Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 21, 2015
It's a good film but be aware that color saturation can be high. I personally prefer Portra 160 most most uses due to it's higher latitude and less saturated tones. When the subject and exposures are correct, this film can shine.

I've included two sample images, taken by myself with this film.
review imagereview image
23 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
I really love the colors this film produces, maybe because I'm new to film or used to the saturated look from social media, but this film just works for me. Winter pictures in the snow came out excellent and it must have some latitude to it because I'm new to film photography and actually didn't ruin too many of the shots from this roll. Can't wait to shoot more of it.
review image
6 people found this helpful
on April 30, 2015
I have been taking photographs with good quality cameras for over 40 years. I got started when I was in the Army. I stopped using film cameras until recently. I got reintroduced to film photography seeing how cheap I could get outstanding quality film cameras these days. I picked up the Minolta Maxxum 7000 and four lenses for less than $100.00.

I shot a roll of Ektar 100 and sent it to Walmart for developing. They sent me back photos and a CD with the images on them. I put some of these up on Flikr:

I tell my friends to go out and buy film cameras while they are still so inexpensive. Does it really make for someone who mostly uses their phone to take photos to leave a $1500 digital camera in the drawer. Doesn't it make more sense to buy a high quality film camera and some good lenses and use film for those occasions where you want better than phone quality? Film will provide more tonality than digital. I have both digital and film now. There are reasons to use both. For color, Ektar is my favorite film.
11 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on April 16, 2018
This is indeed professional grade film. 36 shots is better than 24. With this ISO, the clarity and detail of the image lend itself to a lovely enlarged print, the contrast is exceptional. The colors are quite rich and more accurate than the eye. I can't think of a subject that doesn't look better on ISO film print as opposed to a digital. You can load up a memory card with a lot of shots and print what you like, no real skill needed-not as compared to handling precise exposures on film. But the pay off is worth it.
on August 28, 2017
This is a good color film showing both reasonable fine grain and moderate speed. The expiration date on the film was June 2019. The process is C4, which is generally available. If you are still using film, this is a good one.
2 people found this helpful
on July 23, 2013
I took this film to Banff, Alberta with me along with Superia and 160VC.

It's great for landscapes. I haven't shot velvia so this is the best film I've used for shooting landscapes. It renders forest green as emeralds which is lovely and insane.

400H and Portra both handle portraits and film well, but it can't beat the Ektar when shooting sunny naturescapes, in my opinion. They'll cease production on Velvia and other slide films soon, and Portra 160VC and Fuji 160C and 800Z aren't made anymore, this'll be your go-to film for when you want to shoot landscapes (mainly naturescapes) in color.

Cheap and lovely, color me impressed.
5 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2013
If you have read my other reviews regarding color print film, you will know that this is the first time using ISO 100. I was/am impressed with the results. Now, others out there may say I am bananas, but this film being slower, does not offer a very large window of forgiveness. It demands near perfection from the user and the equipment. Which for me is a problem because like me, my equipment is old. I have older releases from Pentax and as everyone knows, light meters are not made to last forever. Anyway, a very good product from Kodak. I honestly and highly recommend this film for a lot of fun with good results.

Thanks for reading,

Tony
3 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2015
Really amazed how many people have issues with this film. I haven't had an issue with it in the slightest. I've used it for all kinds of stuff including taking photos of people and all the issues people have had I've never had. It's great for portraits it's great for street photography among other things, you really just need to use it right.

It's my go to film always will be.
3 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2014
This is Kodak's second try with Ektar. The stuff they came out with in the 1980s was difficult to get good prints with. It took a good lab, not an automated Fotomat or whatever. This emulsion has exceptionally smooth grain, good but not excessive saturation, and consistent roll-to-roll results.

Used for outdoor photography with a Nikon and good glass.

Thanks Kodak for continuing to produce this film.
4 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2017
Very impressed with the colors in this film. First time using it. I read that skin tones turn out too red often but did not have this experience. Attached is one of my images from this roll. Am about to order more rolls to use in the intense GA summer sun! (@laureldrivestudio to see more examples of Ektar 100, Ilford 3200, Portra 400 & 800)
review image