Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 13, 2017
If you love Mo Willems, you will love this book. heck, if you don't know Mo Willems, you should, but, you'll still love this book. He has such a delightful way of telling a story with simple pictures. this book has photographs with cartoony pictures on top. The storyline is simple but is easily relatable for young kids (ages 2 1/2 - 5). There's some nice repetition with where they go and I think most kids and parents can relate to feeling frustrated with communicating with little guys before they can really talk. Also, the attachment to a stuffed animal or other toy that is missing is relatable. I have given this to older siblings as they get a new baby at home - sort of a more fun way to talk about toddlers.
3 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2014
the book is good. It's solid fun and my 3yo took to it instantly. It's also beautiful. A piece of art.

but............................

the book is made from some special type of paper. I don't know. They're soft. They're big - it's a large book, really. And they wrinkle really quickly. And then they tear.

My daughter has a ton of books. And she's very good with books. something about the size of the pages or the paper.. I don't know. It tears. I wish this was available in a library sturdy type paper. Or even hard like Curduroy is (makes for a giant book, but it lasts!).

the story is so simple. It's clearly for very young children. I wish the manufacturing part was a tiny bit more sturdy/durable.
11 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2015
This is our 1st Mo Willems book. It's a great way to show your toddler how frustration works for both parent AND child -- and the importance of clear communicating. I kid you not: we can refer to Trixie and/or her daddy mid-tantrum, and it eases the tension immediately. We've made it a point to communicate feelings from Day 1 so he could learn to label his frustrations, but this helps put a 3rd person perspective on it, so we can reference it -- and it's worked! Our kid has had a fairly intense personality from the very day he burst from my loins (completely expected, given his parents...). This book was a wonderful discovery for us!
5 people found this helpful
on November 12, 2013
My 1st grade / 6.5 year old daughter LOVES Elephant and Piggie books. They are by far her favorite, and when this one arrived in the mail, she literally screamed with joy and excitement. She rushed off to her room to read it immediately. My 9 year old was jealous, and got a turn reading it after her little sister was finished.

The little one isn't reading a lot by herself yet, but she will try harder to read the E&P books than with any other book, ever. And the great part is that she can usually figure out most of the words, and there are only a few words in each book that I will have to tell her what they are. The color coded speech boxes really help kids figure out who is speaking as well (as if the drawings don't do that well enough--they DO!). The pictures are also cute and funny, so kids get and stay engaged.

I would definitely recommend these books for kids 3-10. There is enough repetition that kids feel confident about reading it, but not so much that it feels babyish. In fact, the repetition is quite artful and I think it encourages kids to keep trying without being patronizing. If you are hoping your child will read it themselves, if they know the list of 100 sight words, or can sound out most 3-4 letter words, they will at least be able to "help" read and may be able to read the majority of the book. My 6 year old and I like to each be one of the characters (I'm usually Gerald).
27 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2016
nothing better than elephant and piggie books! they are such a fun read. great illustrations and story! I live far far far away from my grandson and I bought him this book to help him understand what far away meant and why he wasn't seeing me all of the time like his other grandparents. I even included a copy of a map of the east coast and mapped out the roads from his house to mine. Folded it up in the page where the characters talk about the MAPPY MAPPY MAPPY. Worth buying for a little one you love!
2 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2017
Good book, as is the entire Piggy and Elephant series. However, I bought this book used from Hawthorne Academic seller and was very disappointed to see pages ripped out. The quality of the book read: very good. This book does not meet that description.
review imagereview image
10 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2018
We had to read this book for a school project. Both of my kids loved this book because it is funny and well illustrated. It turns out that this book was written for his daughter based on actual events. If you read this book (and the others that Mo has written) Closely, you will find that there is more than meets the eye. The illustrations show a huge amount of emotion and there is more written between the words then at the actual words. That is what makes this book brilliant.

This is the 1st Mo Willems book that we read. We found out that the pigeon is in every book hidden somewhere.

We have now read almost all of the Mo Willems books.
on October 10, 2016
I love the Elephant and Piggie books (and so does my son)! I've been reading these books to my son since he first got "Today I Will Fly" for his first birthday. We love being theatrical in our interpretations of the characters and enjoy the Pidgeons cameo in all the books. They're great, short reads with substance and wit. "Let's Go for a Drive" is another great peak into the world of Elephant and Piggie.
One person found this helpful
on February 1, 2017
The rhythm of this book is awesome for drawing out interaction and giggles. Every time Gerald says he needs a certain item for the drive, they go through a rhythmic "drivey-drivey-drivey drive!" that repeats until the end of the book. My 2 year old loves those parts and has been participating in the chants with me. We even do it throughout he day with everyday objects.
One person found this helpful
on December 27, 2016
My preschoolers love this book, and ask for it to be read over and over again! I love the drawings against the black and white photographs, the simple language and story, and enough silliness in it to keep them engaged and reciting the story with me. I like to first read this book when we learn about emotions, because it's a great book to clearly see what emotions the characters are feeling, and a wide variety of emotions are included in the story. Now they love Knuffle Bunny Too just as much!