Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kodak EasyShare Z950 12 MP Digital Camera (Black) ..." and save 88% off the $249.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Kodak EasyShare Z950 12 MP Digital Camera (Black) with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12-megapixel resolution
- 10x optical zoom
- Smart Capture feature automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings
- 3-inch LCD screen
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||From $29.99||$58.35||$88.00||$229.95||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$1,299.00|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Focus Camera||BYDEALS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.5 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.4 x 4.3 x 2.6 in||3.67 x 1.05 x 2.37 in||2.13 x 1.97 x 0.87 in||1.4 x 4.2 x 2.9 in||4.81 x 5.1 x 3.74 in||7 x 3.9 x 6.9 in|
|Item Weight||0.54 lb||4.16 ounces||4.48 ounces||1.1 lbs||1.3 lbs||2 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||12 megapixels||16 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||10 megapixels||20.1 megapixels||24.3 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)||1280 x 720 pixels||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps)||1920x1080|
Kodak EasyShare Z950 Digital Camera
From the Manufacturer
You’ve been wishing your camera could take better pictures. And not just the kind where two people put their heads together and smile. Good news. The KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera gives you pro-like performance that’s easy to use. Get outstanding shots in challenging and creative scenarios using Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature, which automatically adjusts focus, flash, and exposure. And the 10X optical zoom lens with image stabilization helps you bring your pictures closer to perfection.
You’ve been wishing your camera could take better pictures. Good news. The Z950 gives you pro-like performance that’s easy to use, so you can get outstanding shots in challenging and creative scenarios. 10X optical zoom with image stabilization
- The 10X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens (35–350 mm) zooms in fast to deliver extraordinary creative performance
- Fast f/3.5–f/4.8
- Capture sharp, steady shots when shooting at long zoom ranges
- Camera shake is minimized to automatically deliver clear, sharp pictures
- 12 MP means you can make stunning prints up to 30 × 40 in.
- More megapixels means you can crop and enlarge and still have great picture quality
- However you choose to print—at home, at retail, or online—trust Kodak for picture quality that’s truly exceptional and for memories that will last
< 0.3 second click-to-capture speed means you can capture that challenging action shot without delay
Show off your pictures
- Get a good look at your pictures on the big, bright 3 in. color LCD
- Whether you shoot your pictures vertically or horizontally, view them right side up with auto picture rotation
- In review mode, quickly magnify with pan, fast scroll through pictures, or view multi-up
Become a better photographer with a smarter camera. Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature brings you easy-to-use pro-like performance, automatically.
Kodak's Smart Capture feature
Smart Capture automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for great pictures in almost any environment.
- Intelligent scene detection—detects and analyzes scene conditions
- Intelligent capture control—automatically sets camera settings including exposure, focus and ISO for clear, sharp pictures even in low light and challenging situations
- Intelligent image processing—reduces noise and clears up dark shadows for vibrant, crisp details and true-to-life colors
- Experience Smart Capture
HD picture capture
- Take stunning HD pictures in 16:9 format
- View your pictures in high definition on an HDTV or other HD devices
- Capture HD quality video at 30 fps with sound and on-camera editing
- Capture more video while using less memory with MPEG-4 compression
- Print multiple frames on a 4 × 6 in. print—4, 9, or 16-up
- Save single frames and e-mail family and friends
- Mark special spots in your video with video bookmarking
For too long we have been turning on the television and simply watching what they send us. But now, the KODAK Theatre HD Player is changing how we see HDTV—by changing what we can see on it.
- Enjoy your new pictures and videos on your HDTV instantly, right from your camera’s memory card
- Access pictures from your PC, camera, and online photo sharing sites, wirelessly
- Wirelessly send and receive pictures with Kodak’s Picture Mail feature
- Create slideshows to your favorite songs
- Experience YouTube™ like never before—videos are brilliantly displayed on your HDTV
- Access Internet radio, podcasts and other web content on your HDTV
Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Get energy that lasts with the power of the included Li-Ion rechargeable battery and in-camera charging
- Smaller, lighter battery with higher voltage and energy capacity
- Program mode (P)—camera sets optimal shutter speed and aperture combination
- Aperture priority mode (A)—you choose aperture, the camera sets shutter speed
- Shutter priority mode (S)—you choose shutter speed, the camera sets aperture
- Manual mode (M)—you choose both the aperture and shutter speed
- Exposure compensation—± 2.0 EV in ± 1/3 EV step increments
- Aperture— f/3.5 (wide)–f/4.8 (tele)
- Shutter speed—1/8–1/1250 sec. (auto), 16–1/1000 sec. (S/M mode)
- ISO equivalents—(automatic) 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Auto focus—TTL imager AF system
- Exposure metering—multi-pattern, center-weighted, center-spot
- White balance—auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, open shade
- Flash mode—auto, off, fill, red-eye reduction
- Portrait modes—portrait, night portrait, backlight, self
- Landscape modes—landscape, night landscape, fireworks
- Bright scene modes—sport, beach, snow
