Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 7, 2015
Description says battery was a Kodak original product , it doesn't look original at all is like a replacement battery aftermarket with a Kodak label on it even the label is slightly bigger it doesn't fit right. I'm comparing with battery that originally came with the camera. Battery took the initial charge for now let's see how long will last.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on December 18, 2012
I decided to get an extra battery for my Kodak Zi8 before leaving for a trip. The default seller was M Z Photo. The battery arrived on time, in good condition, and was packaged as seen in the picture. I tested the run time of the battery by giving it a full charge then set my camera up to record until the battery died. My camera kept recording for just over 90 minutes (with EIS and face detection on).

I was so pleased I decided to purchase another battery. After I made my purchase I realized the default seller had changed and now the battery would be supplied by a different seller with the order being fulfilled by Amazon. I was a little concerned, but decided to see what I would get. The second battery arrived in a small plastic zipper bag (not the Kodak packaging). It looked a little different too. I decided to give the battery a try, so I charged it up as I did the previous one, put it in my camera and let the camera run. My camera stayed on for 30 minutes before dying. I immediately returned the battery and placed an order for a third from M Z Photo.

The second battery I received from M Z Photo arrived just as the first. I charged it up and let my camera run (1 hour and 42 minutes with EIS and face detection off).

So, the bottom line is it depends on what seller you get the battery from. Take a look at the picture I uploaded so you can tell the difference between the knock-off and OEM batteries. It is easy to tell the difference if you know what to look for.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2018
well does not seem to work well. Battery says charged but will not turn on the camera. I purchased some cheaper generic batteries that seem to work well. Not sure if this is a true OEM battery.
on February 10, 2018
Purchased this end of November. Charged it and set it aside. Used it Christmas day, everything was fine. Charged it to take on vacation at end of January. Worked great for first four days. On fifth morning it had died. Wouldn't take a charge. Made sure I purchased the same as the original which lasted years. Very disappointed. Had to use my iphone the rest of vacation. Went into Amazon and was 5 days past return option. Ordered a cheap version today. Hopefully I can get to the videos I was able to take.
on June 19, 2017
The name brand seems to hold the charge longer than the no-name ones. I now have 3 of Kodak and 1 left of the other. I keep all three with me as you never know when you might need an extra to finish out your evening or travel.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Yea! Kodak camera back and functional once again. Tried to find this is a brick and mortar but holy crap they were very very proud of it.
Top Contributor: Makeupon February 12, 2014
I purchased for my Kodak Playsport and the battery it came with and this one that I purchased don't hold their charge (when not in use) after awhile. This is disappointing as you have the battery in the video camera and one as backup when you need it which in this case means you have no backup because its empty. How can a battery not hold a charge? Which means I need to make sure both batteries are charged up before I use it, and anything spontaneous may be out of reach.
on May 8, 2014
The price of the item was great, but I guess I did not read the 'fine print'. Batteries came to me in glorified ziplock bags. One battery had a full charge, the other had no charge and would not take a charge. The company that provided the units had the name "Good as New". As I purchased through Amazon Prime, I simply thought I was getting new product at a great price direct from Amazon. Now I am not sure what I got. "Good as New" just seems to be one of those 'hocus-pocus' words that really means used... Certainly, the price was ok for the battery that works if I am able to get a season of use from it.. The refund process with Amazon is pretty straight forward so only time will tell. Guess the lesson here is, if I want to be an informed consumer, I need to do a bit more research/reading.
One person found this helpful
on August 19, 2012
I lost the previous battery but when I did, it had been running well for a couple of years in my V1233 camera so it was a no brainer to get this official KODAK battery for the camera so I can use it for those quick, on the spot photos instead of getting my Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens camera out.

This battery will hopefully be as reliable as the old one, the KODAK name still has some meaning of quality.
on November 17, 2014
The battery packaging is old. Initially this made me fearful and then I saw a date on the package which was 09/2010.... and yes the battery is no good. its DEAD. I tried charging it over and over yet no result. My old battery which has some life works better. I am totally mad disappointed. This is like swindling people of their hard earned cash. The battery costs but with the shipping and tax it totalled $7.29. Not a large amount but its the nature of business ....poor and distasteful
One person found this helpful