BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 13, 2017
If you love Mo Willems, you will love this book. heck, if you don't know Mo Willems, you should, but, you'll still love this book. He has such a delightful way of telling a story with simple pictures. this book has photographs with cartoony pictures on top. The storyline is simple but is easily relatable for young kids (ages 2 1/2 - 5). There's some nice repetition with where they go and I think most kids and parents can relate to feeling frustrated with communicating with little guys before they can really talk. Also, the attachment to a stuffed animal or other toy that is missing is relatable. I have given this to older siblings as they get a new baby at home - sort of a more fun way to talk about toddlers.
on August 21, 2016
All the Mo Willems Pigeon books and Elephant & Piggy books are well done enough to be fun for the adults who have to read them over and over, too. (I haven't read his other book series, but intend to.)
on August 24, 2016
nothing better than elephant and piggie books! they are such a fun read. great illustrations and story! I live far far far away from my grandson and I bought him this book to help him understand what far away meant and why he wasn't seeing me all of the time like his other grandparents. I even included a copy of a map of the east coast and mapped out the roads from his house to mine. Folded it up in the page where the characters talk about the MAPPY MAPPY MAPPY. Worth buying for a little one you love!
on July 1, 2017
Everybody loves these pigeon books: the six-year-old who reads them by herself, the four-year old who loves hearing them read to him, and the 1-1/2 year-old who sits and points to the drawings while grandma reads--or paraphrases--the stories. If you love one pigeon book, you love them all. That's why I purchased the whole series for my grandchildren.
on November 17, 2013
I've been reading Elephant and Piggie books to my 6 year old for several years now, and we both love them. "We're in a Book" was the first, and we were both hooked after that. They're as much fun to read as they are for the children to listen to. "I'm a Frog" is a really strong entry. I like it more than the most recent two, "Let's Go For a Drive", and "A Big Kid Took My Ball"; Those were okay, but this one is classic.
on November 14, 2015
My son (age 9) struggles with reading, but he loves reading this book and others in the series. He loves the word bubble because it's like reading a comic book. He reads Gerald's part and I read Piggy's. The books are so funny. I don't mind reading them over-and-over with him. The artwork is simple and clean, and yet so expressive.
VINE VOICEon May 30, 2016
I cannot help but get a kick out of Gerald and Piggie, and the humor in the book was right up my ally as the two friends plan for a road trip. Mo Willems makes great use of his illustration and patch-in skills. The story is simple and hilarious, the reading level with decodable words and sight words great for young readers (yeah, I'm a teacher), and it's another great adventure of the two friends.
on October 31, 2015
How many good stories involve a Naked Mole Rat? I pair this book with the Disney song, Naked Mole Rat. I play the song while I show pictures of a real mole rat. I read both the nonfiction book and this picture book to the class- discussing features of both. Then the students complete and clothe a drawing of a naked mole rat. This is a fun lesson.
on April 19, 2017
This is absolutely one of our favorite Mo Willems Elephant & Piggie books. Our 3 year old is working on reading and she knows this book inside and out - making up her own lines as she goes. It's quite a treat to listen to her reading "I'm a Frog". We especially love the banter in the middle between Gerald and Piggie. It makes for entertaining nighttime reading, whether you are reading aloud alone or with a partner. Mo Willems has once again nailed his Elephant & Piggie series book. More, More, More we say!
on September 7, 2013
My five year-old was really resistant to learning to read until she discovered Piggie and Gerald books. They are perfect for her! They are funny, the illustrations are wonderful, and they have a lot of repetition of sight words, so they are great for beginning readers! Now instead of fighting to get her to read, she asks me, her brothers, her grandparents, and her friends if she can read the books to us!
"Let's Go for a Drive" in particular is very funny, the illustrations are funny as always, and the repetition of sight words is great. My daughter's favorites are "Should I Share My Ice Cream" and "I Will Surprise My Friend", but this book is definitely on equal footing with those!