Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $19.55 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $24.68 shipping
The Knowledge Management Fieldbook Hardcover – October 25, 1999
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- A practical, real-world KM framework from two of the world's leading consultants.
- Covers the entire KM lifecycle: information gathering, knowledge sharing, metrics, and more.
- Assess your KM strengths and weaknesses with the authors' exclusive Knowledge Management Diagnostic!
The Knowledge Management Fieldbook is the hands-on guide for every manager who wants to implement knowledge management and reap the full rewards. Presented within a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use framework, it offers techniques to streamline every stage of the knowledge management deployment process, from information gathering to knowledge sharing, to measuring the organization's knowledge assets, and beyond.
The book contains case studies based on the authors' original interviews with more than 50 world-class organizations; as well as a structured process for thinking about knowledge management, designed to help managers build a detailed action agenda. The authors' Knowledge Management Diagnostic is an invaluable tool for identifying organizational knowledge strengths and weaknesses; the book also contains extensive practical exercises and action agendas for transforming KM from theory into practical competitive advantage.
For every manager and strategist concerned with generating organizational knowledge and using it more effectively.
About the Author
Wendi R. Bukowitz and Ruth L. Williams are recognized leaders in the field of knowledge management. They founded The Next Generation Research Group at Arthur Andersen, conducting pioneering research on how knowledge management affects leadership, innovation, collaboration, performance measurement, and organizational structure. Their research partners included such leading organizations as Motorola, Shell Oil, The Mutual Group, and The Dow Chemical Company. They are now Directors at PriceWaterhouseCoopers' Intellectual Asset Management practice.
- Hardcover : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0273638823
- ISBN-13 : 978-0273638827
- Dimensions : 6 x 1 x 9 inches
- Item Weight : 1.37 pounds
- Publisher : Financial Times/Prentice Hall (October 25, 1999)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,722,547 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What I will say is this:
1. The book is comprehensive
2. The authors REALLY know what they're talking about
3. The book is packed with spot-on insights and excellent advice
4. There are a wealth of checklists that will help you to focus on what really matters
5. The book is well written (easy to read without being simplistic or patronising)
6. The authors REALLY know what they're talking about. And yes, I KNOW I said that already - But it is SO imnportant, and so rare!
At the time that I read this book I was working on a KM project for a subsidiary of one of the major comms companys in the UK. They chose to ignore the advice these authors provide, and today they're just one more company stuck on the "Oh we'd rather downsize than develop some genuine expertise" road to oblivion.
It is my perception that if they'd followed the advice in this book they would have had fewer layoffs and would be a lot more financially successful, today.
But they didn't, they didn't - and they aren't!.
You want to be amongst the IT winners? Read and use the information in this book.
You want to be a loser? Just ignore this book.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE.
This book is geared toward people with no prior interest in knowledge management, but also contains useful information for those who have been in the field since its inception.