Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Knitting For Dummies Paperback – November 4, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Cast on, knit in the round, measure the gauge of a knitted piece, and more
- Master techniques with step-by-step instruction
- Practice your skills on projects and patterns included in the book
View step-by-step knitting demonstrations online
Create unique, hand-knitted hats, scarves, sweaters, and more!
Want to learn how to knit? This hands-on, friendly guide shows you how to create beautiful, timeless pieces, whether you're just picking up needles for the first time or a seasoned veteran looking for more advanced patterns. From scarves and sweaters to bags, pillows, and more, you'll find lots of projects for practicing and perfecting your knitting skills. Plus, you get online access to step-by-step videos demonstrating knitting techniques and how-to tips to create projects in the book.
- Knitting 101 — find out how to choose yarn and needles, read knitting pattern instructions and charts, and measure gauge
- Ready, set, knit! — learn how to cast on, knit and purl, use basic stitches, make increases and decreases, and knit in the round
- Take it to the next level — discover how to add interest with stripes, knit with lace, master Fair Isle and intarsia techniques, and have some fun with fulling and felting
- Don't sweat(er) it! — get the know-how to make sweaters, from blocking and assembling your pieces to adding finishing touches like neckbands, edging, buttonholes, and more
Online companion videos include: Demonstrations of stitch patterns and knitting techniques from the book as well as video instructions for two knitting projects
Open the book and find:
- Access to step-by-step instructional videos online
- How to read pattern instructions and charts
- Trendy knitting patterns
- Ways to experiment with lace, Fair Isle, and intarsia knitting
- A detailed guide to knitting your first sweater
- Instructions on how to fix common mistakes
- Tips for relaxing stiff shoulders and fingers
About the Author
Pam Allen is a designer whose knitting patterns have appeared in such publications as Interweave Knits and Twist Collective.
Shannon Okey, knitting author and blogger, can be found at knitgrrl.com.
Tracy L. Barr is a professional writer and editor. Marlaina "Marly" Bird, a knitting instructor and Creative Director at Bijou Basin Ranch, teaches at national wool festivals and expos as well as online at Craftsy.com.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I have used the "For Dummies" books to learn how to do a variety of things - from Photoshop Elements to creating Websites. So, I thought that "Knitting for Dummies" would be just the thing I needed to learn how to improve my knitting skills and create the objects I wanted.
The book does just that. It instructs with words and images and is easily understandable. A plus is the many interesting patterns at the back of this guide. I highly recommend this for both the new and highly experienced knitter. One can always learn something new...and again, the patterns are awesome.