Kodak EasyShare Z990 12 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch LCD
|Price:||$279.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Capture the ambience in dimly lit situations with the 12 MP BSI (back side illumination) CMOS sensor and high ISO
- Zoom in fast, close, and wide with the 30X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens with image stabilization
- The f/2.8 28 mm wide-angle lens captures dramatic shots in tight quarters or in front of spectacular landscapes
- Kodak's powerful, high-capacity pre-charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and charger included
- SD/SDHC card compatibility allow you to enjoy up to 128 MB of internal memory
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Built-in Microphone
- Built-in Flash
- Image Stabilization
- Video Capability
- HD Compatible
From the Manufacturer
Inspiration at your fingertips. Excitement from your pictures. If you love taking pictures, then the KODAK EASYSHARE MAX Camera is exactly what you’re looking for. When inspiration strikes, whether in direct sunlight or sitting by a campfire, this high-performance camera makes it a breeze to capture what you see. Want to take your photography to the next level? You can count on the KODAK EASYSHARE MAX Camera to deliver crisp, beautiful pictures pictures you’ll want to share proudly. And thanks to Kodak’s Share button, showing off your shots is simple.
Only KODAK Digital Cameras allow you to simultaneously share to multiple social networks and e-mail1.
Kodak’s Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple with One Button Upload:
• Just press Share when in review mode
• Choose your favorite sharing destinations: FACEBOOK, e-mail, KODAK Gallery and KODAK PULSE Digital Frames2, and other popular sharing sites
• Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)1
Kodak’s exclusive Share Button:
• Automatically shares when you connect to a PC1
• Tags to the largest number of socialnetworks3
• Uploads friend tags to FACEBOOK1
• Capture the low-light ambience—fast and sharp: Kodak's first BSI CMOS sensor delivers stunning low-light picture quality with less noise and less blur—no flash needed
• Powerful 30X optical zoom lens: The 30X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens (35 mm equivalent: 28–840mm) zooms in faster and closer than ever to deliver crisp, steady shots for extraordinary creative performance
• Fast f/2.8 28 mm wide-angle lens: Capture dramatic shots in tight quarters or in front of spectacular landscapes
• Optical image stabilization: camera shake is automatically minimized so you can capture sharp, steady shots when shooting at long zoom ranges
• Get in on the action without delay: Capture that challenging action shot with fast, click-to-capture speed and auto focus.
• High ISO mode: Capture the details in low-light conditions and fast-action situations with a powerful, high ISO (up to 6400). Faster shutter speeds mean you can capture scenes in low light and fast action
• Automatic panorama : Automatic panorama mode captures a 180 degree horizontal view or 120 degree vertical view—pan horizontally or vertically in a continuous burst until the shutter is released
• Photobooth capture mode stylizes a group of four consecutive photos as if taken inside a photobooth
• Kodak’s powerful, high-capacity pre-charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and charger included
Modes and Effects
• Get creative with advanced camera features—PASM, RAW, creative modes, and film effects
• Program auto mode (P)—camera sets optimal shutter speed and aperture combination
• Aperture priority mode (A)—you choose aperture, the camera sets shutter speed
• Shutter priority mode (S)—you choose shutter speed, the camera sets aperture
• Manual mode (M)—you choose both the aperture and shutter speed
Shoot video with ease
• Record full 1080 HD video with stereo sound
• Edit your pictures and add creative borders
• Make a picture from video and create action prints (9-up)
Scene and color modes
• Get great shots time after time with multiple scene modes, including auto, sport, portrait, snow, fireworks, and backlight
• Have fun with five different color modes: vivid, full, and basic color, black & white, and sepia
• Exposure compensation: ± 2.0 EV in ± 1/3 EV step increments
• Aperture: f/2.8 wide (f/5.6 tele)
• Shutter speed: ½–1/2000 sec. (auto), 16–1/2000 sec. (manual)
• ISO equivalents: 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
• Auto focus: TTL imager AF system
• Exposure metering: multi-pattern, center-weighted, center-spot
• White balance: auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, open shade
• Flash mode: auto, off, fill, red-eye reduction
• High-speed burst mode: capture up to 60 fps @ 2 MP (max 20)
|Artistic effects |
• HDR (high dynamic range)
• Night scene long exposure
• Intelligent portrait
|Film effects |
|Multiple scene modes |
• Portrait modes: portrait, night portrait, self
• Landscape modes: landscape, night landscape, fireworks, sunset
• Lighting modes: bright, candlelight, backlight
• Action modes: sport, children, stage
• Close-up mode: flower
Kodak's Smart Capture feature: Beautiful pictures, more often-automatically
Become a better photographer with a smarter camera. Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for a great picture in just about any environment.
