- File Size: 470 KB
- Print Length: 174 pages
- Publisher: Plum Bay Publishing, LLC (June 6, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 9, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071LGGLJF
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,051,286 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Do You Know What a Book Publicist Does?: A Guide for Creating Your Own Campaigns Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The promotion or sale of any book is tied to key connections and relationships—for example to the media. Book publicists like Claire McKinney have been building these relationships for years. Every author needs to understand their role in publishing. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A BOOK PUBLICIST DOES? fills a critical role in this process with pointed insights throughout.
McKinney answers common author questions like what is a press release and what is a book launch and the best time to launch a book? The answers are packed with her years of experience in such tasks.
In the section on Reaching the Media, McKinney writes, “I’ve found that “fear” is the one thing that holds most people back from reaching out and from developing good pitches. Of course, you don’t want to be insulting, use the words “extraordinary” or “dynamic” just to create hype doesn’t help either. If you are honest about your intentions and what you are looking for, you are more likely to get a response. It takes extra effort, but that is also how you will build a relationship with the contact that could benefit another book, or could enrich your experience in another way. If you don’t ask, you don’t get. I’m sure you know that expression. If you get a snappy response, chalk it up to a bad day. What is the worst that can happen?” (Page 100-101)
Every book author can profit from the details in DO YOU KNOW WHAT A BOOK PUBLICIST DOES?—whether it is your first book or your 50th book. I highly recommend it.
W. Terry Whalin is an editor and the author of more than 60 books including his latest Billy Graham: A Biography of America's Greatest Evangelist
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Industries > Media & Communications
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Business & Money > Skills > Communications
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Media & Communications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books