Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Top Contributor: Makeupon April 4, 2017
Our kids were very intrigued by these cameras. 10 year old asked if he could see the picture he just took (like a digital camera). 4 year old enjoyed looking through the viewfinder and composing images of interesting things. I will drop them off to be developed and update this review, but just the activity of being out and shooting images was worth the price of this item!
3 people found this helpful
on May 14, 2017
this is my favorite camera. They are getting harder to find in stores. I am teased about this camera.
The price is right and so easy to handle . Please keep them in stock
3 people found this helpful
on August 28, 2013
2 Kodak MAX 35mm Single Use Cameras with Flash

Note: Please read my full review and followups regarding this purchase. While the product in question may have been defective, the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, made good on their 100% money back guarantee. My 2 star rating is the rating I gave the cameras, and not Mel Pierce Camera.

I ordered 4 packages of these Kodak cameras -- a total of 8 cameras -- for our grandkids and us to take to Disney World next month. I placed the order last Friday and they arrived today, somewhat ahead of their scheduled delivery date.

However, when I unpacked the cameras and examined them I noticed on the bottom that they have a "develop before 08/2013" meaning they are already past their develop by date. I contacted Amazon to see what was going on and they put me in contact with the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, out of California. I talked to an associate by the name of Cameron(sp?) who ensured me that the film was still good and that they guarantee their film for a year beyond the date of sale or they would give me a refund. That's fine but what do you do about all those memories you hoped to capture on your vacation.

Cameron also insisted that it clearly said on the web site what the develop by date was for the cameras, but I checked and re-checked the Amazon description and could find nothing which gave the develop by date or anything which suggested the cameras and film were past their date. What the description did say was that this product was NEW. Clearly this film is NOT new if its already past the develop by date when it sold.

I know a lot of film can still be good beyond its date, but not sure I want to take that chance. I suspect this is the reason the film/cameras were about half the price one would find at Wallyworld or other places like Walgreens and CVS which sell the exact same product. Debating whether or not to return.

Will post a followup review and update my rating once I have more information to share.

UPDATE UPDATE Sunday Sept. 1, 2013: Today I decided to see how well these cameras worked rather than wait and use them on our vacation next month in Disney World with our grand kids; so I took one of the 8 out of the pack and took 27 pictures in and around my home. I took most pictures outdoors -- it was partly cloudy/sunny, which should have been ideal weather conditions for taking photos outside, but also took several photos indoors to see how well the camera would function using its built-in flash. Then I had them developed at a local chain drug store where we have taken many of our photos for developing over the past several years with good results.

The pictures were horrible, all 27 came out a very dark gray, almost as if they were taken during a rain storm or light fog but it was relatively bright out; furthermore they lacked color -- totally washed out, were on the blurry side with almost no sharpness of detail. Just really bad pictures. And the pictures indoors were no different from the pictures taken outside. The flash worked but the pictures came out the same, dark gray, no color, and no sharpness. I shudder to think what we would have been stuck with had we waited and taken them to Disney next month.

I contacted Amazon this afternoon right after I got the film developed and told them what I had done and indicated I wanted to return the remaining cameras for a full refund. They contacted the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, and indicated the seller should contact me within the next 48 hours to arrange a return. We will see how it goes. I am confident Amazon will make good on what it sells -- they always have and is one of the main reasons why I shop there. But now I am back in the market for some single use cameras that hopefully will not be past their develop by date as these were.

FINAL UPDATE:Sept. 5, 2013. As Amazon promised, the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, contacted me within 48 hours. In fact I received an e-mail from an employee of Mel Pierce Camera who goes by the name of Jim R. who not only offered me a full refund, but because of my bad experience with the Kodak single use camera in question, offered me a 10% discount on any future purchase from them in addition to a full refund and said I could keep the remaining 7 cameras.

I am also happy to report that within hours of receiving their e-mail, the purchase amount I paid, had already been fully credited to my credit card account. I consider this outstanding service on the part of Mel Pierce Camera, and would not hesitate to do business with them again. Its just really nice to know there are still company's out there who treat their customers right.

Thank you both Mel Pierce Camera and Amazon.
22 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 10, 2015
Have used Kodak for years. Great products! Arrived right away. They were sent along with Christmas gifts and a self addressed postage paid envelope to be sent back to Grandma full of pictures and I would love to tell everyone about how wonderful they turned out IF MY KIDS COULD FIND THEIR WAY TO THE MAILBOX.
4 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2017
I just processed the film taken and the pictures were very clear. The cost of these cameras has skyrocketed everywhere in recent years once every one starting using phones instead. However, this product still works well when needed.
on March 21, 2018
Same horrible results as when we HAD to use these. I only purchased these for my child's field trip. Next time - purchase a cheap camera. It costs about $20 to develop the pictures.
on September 17, 2017
Took a camera full of pictures and got two useable prints. Once shame on you .....
on December 7, 2016
GOOD PRICE FOR A QUALITY DISPOSIBLE CAMERA. WILL CONTINUE TO
USE THIS PRODUCT.
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2014
Despite all the numerous electronic devices that we have all seen become available to the everyday individual in recent years, I would honestly have to say that the disposable / one-time use 35mm camera is notably one of the best invention(s) of the last umpteen years. This Kodak Max 35mm Flash One-Time Use camera most definitely serves it's intended purpose very well. In fact, these disposable cameras work so well (for me, personally) that I have made the decision to - not move up to using a digital camera (for now). Reason is simply: I have had better-than-expected results in the long run from this + the Fuji-film 27 exposure 800-speed disposable camera. I am very pleased with the quality of photos that I've taken of friend's get-together, visiting a tourist attraction and especially live concerts. Downside is the ca$h you need to dole out for these disposable cameras - at stores (that even) still carry them like Walmart, Kmart, Hy-Vee, Price Chopper, etc. Plus, of course the processing & printing. Nonetheless, highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2015
These were very convenient cameras for my granddaughter to take with her on a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium with her stepmother. They were easy to use and produced good quality photos. My headline pretty much says it all!