KnitIQ Blocking Mats for Knitting – Extra Thick Blocking Boards with Grids with 30 T-pins and Storage Bag for Needlework or Crochet - Pack of 9
|Sale:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$15.00 (30%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- ASSEMBLE INTO MANY DIFFERENT SIZES AND SHAPES. The interlocking boards are simple to put together and stay firmly in place, to fit your individual project.
- GRID LINES FOR PRECISE BLOCKING. Grid markings allow you to align the sides of your project and block squarely for an accurate, professional finish.
- MADE FROM THICK, DENSE FOAM. This durable, light material is 0.75” thick. It keeps your knitting, crochet or lace work taut and allows pin holes to heal each time which means your mats will last for years to come.
- INCLUDES STORAGE BAG AND T-PINS. Each KnitIQ blocking set comes with a reusable storage bag with handle for easy packing of all 9 mats to save you space, as well as a pack of 30 pins with smooth T-bar head for ease of use.
- EXCLUSIVE TO AMAZON. A new all-in-one kit designed in partnership with experts, the KnitIQ blocking set is a best in class solution that will allow you to produce professional projects every time.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
KnitIQ blocking set is a best in class solution that helps you deliver professional standard results every time.
- Mats, 12.6” x 12.6” x 0.75” or 31.9cm x 31.9cm x 1.9cm.
- T-Pins, 1.5” or 3.8cm.
- Storage case, 14”” x 14”” x 7.7”” or 36cm x 36cm x 19.5cm.
6 reasons you’ll LOVE your KnitIQ mats
- KnitIQ boards are twice as thick as many other brands which means your project will be held tightly in place giving you a more accurate, professional finish.
- 30 T-pins are included as part of the set so you’re ready to go right out of the box.
- The storage pack saves you space, keeps mats in good condition and provides you with a neat packing solution.
- Grid lines allow you to precisely block your work so you end up with an expert finish every time.
- KnitIQ mats are made from durable dense foam that means your mats will last.
- Step by step instructions are included in each pack to guide you through the blocking process for perfect results.
What you get at a glance
- 9 extra thick foam block boards.
- Grid markings.
- BONUS 1 PVC reusable storage case with easy open zip.
- BONUS 1 box of 30 nickel plated steel constructed T-pins.
- Step-by-step instructions.
Click the 'Add to Cart' button NOW and experience the professional finish that will stand your work apart from the rest.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
1) These don't stink up the house or my project. You can read reviews about the smell of several of the less expensive mats, but here is one thing you don't want to find out in person: Hair fibers (wool, alpaca, yak, camel hair, etc.) absorb and retain odors to a much greater degree than other fibers, and you are much more limited in what you can do about it afterward.
2) THE GRIDLINES MATCH UP! In the first set of mats I bought (another brand), the gridlines do not match up after they are snapped together. I just got through blocking a severely warped kerchief. It was not warped from poor technique, but because every single feature of that crochet pattern resulted in warping. It was crocheted on the bias, with alternate rows being slipstitches only, so that all structure-building rows were worked the same direction. Normally, when you work back and forth, the slight slant in one direction in one row is canceled by the slant in the opposite direction of the next row. It was essentiall that I be able line up rows with lines on both sides of the work. Without that feature, it would have been far more difficult to block correctly. If the lines don't match up from block to block, you can use lines only for items less than 12 inches at the widest point. No other mat I looked at had this feature, and more than a few reviewers were truly annoyed by this.
3) The ink does not come off when you steam the item.
4) These are thicker. I did not consider that a factor in my decision, but afterward, I realized that it is a worthwhile feature. The warped kerchief had to be stretched hard. (Use blocking wires to prevent a spiderweb effect when blocking hard.) If the mats had not been thick, the T-pins would not have been secure enough to withstand the strain.
5) They come with zippered vinyl storage cases. Not having them would not be a deal breaker, but they are nice to have.
6) They come with T-pins and tape measure included. Again, not a deal breaker, but it was nice to have to them in a little box right there in the vinyl storage bag. There are enough pins for blocking with wires, but not likely enough if you are pinning out an item directly.
And the kerchief? It blocked beautifully, with gorgeous drape. (I had watched a finishing class which showed how fluidly the blocked vest front draped in comparison with the unblocked front, but seeing how incredible the change was in person was an eye-opener.) Because I started with bags, dishcloths, and similar items, blocking was not a priority until now.
Overall, I am happy with the quality of this kit!
I bought two packs (18 blocks) and they arrived super quickly.
For years, I'd been using an ancient folding cardboard cutting mat, and had convinced myself that was good enough... but it was usually way too wide, and sometimes too short, and pins wouldn't always stay put. These blocking mats are definitely worth it.
Unanticipated benefit: you can block in 3-D if you're working in the round!