Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on November 14, 2003
Ever since Mr. Parrish and his staff "adopted" a 5th grade class at Hester elementary school, my daughter Pearl, one of those 5th graders, has had a white board with a list of goals in her room. As I'd walk in and out of her room, year after year, the list would morph--checkmarks would appear, items would disappear, and interesting new items would appear. This pattern was steadfast as the tide. I was so proud when Mr. Parrish asked Pearl to speak at one of his company's morning meetings. She talked about the "Better World" theory--an idea Mr. Parrish and his staff had shared with Pearl's class. Part of the concept is that one should not blame others for their predicaments, and they should take responsibility for improving their own lives. Just this one concept alone can be life-transforming. But in "If I'd Known Then What I Know Now," Mr. Parrish shares MANY tips that can help you better your life NOW. One irony of this book may be this: it is divided into lessons for different age groups (for example, 7 to 15, 16 to 25, 26 to 40 and so on). It could be hard to get your 17 year old to sit down and read the section of the book that pertains to them, because at that age, they might think they do not need any advice. Yet if they would be open to reading and internalizing the advice, their whole future could be happier!!! I thank Mr. Parrish for sharing goal setting tips with Pearl that have enabled her to chart her life's course. Pearl is only 19, and she's already been to Paris, Amsterdam, Venice, New York, Riverside, Omaha, and had her own TV show! I used to love reading positive-thinking books when I was young, and this book reminded me of those days when all seemed possible. I realized after reading his book that all is STILL possible. Since reading Mr. Parrish's book, I got reacquainted with long lost friends, I've improved at keeping commitments (I want my word to be my "bond"), and I'm reviving some goals I set aside a long time ago. Thanks, Mr. Parrish! -- Debbie Wible (11/17/3)
on May 14, 2010
Wish I had this book when I was growing up. It would have given the right direction/guidance to my life, which I lacked due to absentee father. He has listed quite a few insightful success/happy life factors which I wish I had known and practiced while growing up. It is the best attitude/behaviourial bible for young and old that I found. Plan to get copies for my kids.
on November 30, 2003
Here is another excellent life guide book you may enjoy!
Life's Greatest Lesson: 20 Things That Matter by Hal Urban
[...]
This is an Owner's Manual for a Happy and Successful Life!!!,

Its timeless message on character education should be read by every child, parent and teacher. It is sure to become a classic.
I have given away at least five copies to family and friends!
It was awarded Best Inspirational Book of the Year 2000 by Writer's Digest Magazine.
I have donated a few select books that have been added to my local Public Library. This is by far the best inspirational and motivational book I have read so far. It contains the wisdom of the ages and essential life truths.
A few of the books I have donated are: HOW TO SUCCEED IN LIFE: Ideas and Principles They Don't Teach in School by Ned Grossman, MASTER SUCCESS: Create a Life of Purpose, Passion, Peace and Prosperity by Bill FitzPatrick, a local author from Natick, MA, FREEDOM FROM FEAR: Learn How to Live Life to the Fullest by Mark Matteson, The story of one man's discovery of simple truths that lead to wealth, joy and peace of mind, and I DARE YOU By William H. Danforth.
I highly recommend Life's Greatest Lessons, as it teaches the wisdom of the ages. This book is so wonderful, that after I finished it, I went back and re-read it again. Periodically, I will reread certain chapters again. I am very select in what I choose to donate to the library. I am donating it to the library so it can benefit the most people possible. This book on character education is a topic not normally taught in schools. It is an "owner's manual for a happy and successful life." It describes in a simple easy to understand manner, common-sense life skills that can be applied immediately to enhance and enrich anyone's life.
on July 3, 2010
I expected more from this book. A lot of the things mentioned I already knew, basically because I had already read the books he was making references to. But it has good advice for life.