Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 168 reviews
on December 14, 2015
Really amazed how many people have issues with this film. I haven't had an issue with it in the slightest. I've used it for all kinds of stuff including taking photos of people and all the issues people have had I've never had. It's great for portraits it's great for street photography among other things, you really just need to use it right.

It's my go to film always will be.
on February 15, 2013
If you have read my other reviews regarding color print film, you will know that this is the first time using ISO 100. I was/am impressed with the results. Now, others out there may say I am bananas, but this film being slower, does not offer a very large window of forgiveness. It demands near perfection from the user and the equipment. Which for me is a problem because like me, my equipment is old. I have older releases from Pentax and as everyone knows, light meters are not made to last forever. Anyway, a very good product from Kodak. I honestly and highly recommend this film for a lot of fun with good results.

Thanks for reading,

Tony
on July 3, 2017
Very impressed with the colors in this film. First time using it. I read that skin tones turn out too red often but did not have this experience. Attached is one of my images from this roll. Am about to order more rolls to use in the intense GA summer sun! (@laureldrivestudio to see more examples of Ektar 100, Ilford 3200, Portra 400 & 800)
review image
on December 20, 2016
This film was recommended to me from a really awesome professor of mine who was in the journalist field- and has had a lot of experience shooting pictures for magazines and newspapers. Really great color- I took this with me on my trip to Canada, and processed it myself when I got home, pictures turned out really beautiful.
on June 25, 2017
There are some of us that just work better with that dose of analog. Ektar just works, for me anyway. Compose, snap, develop, and every time I marvel at the smooth grain, the wide exposure latitude, and the lovely colour.
on August 24, 2014
I have only shot one roll thus far, but I expected the color to be brighter. However, I have purchased 4 more rolls because I have always
preferred 100 for outdoors and the other choices of 200 and higher do not appeal to me. I may go back to my old 1962 Ziess Icon Contaflex
to get better coloration as the automatics sometimes just don't compare! This is the only 100 film that I could find and am sure it will be more
acceptable as I continue to use it.
on April 23, 2015
I just can't seem to get a great scan (with an Epson V600) from this stuff no matter what I do.
It still looks good, but I can't get the almost slide film appearance that I've seen this stuff is capable of.

I still like the look it gives me though. Some day I'll have to send a few negatives out for a professional scanning and see if they get different results.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2014
Great film - I will only make one WARNING. Nothing against the film - but don't order film online during SUMMER! the tempature of the film is important and all the film I bought was basically damaged because of how hot it got in my mail box. Nothing against the maker - it's totally MY fault. But just a warning.
on February 2, 2017
Kodak Ektar is a fine grain color negative film, which produces rich saturated colors and contrast. If you must have one film and only one film, then this is the one to get.
on April 16, 2013
I like the sharpness and the colors. It's an artsy look that makes a drab snapshot pop a little bit. You can tell they really fine-tuned this stuff as they were developing it and that a lot of the tech for great pictures is built right in.

My only hesitation is that for portraits, I still prefer Portra. Portra is more flattering and gets nicer skin tones.