Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 268 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 290 reviews
on December 10, 2011
This is a cheaper version of a cheap beanie that everybody seems to sell. I got a great version last year from Gravity Trading. It was just as pictured. Lost it. Bought another this year. Went for a cheaper price from Private Island. Big mistake Not the same quality. Thinner material. Smaller size than a standard beanie. Black bandlike piece is lower where visor is (unlike product picture). Not level and kinda rolling back on itself. I've had the pictured version of this beanie. This isn't it. Paid a higher shipping price than actual product. Makes it pointless to send back.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2016
I bought three of these in total. I still own one of them, I can't find it at the moment or I'd take a picture of it, but except for the obvious shape of my head, you wouldn't know I didn't just take it out of the package yesterday. It's in amazing condition, and so are the other two (which were gifts) so I am really impressed with the quality.

They fit a little differently than most hats like this that I've tried, but that works for me because I really hate having the beanie on my forehead and this allows me to put it however I want it on my head and it stays. Some days I pull it tight, and some days I wear it really slouched. Either way it's great, versatile, and I would buy again and again!
on January 25, 2012
The quality of the material is very bad, like a cheap rag dyed black.
I have a small head (flexfit S-M) and this beanie will not stretch over even the top of my ears.

If you have a child-sized head and are looking for the worst beanie in the world, this is it!
on December 14, 2013
Oddly enough, it was reviews that caused me to buy this $6 item, reviews of more expensive hats that were just as bad as this one.
This is an OK hat, like you'd get at W@lmart. Mildly itchy synthetic yarn, kinda badly sewn and shapeless. When I first put it on and pull it down tight, it looks fine. Skull fitting and badass. I could be ready to appear on a reality show as the biker character. Within minutes it has pulled back up to lumpy and distorted, goofy looking like Radar O'Reilly on M*A*S*H. Since I bought it to walk my dog in the arroyo behind my house, appearance doesn't matter. On the plus side, my 90 pound German Shepherd chewed it lovingly for a night because it smells like me and it survived. The brim material is some kind of hard plastic that holds it's shape even with multiple dog tooth perforations.
It cost $6 with shipping. It keeps my ears warm down to about 20º F (That's a scary -10º to most of the world.) The brim keeps the sun out of my eyes. Shipping was fast.
on November 29, 2011
The beanie I got was not the same as the one pictured. It had a 1/2 inch cuff above the visor not the one pictured. I purchased this visor at a cost of $9.34 to my door including tax and shipping from Gravity Trading. The shipping was fast and the item actually came early. As with most people I was concerned about the size. My head is on the large side of average and this beanie fits me a little snug, but will no doubt stretch out the little I need it to with only a couple of wears. The knitting is what I expected in a low end beanie. Its the same quality as you would find at any discount department store on a cheap rack or shelf. I didn't notice any production flaws on the item I received. I don't think this item would survive several washings, but its not so thin and cheap that its embarrassing to wear. For the price it can be replaced as soon as it starts to look nappy. I must say that for less than $10, I was able to get a product that is acceptable for the price paid. The price is right for someone wanting to experiment with this look. I would have liked to give this item 3.5 stars.
on September 17, 2011
The hat arrived promptly, only four days after ordering it. It came in a Zip-Loc bag, and was in wearable condition straight out of the bag - it had no undesirable smell and was immaculately clean.

The hat itself is extremely comfortable - it is very easy to put on and stretchy. It fits even my abnormally large head comfortably without feeling tight. The visor is just the right size to serve its purpose without looking like a baseball cap. The cuff around the visor can be folded down to cover more of the head, though the hat already covers all fantastically. It is just warm enough to do the job, but not so warm that you'll be especially hot after an extended wearing. It also doesn't seem to cause as much hat-head as other hats do.

For the incredibly low price I got it at, this is an amazing product and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable, high-quality winter hat.
on January 12, 2012
on December 8, 2013
I picked up this hat on sale. But like it so much that I would have purchased it at full price. Very comfortable fit and material. The design is awesome.

1) You get a brim which I very much like in hats. One thing I never liked about knit caps is there is no feel of front and back. I am one of those who do like that feel. It gives shape to the cap. I do appreciate the sun protection of a brim.
2) There is roll down ear protection. Most of the time I don't cover my ears. But when out and about and it is super cold, I appreciate the ability to cover them.

This is a great cap for a colder time of year. Other than feeling like Radar O'Reilly from MASH (Which is why I prefer black over green), I think it is quite stylish.
on December 21, 2010
Well, it's a knit cap. I think we've all seen at least one knit cap in our lives so there isn't much to report. I work in the field as an Appraiser and live in Texas so during our few weeks of winter (sorry, those of you in the frozen tundra of the North) I need something to protect my ears but think a standard knit cap provides too casual an appearance. I'm not quite old enough to get away with a fedora and not Texan enough to pull off a Stetson. Anyway, this visor cap fits the bill - warm ears but with a little more flare. It seems well made in that it hasn't fallen apart or turned my hair green, and the fabric is softer than the torture device called a watch cap which I had to wear in the Navy. As one reviewer wrote upon first putting it on two little horn-looking things appear on top but by moving it around a bit I'm able to smooth out the crown and it looks OK. The last thing I want to do is go into a store and start trying on caps, so ordering online is great and the price seemed like a deal to me. Amazon and little cap, my relatively warm ears thank you. Oh, it's black in color, not navy blue.
VINE VOICEon April 21, 2010
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas and he loves it. It is the right fit, and the bill is the right size for him. It fits him very snug. He wears it everywhere, he even falls asleep in it. He finds it very comfortable. The only thing I have noticed is that is coming apart a bit on the edge of the bill, but I did wash it once and that might be why. It did great in the washer and dryer. I think the bill insides is made from plastic and it is really durable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question