Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on November 15, 2016
The book does well to compress several well told stories of King Arthur in one book and at a level the kids can understand. Because of the kind of stories it tells I would recommended this book for children 8 and older. However the book does well in capturing good character and keeping your word, being brave in hard times and having honor.
on May 21, 2014
The legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table has been around for generations, and this version lives up to the reputation of the classics. Perfectly suited to the 9-12 target audience (yet well-written enough to interest adult readers), this chapter book spans the life of Arthur, hits on the most popular legends, delighting young readers who love fantasy and action. Great reinforcement of choosing honesty, loyalty and kindness over deceit, selfishness and cruelty by juxtaposing the honorable Knights against several misguided characters who bring about their own eventual defeat.
on January 29, 2017
My 6 yr old son loves the book and it was a cheap buy. I tell him some of it's not written as we'd write it but that it's a story about a long time ago so they spoke differently and thus are writing differently. Anything that helps my kid practice reading and expands his vocabulary I'm game for. Parents and teachers can fine tune grammar skills.
on April 7, 2017
My 3rd son loved the story. It was easily read independently. It was recommended by Pandia Press Ancients level 1.
on May 9, 2017
Bought this for a school reading for my 8 year old. It served it's purpose and was easy to follow
on September 28, 2015
My daughter needed this book for school so rather than heading to the library, I figure I'd buy it for her. I remember reading the full version when I was younger and enjoyed it very much. Though I'm not a huge fan of adapted novels this one was well done. She's looking forward to reading the full book now, but this book did well for the school assignments we needed it for.
Thanks!
-Julie
on November 13, 2015
Bought this to introduce my grandson to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. He wanted to be a Knight for Halloween and did not know what that was. He decided after we read the book to be King Arthur. He enjoyed the book and got a great deal of info on the King Arthur and the Knights.
on May 1, 2015
My son enjoyed it. He's eight. I thought the sentences were a bit too consistent in their shortness, and there was way too much use of the word "suddenly", which is a pet peeve of mine. But for a new reader, it probably works just fine.
on February 6, 2016
This is a great intro to the legend of Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. My granddaughter is seven years old and thoroughly enjoyed reading along with me.
on July 2, 2016
As other reviewers have said, the grammar incredibly bad, but my son did enjoy hearing me read it aloud.