Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on October 24, 2015
I hate this book but the kids LOVE it. I am so sick of saying "who's there" in the car that I'm going to scream. But you know what... THE KIDS LOVE IT!!! I have a third grader who reads them out loud in the car and a kindergartener who repeats them off the top of her head if she can remember them. The only bad thing is that there are some old timey names that the kids have never heard before so that makes the jokes not funny to me. BUT THEY DON'T CARE!!! Seriously, the kids do not care if the names are obscure. They still enjoy the book and it's going to make me get into a car accident.
120 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on October 21, 2017
My four year old grandson LOVES knock-knock jokes and needed some new material. Some of these are not funny (are any knock-knock jokes?) but some of sort of stupid. However, some are clever and most of all my grandson loved getting the book and learning how to read a few of them. I'm sure his parents put it away after my visit though because they didn't love me encouraging his continued telling of these jokes :) Pay back is so sweet!
5 people found this helpful
on July 19, 2016
I bought "Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliot" for my husband for Father's Day. My daughter loves to make up jokes and they always do knock knock jokes together. This book has so many jokes! All fun and all appropriate for all ages. My daughter is five and some of the jokes she doesn't quite understand, but she still laughs. It is a great bonding book for families!
6 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2016
I ordered this book for my grandson, who has Autism and ADHD. Jokes are very difficult for him to understand. He takes things literally. After hearing about why the chicken crossed the road and one other knock knock joke over and over again, sometimes correctly and many times not, I thought he would like this book. Or maybe that I would like the book for him. I had been looking for a book like this, so when I saw it, I ordered it to give him Christmas. I like it. It was easy to order through Amazon Prime. The price was great and shipping was fast and free.
It is a great book for kids or anyone who likes knock knock jokes.
3 people found this helpful
on June 24, 2016
Kids really don't get knock-knock jokes like these, based on puns. At least not in the tender years 5-7 when they are just building their vocabularies. I'm guessing 9-10 yr olds might be ready, perhaps later, if they have the odd gene for word play. Furthermore, even when they do get them, they might not think them good jokes. Be ready to dodge the tomatoes and banana peals. Or a thrown book.
2 people found this helpful
on July 26, 2016
My 8 yr. old finds some humor in about 1/4 of the jokes in here. On the other hand, within that 1/4, there are some knee slappers and ticklers, enough to make us belly laugh, from time to time. I say the book is appropriate for youngsters say from 7 on upwards. I find it to be at least okay. I s'pose I recommend. It IS a good coffee table book if you like to at least smile all the time. Being a Prime member, this book did arrive within two days from ordering and it was in perfect condition.
on June 23, 2016
My son won't stop! This could be construed as annoying, but he's 8 and it tells me that this is a great book for his age kid. He can read the jokes and they are pretty good actually! I bought this for a gift and he wants to keep it! Good find!
3 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2016
Great for little readers. Gives them a chance to "be funny" while exercising their reading skills. May need help with some words, but mostly easy for 1st or 2nd grade reading levels. Jokes are "cute" but some need explanation to the reader. Made a trip across Pennsylvania enjoyable, listening to little laughter at the "silliest" jokes.....Keep them young, because eventually they'll grow up😔
on January 6, 2015
Why 'knot', knock-knock your way into encouraging your early readers into the fun of reading and the retelling of jokes. I bought 2 Books of jokes for this purpose. 4 grandsons, ages 8-3 with a busy Dad...they are having fun picking this Joke book up every now and then to compile their repertoire of jokes. They are to recall and recite silly but funny knock-knock jokes. This is a simple yet well bound paper back with a large enough font for me. My family tucks this book into the car for travel or on a side table for browsing. Recommended! My children love to laugh and find humor in the simplest of things...Knock! Knock!
on February 15, 2018
My 5 year old is all about knock knock jokes. She is learning to read, so mostly someone has to read these to her, but she memorizes them and loves it. Great gift for the tiny jokster in your life.