Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kodak EasyShare M580 14 MP Digital Camera with 8x ..." and save 58% off the $169.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Kodak EasyShare M580 14 MP Digital Camera with 8x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Pink)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 14-megapixel resolution for stunning prints up to 30 x 40 inches
- 8x optical zoom; 28 mm wide-angle lens
- 3-inch LCD with KODAK Color Science Technology
- Kodak's Smart Capture feature
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ43 16 MP Digital Camera with 4X Optical Zoom and 2.7" LCD Screen (Red)
Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53 16 MP Digital Camera with 5X Optical Zoom and 2.7" LCD Screen (Black)
Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53 (Red) with Sandisk16GB SD Cards, Spare battery, Case Bundle
Sony (DSCW800) 20.1 MP Digital Camera (Silver)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Focus Camera LLC||ConecTech|
|Screen Size||3 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in|
|Has Image Stabilization||Yes||Yes||Yes||—||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||3.98 x 2.2 x 2.32 in||1.05 x 3.67 x 2.37 in||0.9 x 3.6 x 2.22 in||10.1 x 8.2 x 6.6 in||1.97 x 2.13 x 0.87 in|
|Item Weight||5.28 ounces||4.16 ounces||3.68 ounces||—||4.48 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 megapixels||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||—|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps) 640 x 480 (30 fps)||720p||720p||720p||720p|
|Viewfinder||None||fixed LCD||fixed LCD||fixed LCD||None|
The Kodak EasyShare M580 digital camera features a unique stylish slim body with a 14MP 8x wide optical zoom and a 3.0" LCD. This smart camera has Smart Finder with Face Recognition, Smart Capture, and features the Smart Share destination tag to YouTube™ , Facebook, Flickr , Kodak Gallery, and email via the Share button for upload when you connect to your computer.
From the Manufacturer
Sharing your life just got simpler. Just press Share. Sharing pictures has never been easier than with the M580 Digital Camera. Kodak's Share button lets you instantly tag pictures for uploading to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail too.
Picture this--you're letting loose at a trendy hot spot with friends, snapping pictures so amazing you'll want to share them online as soon as you get home. Any other camera would slow you down with tags, sorts, and uploads. But not the new Kodak EasyShare M580 digital camera. Kodak's Share button allows you to tag pictures directly from your camera for e-mailing, or uploading to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail too. The real Kodak Moment happens when you share.
Kodak EasyShare M580 Highlights
One-button upload -- turn moments into memories
With Kodak's Share button, uploading your pictures is amazingly simple.
- Snap your picture
- Press the Share button and tag it to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail too
- Connect your camera to your computer, and with Kodak's Share button app, your pictures are automatically uploaded
- Your pictures and videos are automatically transferred to your computer
The complete solution for transferring, online sharing, e-mailing, organizing, editing, and creative printing of your pictures.
- Organize your pictures with your own tags, star ratings, and date and time stamps, then use the search feature to quickly find any picture in your collection
- Edit your pictures with ease--select from a variety of simple tools that reduce red-eye, improve lighting, remove wrinkles and blemishes, and add text
- Create photo projects online or at home--choose from hundreds of templates and designs to create album pages, cards, invitations, and much more
- Manually upload to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, and Kodak Gallery sites, plus e-mail too
- The 8x Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon Optical Zoom Lens zooms in close for extraordinary details on faraway shots
- Capture dramatic shots in tight quarters or in front of spectacular landscapes with the 28mm wide-angle lens
- Reduce blur caused by subject movement or fast-action situations
- The camera automatically minimizes the effects of camera shake to deliver clearer, sharper pictures
- 14 MP means you can make stunning prints up to 30 x 40 inches
- More megapixels means you can crop and enlarge and still have great picture quality
- However you choose to print--at home, at retail, or online--trust Kodak for picture quality that's truly exceptional and for memories that will last.
Your style reflects your personality. Now your camera can too. Express your true self with the sleek, stylish Kodak EasyShare M580 digital camera.
- More than a camera--it's an attention-grabbing accessory
- Trendy, stylish, compact design
- Choose from a variety of fashionable colors
Kodak's Smart Capture feature
Become a better photographer with a smarter camera. Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for a great picture in just about any environment.
- Intelligent scene detection--detects and analyzes scene conditions
- Intelligent capture control--automatically sets camera settings, including exposure, focus, and ISO for clear, sharp pictures even in low light and challenging situations
- Intelligent image processing--reduces noise and clears up dark shadows for vibrant, crisp details and true-to-life colors
- Find, organize, and share your pictures easily
- Camera automatically recognizes up to 20 pre-tagged faces so you can easily locate and share them later
- Recognizes up to five faces in a single image
- Name tags carry over to your favorite photo management software for easy searching
The 3-inch bright LCD features Kodak Color Science Technology for brighter, more vibrant details.
