Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Kids' Knitted Sweaters & More  (Leisure Arts #4399)

on March 18, 2017
Lovely patterns but it should be noted on the cover that these sweaters are knit from the top down and most use circular needles. I don't like knit from the top down and can't use circular needles effectively. Great book but just doesn't meet my needs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2011
I was thrilled to find a copy of this book. I was purhcasing yarns when I left my original copy behind. It is rich with patterns for projects for children. They are varied, colorful and instructions are well-written. My grandaughters love the book, too. Just yesterday my 3 1/2 yr. old grandaughter was showing the book to her "baby" (baby doll) asking her which one she'd like to have. The other grandaughter wants to know when her "Red Riding Hood" (red poncho) will be ready.
on July 1, 2014
I've knitted several items for my granddaughter from this book. I love the designs, some of which are unusual without being impractical. I found the instructions I used to be clear and accurate. The illustrations are not only delightful to look at but helpful in constructing the garments. An ideal knitting book!
on May 13, 2010
The sweaters are knit in one piece with Almost zero sewing (except an Arm seam here or there) and the designs are very appropriate for children. I'm working on the la petite Chanel sweater now which is a fancier design to give my daughter a "fancy Nancy" type sweater, but when I'm done I plan to do some of the "everyday" type designs. I like so many of the patterns that I've already bought yarn for 4 of them!

Don't forget to check the designer's website for errata. There are 3 or 4 of them.
on October 29, 2011
I love this book! I've found the patterns to be so easy to follow. I like the fact that there's minimal sewing. I have some knitting experience, not a pro by any means. If someone wants to try making kids sweaters I would recommend this book as a great starting point. I've made Sophia's Ridged Cardigan. I've started The Cameron and plan to make Sam's Delight. Knitting sweaters for my grandchildren using the patterns in this book has become a pleasure.
on November 13, 2013
There are lots of cute styles in this book, and they may be made in multiple sizes. I'm almost finished with the first sweater for one of my granddaughters, and I plan to make s number of the other styles. I tried the "top-down" method for the first time, and I like it very much!
on February 4, 2014
I had hoped for more variation in style as well as yarn weight. I have it three stars instead of two only because I felt most people might tend to want bulkier weights. I'm sorry to say this little book is mediocre at best with little style and no pizzazz.
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2006
There are so many designs in here and they are done for the sewing allergic folks like me. If you love to make kids'sweaters but hate sewing them up, this is the book you need. Even if you love the sewing you will find designs in here you want to make. There are different sorts of designs like the little Chanel jacket and the sweater like a jeans jacket. This book is well worth its price.
on March 18, 2015
Many nice patterns. My first time Knitting in the round and I was very pleased with the results. Most Patterns are in the round and are good for first timers
on March 28, 2013
I first bought this book as a gift for someone who loves to knit. After looking through the patterns I decided I would like one for myself. Although I haven't knitted anything yet I do plan on trying some of them since they look cute and easy to knit.