Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 122 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 166 reviews
on August 13, 2012
I have owned mine for a few days now. So far i consider this a value buy. I am able to surf the web effectively. I was able to download and play several games. One game failed to launch, but I think that is more an Android thing. There are several 'cons' that I can work around but you may find them deal breakers.

Cons:
Battery life is about an hour. I just keep it plugged in all the time. The power cord is short so I have to use an extension cord.

Touch screen works for swiping and single touches. It does not handle multi-touch functions well. If you want to enlarge a photo by spreading your index finger and thumb apart on the screen, forget about it. It won't happen, or at least it won't do what you expect it to do.

Viewing angles are tight. This is for personal viewing only. My son likes to watch while I play games but he has to practically put his head right next to mine to see the screen. This would not work well if my kids wanted to watch a movie in the car for example. Of course the battery life would preclude that anyway.

My next tablet purchase will be a name brand but this one will keep me satisfied until prices come down.

Update:

I have owned this tablet for about two weeks now. In my original review stated that I can surf the web effectively. This is only sometimes true. Often Chrome fails to open. I will launch Chrome ten times in a row and each time it will start to open only to quit without explanation. Then a few hours later I will try again and it will open without any problem. Two days ago I downloaded FireFox from Google Play and it appears to be more reliable.

The battery life has improved. I turned down the brightness on the screen and the battery will now last for hours without charging. The screen still looks good for playing games, reading text, or surfing the web.

Last week I was on vacation. I was able to move the SD card from my camera and put it into the tablet. The tablet displayed the pictures and played the videos without a problem. I used the tablet to delete bad pictures but waited until I got home to a PC to do any real editing. The touch screen is too jittery for that.

Overall my opinion has not changed. This was a good purchase for me. I was not willing to pay full price for a name brand tablet and I do not mind working around this tablets shortcomings.
66 comments| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2012
Ive paid $400+ for other tablets and they were worse than this one. Yeah this one isn't the best for video chat. Ok this prolly won't replace a computer. The battery life isnt that good... Gotcha. It's $169.99 what do you expect. This is what I do do with it. I surf the net easily, I put movies on an SD card and it plays them like a champ. I watch netflix and play rpg type games. It's not the biggest, fastest or the best but it works great if you're not trying to replace a computer.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
This tablet is a great value for the features. It has a large touch screen with two memory card slots available. Front camera and a couple of USB ports. I purchased it for my son and I've used it a couple of times. A great alternative to the pricy iPad and Galaxy options. He has been able to download and manuver around nicely. The screen protector got damaged by my two year old before we could get it on the screen which is causing some touch sensativity issues but that was user error. Recommend this products for anyone at any age looking for the technology on a budget.
44 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2012
Ordered from a company called ACCDepot which I find out also operates under the name of PigPony from the same address in Groveport, OH which I think is just a warehouse with the actual company in Hong Kong/Mainland China. They did back up their 30 day repair/replace or refund. In this case a refund. The tablet is marketed as a MID -M1050 and arrived in a box which described itself as a Super Pad 3. Its a Chinese "knockoff" of something I have yet to figure out. The tablet arrived promptly after ordering but failed to charge for the first day and half till I figured out the charging plug had to be withdrawn half way before the charging light would engage. Within the 5 days of ownership the tablet failed to charge what ever way the charger plug was engaged. With this unit I found it would not operate while on charge which was a downer. I own a 1st generation Nook e-reader which is 3 years old but did come with 176 page preloaded instruction booklet on the device. This tablet comes with a 23 page paper booklet written by someone with English as a 2nd language. Really no help at all. Seems that perhaps this unit was manufactured for the Chinese domestic market and the North American market was a secondary thought. The tablet itself seems sturdy but its markings on its tabs left me scratching my head. There are 4 tabs. WiFi on/off - Menu - Home and an unmarked tab which was the most important which was on and off for the tablet. You would think that the on and off button would be marked but in this case NO. The WiFi can be turned off on the tablet with a couple of taps but must be the Chinese way of guess work as to how to turn the unit on. To the left of center I found a pre drilled hole but no button. As it somehow something was left unfinished. If your like me a Windows Fan with a little Linux experience you will not like this product. Supposedly there are 600,000 Apps out there with 99% made for phone screens of between 4 and 5 inches. Put these on a 10 inch screen and not close to looking as good. I downloaded both FireFox and Opera browsers along with Calibre a e-book reader. They came so watered down as to be unrecognizable from the real thing. You pay for what you get. If I were still interested in an Android Tablet I would have to pay more but get more with an Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet with Jelly Bean, Google Now and Voice Recognition with 10 hrs. of battery life as opposed to less than half with this product. For me an even better choice would be Microsoft 8 tablet to be released in Oct/Nov of this year.
on July 27, 2012
The name of this tablet is the superfly touch vi. This tablet is horrible is started freezing within 2 hours of opening the box. On top of the freezing continuing to happen, the screen also started flashing a rainbow display of colors. This is the worst tablet I have ever used. I had many problems with this tablet in just 12 hours before I returned the tablet. The more I researched the tablet, the more problems I found that it had. I think the reason the seller did not last the name of the tablet on the site to prevent these
on May 19, 2012
It constantly freezes
battery get discharged pretty fast and charge it again takes several hours. the accelerometer works very slow
touch screen is nothing confortable
on October 21, 2012
I bought it for textbooks and didn't really expect to get much use out of it beyond that. I have been very pleasantly surprised! It has worked very well on many applications and I am pleased at how it functions. I would definitely recommend this product to others.
on December 13, 2012
It's too late to return it unfortunately. so, I'm out $150 bucks. Amazon needs to take this off of the market. It locks up frequently, the screen is hard to navigate with and the power adapter breaks easily. This is like stealing!!
on April 17, 2013
PROs:
- good format, lightweight; easy to hold
- powerfull CPU and enough RAM (1GB)
- lots of connectivity: HDMI, LAN, Headphones, USB and MicroUSB; and 2 (TWO) Micro SD Card slots!
- decent screen image and viewing angles
CONs:
- the Resistive screen is not responsive, as comparing to other, older, tablets...
- battery life is... abysmal; you get to watch about 1 1/2 movies before you need to recharge...
Overall, if it had a better screen and battery, this tablet would be hard to beat!
But, then again, it most likely would cost twice as much.
on November 19, 2012
use the product for a week and will not start. Pressing the power button the screen stays lit in white only. No hit, was always on the carton and on the desktop.