Don't miss a shot with Li-Ion rechargeable batteries
- Get energy that lasts with the power of the included Li-Ion rechargeable battery and in-camera charging
- Smaller, lighter battery with higher voltage and energy capacity
Take stunning HD pictures in and view them in high definition on an HDTV or other HD devices.
HD video capture
- Capture HD quality video with sound and on-camera editing
- Print multiple frames on a 4 x 6-inch print
- Save single frames and e-mail family and friends
- Experience your pictures and videos on an HDTV with the optional HDMI cable and remote control
- Easily connect your camera to the HDTV with the HDMI cable
- The handy remote control makes it easy to comfortably enjoy your pictures and videos on your HDTV
For too long we have been turning on the television and simply watching what they send us. But now, the Kodak Theatre HD Player is changing how we see HDTV--by changing what we can see on it.
- Enjoy your new pictures and videos on your HDTV instantly, right from your camera's memory card
- Access pictures from your PC, camera, and online photo sharing sites, wirelessly
- Wirelessly send and receive pictures with Kodak's Picture Mail feature
- Create slideshows to your favorite songs
- Experience YouTube like never before--videos are brilliantly displayed on your HDTV
- Access Internet radio, podcasts, and other web content on your HDTV
Great technologies let you start shooting right away. And with on-camera features, taking the picture is just the beginning.
High ISO mode
See the details in low-light conditions and fast-action situations with high ISO (up to 3200).
Scene modes and on-camera picture enhancing features
- Get the right shot--manually select from the multiple scene and color modes
- Create your perfect shot with cropping, auto picture rotation, and undo-delete
- Panorama stitch mode combines up to three shots into one large picture
- Make your pictures as vivid as the moment you took them
- Relive your memories in richer detail
- Clear up dark shadows and reveal better, brighter pictures
- Turn your pictures into a creative multimedia slideshow right on your camera
- Set the mood when you choose from pre-loaded sound themes and creative transitions
- Record continuous HD video (1280 x 720) at 30 fps and VGA video (640 x 480) at 30 fps
- Video print options include 1- and 9-up prints
- QUICKTIME Motion jpeg with audio recording during capture and playback
- Don't miss a shot if your memory card becomes full--switch to in-camera memory quickly, thanks to the internal memory plus feature
- 64 MB internal memory and SD/SDHC card compatibility lets you start shooting right out of the box
- Kodak EasyShare M580 Digital Camera
- Kodak Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery KLIC-7006
- Kodak USB AC adapter for in-camera charging
- Wrist strap
- USB Cable
- User Guide
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, after a couple days of use I experienced the freeze-up problem so many other reviewers have complained about. Every time I would use the review function to look at the pictures I had taken it would lock up and require battery removal to restart. I decided to return it but read about the firmware update Kodak put out to fix the issue, which some other reviewers have mentioned. It is available on their support page ([...]). It was very easy to install and completely fixed the problem. I definitely recommend people otherwise satisfied with this camera try this before sending it back.
Picture quality is fine for a point and shoot camera. I only took a couple videos and was not very impressed with the quality (grainy) but they were taken indoors in low light so I will withhold judgment on that.
My one complaint so far is that you have to turn the camera on and have the lens pop out in order to use the review feature and look over photos that were already taken. My Olympus allowed me to review the pictures on the camera without actually turning the camera function on and unnecessarily exposing the lens and working the gears. I guess that is a minor issue though.
The bottom line is it does what I wanted and I now am able to capture some good candid shots of my speedy daughter.
Quality of pictures is outstanding for such a small price, the variety of scenes available is excellent and easy & fun to use. Did a portrait using the candlelight setting it's as good as a pro. It's great for an old lady like me it removes wrinkles lol... This little camera is a powerhouse. I am quite a bit older and don't use the features to put your pictures on face book, you tube etc ..I'm sure when my Great Grandchildren check this camera out they will want me to buy them one for Christmas...I will say the buttons are small, but you have to expect that on a pocket size camera. I have memorized their placement and now have no problem at all. I just love this fun little camera. The tripod is amazingly sturdy and very good quality, of course I had to try it out,no problem or worry about the camera falling or tipping over. The video is excellent too, but I most likely won't use this feature as I have a Video Camera. Thanks Amazon Great little camera from Kodak I would highly recommend this M580.....Kodak EasyShare M580 14MP Digital Camera with 8x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 3.0 Inch LCD (Pink)
The device is extremely easy to use. It does not have too many buttons and their functions become clear even before reading the user manual. It does save pictures and video in HD, but you may want to get an SD card, since the internal memory won't get you very far. The proprietary rechargeable battery makes it easy to recharge and lasts quite longer than AA batteries (rechargeable or otherwise) I have used in other cameras. Of course, it will be a chore to find a replacement battery when this one's lifetime has expired, but I expect it to last a long time -- after all, it's a camera, not a laptop.
Why pink? Because it's a gift for Mother's Day.