. She has given birth to a daughter and fears for them both. Mayda makes Juliana promise to protect her daughter, Rosemary, if something should befall her. Something does happen to Mayda and Juliana finds herself threatened by Geoffrey's old villain Veronique and her son, Tye.

When Edouard de Lanceau is on his way to Mayda and Landon's keep, he discovers Juliana de Greyne body floating on the banks of a river. Finding her still alive, he takes her to Landon's keep, where they are captured by Veronique and Tye. Now that Veronique has Edouard, she sets her trap for Lord Geoffrey de Lanceau. Can Edouard and Juliana escape to warn his father? Is Rosemary alive and safe, or dead as is feared? Will Juliana and Edouard have a chance to love each other, or will Veronique succeed in killing them both?

The characters are real and well drawn. The plot is familiar but with twists and turns to keep the reader interested. There is no cliffhanger in this story. I thoroughly enjoyed this medieval novel. I look forward to other books by Catherine Kean.
on June 22, 2013
Very well written, free of careless errors, and true to the style of the era. Although it is impossible to actually have characters speak the "English" of that age since it is unrecognizable to today's English speakers, the flavor of the language is well done.

The mores of the age and the handling of the sexual tension is exquisite. This author does more with a restrained kiss than some do with a "full monty."

The characters are true to their era and even the antagonists have some depth. This is the first of the series I have read, but I see that the "bad" brother has a story of his own, and I would love to read it!

The plot is intricate enough that you could almost forget this is a romance. It's not your typical fare. Well done!
on July 1, 2013
Usually don't read historicals but got this free & decided to give it a try...so glad I did! Right from the beginning the chemistry was there between the main characters & the story never let up till the end that left me searching for the next installment of this series. & surprisingly pretty clean for a historical romance! Can't wait for more!!
on September 2, 2014
It is not too difficult to tell that Catherine Kean enjoys tales of heroic knights and stubborn damsels. Quickly drawn into the storyline, able to sympathize with the plight of each character, I was anxious to see how each would unfold.

A most delightful series, with each book serving to set the stage for the next ……
[1] A Knight’s Vengeance (Geoffrey de Lanceau and Lady Elizabeth Brackendale)
[2] A Knight’s Reward (Dominic de Terre, a knight loyal to Geoffrey de Lanceau, and Gisela Anne Balewyne, former lover)
[3] A Knight’s Temptation (Aldwin Treynarde, a knight-to-be loyal to Geoffrey de Lanceau, and Lady Leona Ransley, whom he knew as a child)
[4] A Knight’s Persuasion (Edouard de Lanceau, son of Moydenshire's great Lord Geoffrey de Lanceau, and Lady Juliana de Greyne, to whom he was once almost betrothed)

Michele Doucette, Amazon Author
on May 26, 2017
Really enjoyed this book. How much they had to go through to prove their love for one another. Julianna was wonderful person to raise another women,s baby. Edmound was very brave taking on a new wife and a baby at the same time.Really a good read. Thanks Diane DeMoulin
on June 10, 2013
What could have been a really good story of medieval intrigue was ruined by excessive padding and frustrating, repetitiveness. The author, Catherine Kean introduced an intriguing villainess, Veronique. However, the author so muddied the story with the feint and parry, back and forth between the main characters Edouard and Julianna, that I began to root for her rather than the main characters. It was one scene after another of 'she loves me, she loves me not; I want to kiss her, but I must not.' I must have read that scene in all if its not-terribly-original iterations a dozen or more times throughout. It just got old, boring and aggravating after the first 4 or 5 times.

The only reason that this gets 3 instead of 1 star is because of the villainess and her son Tye; they were reasonably intriguing. I understand that there is going to be another book in the Knight's series that will focus on Tye's story. If I can steel myself to wade through the author's propensity for padding her stories I might read it.
on February 23, 2017
I purchased this book only to find I have read it before. I don't know if it was included in a bundle at one time or if I read it through B&N years ago before switching to Amazon.

I do remember an exciting tale with an instant attraction between the Hero and Heroine but a jovial bet between the Hero and his friend ruin his chances of getting that first kiss. It's a love story that takes the entire book to bloom with several obstacles for them to overcome before finally being together.

I only gave it 4 starts because it took so long for them to be together I wondered if it would ever come about. Otherwise, a great story with much adventure and turmoil that will keep you turning the pages.
on February 13, 2017
Oh wow, I loved this book. I am so so happy to have discovered this author through my love of Katherine Le Veque! I look so forward to now going back and reading this series from the first one! I also am anticipating Dance of Desire ( just wish it was a kindle unlimited). Dear Ms.Kean continue doing what you do best!!!! Writing these great historical novels! I am right there with you!
on May 29, 2017
You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself.I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
on March 3, 2014
I couldn't put this book down! You'll read about Geoffrey de Lanceau young son Edouard. His father has suggested that he should marry and is at a keep to meet Juliana. Edouard take a different approach to gain the lovely Juliana's attention.... I don't think throwing the woman into a well was a good idea!!!!
I can't wait to read number 5 in this series.