• Intelligent scene detection—analyzes the scene to give you better pictures under various conditions
• Intelligent capture control—automatically sets camera settings for clear, sharp pictures even in low light and challenging situations
• Intelligent image processing—reduces noise and clears up dark shadows for vibrant, crisp details and true-to-life colors
What’s In the Box: Everything you need to shoot and share
• KODAK EASYSHARE MAX Camera
• KODAK Ni-MH Pre-charged Rechargeable Digital Camera Batteries AA
• KODAK USB AC adapter for in-camera charging
• Charging solution
• Wrist strap
• USB cable
• Lens cap with strap
• Neck strap
• User Guide
1 All Kodak digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
2 KODAK PULSE Display and KODAK Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
3 Sharing sites vary by region
Megapixels 12 MP BSI CMOS
Zoom 30X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens
Display size 3.0 in. HVGA high-resolution LCD
Face Recognition Yes
Smart Capture Yes
• WINDOWS XP SP2, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 or later
• INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 or higher
• MACINTOSH 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 or higher
• SAFARI 1.1 or higher
• PENTIUM 4, 2.8 GHz processor or higher
• 1 GB RAM and 64 MB video RAM
• 300 MB hard drive space available
• CD-ROM drive
• Available USB port (1.1 or higher)
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
Top Customer Reviews
The 30X OPTICAL zoom lens is spectacular. Sure, it might not be quite up to SLR standards, but the pictures I get while SLR owners are struggling changing lenses make a big difference. I have been taking photos for decades, and virtually any lens with the name Schneider has always been a good one.
Important to me, since I take lots of photos of kids and animals, is the short time between shutter push and the photo being taken. It adapts well to changing situations.
Many cameras have no eyepiece viewer, and in bright sunlight can hardly be used because the viewing screen appears so dim. Not so with this camera. Although the direct view could be of better quality and include a diopter admustment, it is so much better than trying to compose a photo in the bright sunlight using an almost invisible viewing screen.
I love to do available light photography. I have never seen a camera with such great low light ability. Sometimes it is almost as though it had "night vision." I normally set the camera to the "No flash" setting.
I think this camera might be a little too technical for first time users unless they are willing to get to know the camera and its capabilities as they go.
I read a review of a comparable Canon offering, and they criticized the lens for purple fringing -- NOT a problem with my camera.
I still carry a small "point and shoot" camera, but when I get serious about taking photos, I lean on this camera.Read more ›
There are a lot of things I love about my z990. But I have had enough disappointments to make me wonder what Kodak was thinking, and to question if this camera is worth its original $300+ price tag.
My first z990 was very buggy. It kept becoming unresponsive for several seconds or even freezing up. It helped to reformat the SD card and internal memory and to reset the camera. But I ended up having to get a replacement. My new z990 works much better!
Things I love:
* Best low-light no-flash pictures I have EVER seen from a digital camera!
* Very nice image quality.
* 1080p video! ... Good image quality. Acceptable sound quality.
* Snap pictures WHILE recording a video! They are lowish quality, but still decent enough for a 4x6 or maybe even a 5x7 print.
* Photobooth is so much fun! I just wish you could use the timer to add an extra 10 seconds before it starts snapping. ... The camera does give you a few seconds to get into position, but sometimes I need a little more.
* My 8 year old LOVES automatic panorama! ... But it can be a bit sensitive if you sweep at the wrong speed or if your subjects are moving. (like tree tops on a windy day)
* Automatic panorama does not always capture the whole image. - Sometimes it saves less than half of the image.
* You cannot set your favorite film effect to be the default. (I prefer more natural colors, but every time I turn the dial or power off my camera, it resets to oversaturated)
* Several vividly colored flowers just won't record right on this camera.Read more ›
Some reviews have said you can't save settings when you shut off the camera but that is not completely true. If you shoot in PASM modes it will save your settings in those modes even if you switch modes or shut off the camera. While it may not save settings in "scenes" and special features (like shooting fireworks or sunsets) those are preset anyway as soon as you dial to them.
I am no photo expert but the menus seem very intuitive and easy to navigate.
The main reason I bought this camera is that it gives me a lot of versatility with its zoom and low light capacity. I hate flash photography and I like a lot of sports and outdoor action shots of family and friends.
The zoom is 30X optical while in smart mode and another 5x digital zoom when shooting in PASM modes (which allow you to override a host of presets that you can't do (except to shut off the flash) in smart mode. Though you cannot zoom manually, the toggle for the zoom is on a ring surrounding the shutter button and very easy to use without taking your eyes off the subject of your pictures. It responds instantly and does not require you to zoom in and out to get where you want like my old digital camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-S70).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked it but now cannot download photos due to no software since I changed my PCPublished 1 month ago by James S.
CAMERA HAS NEVER WORKED. HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO COMPLAIN . DO NOT KNOW WHO TO COMPLAIN TO.
THIS IS MY SECOND KODAK Z990' SO I KNOW HOW IT SHOULD WORK. Read more
I bought this camera used, from someone off CL for $40. It was dropped; the lens housing was bent, and the battery compartment door was slightly broken (but still closed/worked). Read morePublished 8 months ago by T
Very nice camera that worked perfect for all of my needs! Took great up close product pictures for my business, and action shots of my little one. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Review It Denver
Incredible quality pictures... when it wants to work at least. My only issue with this camera is that it can be a bit slow and finicky at times.Published 9 months ago by Jordan Bruce
I am thrilled with this camera! The versatility is amazing! I can't believe some of the pictures I've taken! They look professional! Read morePublished 10 months ago by CJAY