Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on December 1, 2014
Worked great! Picture quality is superb! Just wish it would make miracles with my photography skills
Enthusiast: Photographyon January 12, 2017
I really love the colors this film produces, maybe because I'm new to film or used to the saturated look from social media, but this film just works for me. Winter pictures in the snow came out excellent and it must have some latitude to it because I'm new to film photography and actually didn't ruin too many of the shots from this roll. Can't wait to shoot more of it.
on April 30, 2015
I have been taking photographs with good quality cameras for over 40 years. I got started when I was in the Army. I stopped using film cameras until recently. I got reintroduced to film photography seeing how cheap I could get outstanding quality film cameras these days. I picked up the Minolta Maxxum 7000 and four lenses for less than $100.00.

I shot a roll of Ektar 100 and sent it to Walmart for developing. They sent me back photos and a CD with the images on them. I put some of these up on Flikr:

I tell my friends to go out and buy film cameras while they are still so inexpensive. Does it really make for someone who mostly uses their phone to take photos to leave a $1500 digital camera in the drawer. Doesn't it make more sense to buy a high quality film camera and some good lenses and use film for those occasions where you want better than phone quality? Film will provide more tonality than digital. I have both digital and film now. There are reasons to use both. For color, Ektar is my favorite film.
on December 14, 2015
Really amazed how many people have issues with this film. I haven't had an issue with it in the slightest. I've used it for all kinds of stuff including taking photos of people and all the issues people have had I've never had. It's great for portraits it's great for street photography among other things, you really just need to use it right.

It's my go to film always will be.
on July 23, 2013
I took this film to Banff, Alberta with me along with Superia and 160VC.

It's great for landscapes. I haven't shot velvia so this is the best film I've used for shooting landscapes. It renders forest green as emeralds which is lovely and insane.

400H and Portra both handle portraits and film well, but it can't beat the Ektar when shooting sunny naturescapes, in my opinion. They'll cease production on Velvia and other slide films soon, and Portra 160VC and Fuji 160C and 800Z aren't made anymore, this'll be your go-to film for when you want to shoot landscapes (mainly naturescapes) in color.

Cheap and lovely, color me impressed.
on February 15, 2013
If you have read my other reviews regarding color print film, you will know that this is the first time using ISO 100. I was/am impressed with the results. Now, others out there may say I am bananas, but this film being slower, does not offer a very large window of forgiveness. It demands near perfection from the user and the equipment. Which for me is a problem because like me, my equipment is old. I have older releases from Pentax and as everyone knows, light meters are not made to last forever. Anyway, a very good product from Kodak. I honestly and highly recommend this film for a lot of fun with good results.

Thanks for reading,

Tony
on February 9, 2015
Kodak Ektar is a great color film. I have gone through a couple rolls and the photos it produced were had amazing color. I shot during a bright day with and without clouds and the colors really popped. This film is my favorite so far for my 35mm camera.
on July 3, 2017
Very impressed with the colors in this film. First time using it. I read that skin tones turn out too red often but did not have this experience. Attached is one of my images from this roll. Am about to order more rolls to use in the intense GA summer sun! (@laureldrivestudio to see more examples of Ektar 100, Ilford 3200, Portra 400 & 800)
on January 8, 2014
This is Kodak's second try with Ektar. The stuff they came out with in the 1980s was difficult to get good prints with. It took a good lab, not an automated Fotomat or whatever. This emulsion has exceptionally smooth grain, good but not excessive saturation, and consistent roll-to-roll results.

Used for outdoor photography with a Nikon and good glass.

Thanks Kodak for continuing to produce this film.
on December 20, 2016
This film was recommended to me from a really awesome professor of mine who was in the journalist field- and has had a lot of experience shooting pictures for magazines and newspapers. Really great color- I took this with me on my trip to Canada, and processed it myself when I got home, pictures turned out really beautiful.