- Action modes—sport, children
- Text/Documents mode—ensures sharp text when photographing documents
- Manner/Museum mode—use when sound or flash are not desired
- High color
- Low color
- Natural color
- Black and white
Great technology like face detection and high ISO mode let you shoot like a pro. But with on-camera features like multimedia slideshow, text and sound tags, and HD video, taking the shot is just the beginning. Face detection
Catch those great smiles—face detection locates faces and automatically adjusts camera settings for great shots of friends and family
High ISO mode
- See the details in low-light conditions and fast-action situations with high ISO (up to 3200)
- Faster shutter speeds mean you can capture scenes in low light and fast action
- The camera automatically selects from ISO 100 to ISO 1600 based on lighting conditions
- ISO 3200 available at 3.1 MP and less in PASM modes
- Tell your story your way—turn pictures into a creative multimedia slideshow right on your camera
- Set the mood with pre-loaded sound themes
- Insert creative transitions that bring your pictures to life
- Create your perfect shot with features like cropping and auto picture rotation
- Panorama stitch mode combines up to three shots into one large picture on-camera
- Verify the exposure of your picture using the histogram feature on live view, quick view, and review
- Tag your pictures, on-camera, so you can easily find and organize them later using KODAK EASYSHARE Software
- Let your pictures have their say with sound tags, or attach important details with text tags
- Make your pictures as vivid as the moment you took them
- Relive your memories in richer detail
- Clear up dark shadows and reveal better, brighter pictures
- Don’t miss a shot if your memory card becomes full—switch to in-camera memory quickly, thanks to the internal memory plus feature
- 32 MB internal memoryand SD/SDHC card compatibility lets you start shooting right out of the box
The Z950 is part of the KODAK EASYSHARE System, so sharing your pictures is amazingly simple. Just press Share. One button upload via Share button
- Sharing starts right on the back of the camera
- Upload and share your favorite pictures and videos to YouTube™ and KODAK Gallery via the Share button and KODAK EASYSHARE Software
The simplest way to organize, edit, create, and share.
- Organize your pictures with your own tags and star ratings then use the search feature to quickly find any picture in your collection
- Edit your pictures with ease—select from a variety of simple tools that reduce red-eye, improve lighting, remove wrinkles and blemishes, and add text
- Create personalized photo projects online or at home—choose from hundreds of templates and designs to create photobooks, cards, invitations, and much more
- Share your pictures and videos with family and friends at the KODAK Gallery or YouTube™
- KODAK EASYSHARE Z950 Digital Camera
- KODAK Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery KLIC-7003
- USB AC adapter charging solution
- USB cable
- Wrist strap
- User Guide with KODAK EASYSHARE Software
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This camera feels heftier, not cheap, thin plastic (it is still plastic - it also weighs just a little more than the Z915). Although the battery compartment has a metal hinge and it springs open a little too fast, which after the first time opening it I learned to hold on when it swings open, it does feel a little cheap. I also like that the threaded tripod mount is made of metal on this camera.
This camera uses a lithium ion battery instead of AA batteries. The initial charge when I first unpacked the camera took slightly over 2 hours with the camera plugged into a 110V outlet. You can also charge it via the USB port on your computer but it will take MUCH longer this way. I recommend buying a spare battery and plug-in charger, it will make your life easier when using this camera.
Easy to use without reading the manual - and if you do need help, part of the manual is stored on-board - just press the button on the back of the camera. It takes incredible pictures, even better than expensive Fuji and Panasonic cameras I previously owned. You can include the date on the picture, something I had to add myself with software with any of my Fuji's. I'm not sure about Nikon, but I think Canon is the only other camera manufacturer where you can include the date on the picture.
The shutter lag time is super fast. I rarely miss a shot while waiting on the shutter to respond. It's incredibly fast when using no flash, and still what seems to be under a second when using the flash.
**NOTE: Make sure you buy an SDHC memory card with a MINIMUM Class 6 rating for the fastest photo capturing. Too bad I can't make this bold, I cannot stress enough you will be unhappy with processing time between shots with a Class 2 or Class 4 SD card!**
**NOTE: QuickView is Kodak's name for their reviewing function. Immediately after you take a picture, you see it displayed on the LCD screen for 5 seconds. That's a long time to wait before your next shot, but if you lightly press the shutter button, the review picture goes away and you can take the next shot. You can also turn this off completely, but then you can't quickly review what you have just taken.**
There are also very few cameras in this price range where you can have full manual control should you want to - you can set your own focus, aperture, shutter speed, flash compensation and ISO.
Large 3" LCD screen, I can see it in the sun too
Good build quality, even though it's plastic, it's sturdy
Right side of camera has a large rubber grip, so it won't slip from your hand
Full manual settings (PASM), hard to find in a camera this price
A wonderful 10X optical zoom from a great manufacturer of lenses, I previously owned a camera with a Leica lens and this Schneider-Kreuznach lens is just as good
One year warranty (for the USA)
Flimsy battery compartment door
I don't like the software that came with it, I prefer Picasa
Definitely a 5 star camera.