Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on June 22, 2012
I actually made money in Las Vegas after reading this book! Did I get rich..NO, but making a few hundred dollars made me feel like a million bucks! Card counting is easy especially if you go to the "beginners" tables they have at some casinos where the dealers don't make small talk to try and distract you while you are playing. You can beat the house sometimes and it is just plain fun to learn a system and use it effectively. The real key is to know when to quite and don't spend more than 45 minutes at a table or you start to get fatigued from the concentration required to do this.
on May 25, 2013
I'm an advantage player who used Hi-Lo for many years, yet I switched to the KO count as recommended in this book a few years ago because of its simplicity and power. If you are looking for the easiest way to count cards yet want an advantage at the tables, I highly recommend this book. As others have stated here, I agree that the writing style and the methods that the authors use to "teach the logic" of the material could be improved, nevertheless the information is accurate. This book will pay for itself many times over if you are new to counting yet take the time read it, understand it, and play in the way prescribed, rather than as a gambler. Good cards!
on March 29, 2016
Excellent book!
on July 1, 2015
Easiest way to get an advantage at a casino game without breaking the law.
on June 8, 2011
From never having played blackjack before, I learned basic strategy and started applying it on the $5 tables. After achieving a level of comfort with basic strategy, I was eager for a little more action and bought this book. I applied the basic concept before really learning the system and walked away with a big win the first time. So I was hooked in and learned the complete system. And moved up to larger bets. Within six months of starting to play just basic strategy, I was kicked out of a casino for "having play that was too strong." A pit boss, flanked by two security guards, told me after calling me to step away from the table, "You are not permitted to play table games here any longer. Get your chips from the table. These guards will escort you to the cashier."... Can I tell you, I am a soccer mom. I laughed to myself on my way out of the casino, thinking that I had just been rewarded a priceless conversation piece and a good reason to stay out of that smoky environment and pursue finer things. Here several years later now, I can report that I have amused numerous friends and acquaintances and groups of strangers describing that scene. And answering their subsequent questions. The story value alone was well worth the price of the book!!... Truth is, as you will learn if you dig very deep into advantage play, it is a complete grind. Don't expect to make a fortune, but do count on increasing your skill, having a little fun and amusing your friends with the stories you can later tell them.
on April 25, 2017
One of the best Blackjack books I've read and Im seeing results just after 3 weeks of practice! Highly recommend.
on October 3, 2015
Great book. If you want to learn how to get an advantage playing blackjack at a casino this book is a must read.
on December 7, 2010
First, let me say I am not particularly interested in gambling. My interest is in developing financial trading systems, but many of the gurus of finance are reportedly enamoured with blackjack and gaming theory. I picked up this book, suggested by Amazon, to gain insight into how the system was developed and the statistics involved. I have tried to read through card counting books in the past but found them far too complicated for my limited brain. I was extremely impressed with not only the Knock Out Blackjack system but in how the authors take us through an explanation of the game, the traditional strategy, and other card counting methods in a very clear and concise way. The K-O Blackjack system is very simple to learn and implement. There book contains plenty of examples and an extensive Appendix section in the back to ensure that all the points are grasped completely by readers. The K-O system is all about identifying the times when the player does or does not have a statistical advantage; loading up on bets when there is a higher probability of success and lowering betting or exiting a game when the odds are not in the player's favor. I was riveted to this excellent book and immediately saw ways to incorporate its principles of how to identify favorable conditions and its money-management strategies to my own investment models. But aside from my alternative interest, the K-O Blackjack system is surely the easiest system for anyone interested in learning a great card counting system to use to put the odds back in their favor in the casinos.
on July 19, 2001
Some posters have stated that this book is poorly written; a few charts is all you need. I agree that this book is not overly entertaining. If you want entertainment and edge of your seat suspense go somewhere else. If you want to learn to count using one of the easiest systems I have seen, then this book is for you. I am familiar with Omega II and Hi Opt which are very powerful (and complex) systems. KO is not quite as powerful as Hi Opt and Omega in FLAWLESS play. For most players though, achieving flawless play will be much easier with KO. That fact alone makes up for the slight power deficit comparison. This is a solid, easy to learn system that will give the player an edge over the house. I strongly recommend this book for players looking to take their play to the next level.
on October 3, 2016
Wonderful book! Good read! I've read this book a bunch of times and will again!