Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on November 23, 2012
...due in no small part to this book. I first purchased an earlier edition of "Knock 'em Dead" while I was a senior in college. When it was time for a career shift 6.5 years later I purchased this edition. Professionally, I've followed the advice within throughout. Never have I been unemployed. If there is a stronger recommendation I can give to purchase this book, I don't know of it.

To get the most out of this book (i.e., a job) you'll need "Knock 'em Dead: Resumes" and "Knock 'em Dead:
Cover Letters" too. Not including all three of these books in one tome is a shameless ploy to get you to spend more, -- but you'll make up the cost of all three with your new job's first paycheck.
on September 1, 2011
This book isn't for figuring out which career is right for you; it's for getting a job in the career you've chosen. Knock 'em Dead provides an in-depth guide to the job search with resources for recent grads and seasoned professionals alike. Whether you're trying to get an interview, lock down an offer, negotiate the best deal, or position yourself to move up at your current company, there is invaluable information here for you. I highly recommend this book.
on January 30, 2011
I first purchased "Knock Em Dead" in 1995 after graduating from college. I used it faithfully and landed nearly every job that I interviewed for as a result. I found myself in the job market again this year, so I updated to the 2011 version and found it to be just as helpful. I interviewed for a job recently and am still in the running. I've also used some of the networking techniques described, which has also been fortuitous. This book is money well spent.
on February 27, 2012
This book is amazing!!! I have to read it for a job search class I am taking at school and I'm so glad that I did. So far I've recommended this book to all my friends who are job searching and I now have a new and improved resume and cover letter! Cover letters have never been my strong suite and now I know what to write and it actually sounds decent. I would recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a new job or to be promoted within their company to a better one.
on February 20, 2015
I have interviewed for 5 jobs in my lifetime and have been offered 4 of them. It is due to this book.
on August 10, 2013
Great resource for school and worth keeping for reference when taking other courses. I think it will get more use as time goes on.
on July 31, 2011
This book systematically breaks down the job hunting process. By using its many tips and processes, I have learned many of the strategies and tricks to job searching and preparing for the interviews.
on February 1, 2011
I can't believe I didn't review this book when I first bought it. Guess I was too busy job searching. The book offered many good tips for job searching and which things bring you to the forefront of the applicants.
on February 15, 2011
This book offers some very good and valuable information. I bought it to brush up on my interview skills. I haven't had the opportunity to use those skills yet. But I'm hopeful.
on October 24, 2010
We bought this book for our daughter on recommendation from our son. He's using it in his senior year as one of his texts. Great for resume revamping, interviewing and generally having an edge. As an employer, my husband has read it and used it in his business dealings also.