- Built-in Microphone
- Image Stabilization
- DC in Jack
- Minimum RAM: 1024
Kodak PlayFull HD Video Camera - BlueSilver
- Full 1080p video and 5 MP HD stills
- World's only cameras with 3-step sharing to popular sites, plus e-mail
- Kodak's Share button lets you choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display
- Built-in USB arm
- On-camera editing
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The new definition of fashion forward. Delivers vibrant 1080p HD and stunning 5 MP photos that you can flaunt with ease.
Whether you're looking for the latest features or the hottest trends, the Kodak PlayFull Video Camera delivers all the goods in a slim and chic design. Get the party started with vibrant 1080p HD and while you're turning heads, you can catch stunning 5 MP photos in a snap. Then press the Share button, pop out the built-in USB arm and go from social butterfly to social networking superstar in seconds. The fully loaded PlayFull Video Camera puts your life center stage and lets you show the world why you are So Kodak.
Just press to impress
The world's only cameras with 3-step sharing!1
Kodak's Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- Step 1—Just press Share when in review mode
- Step 2—Choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display2
- Step 3—Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)
- Let you simultaneously share to multiple social networks, e-mail and Pulse Display1,2
- Automatically share when you connect to a PC1
- Tag to the largest number of social networks: Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, FLICKR, ORKUT, YANDEX, and KAIXIN0011,3
Bold and beautiful—full HD video and pictures
- Full 1080p high definition captures your life in amazing detail
- Easily switch to still camera mode to catch 5 MP, 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
- 1080p—great for stunning playback on your HDTV—HDMI cable included!
- 720p at 60 fps—for fast action and super slow motion playback
- 720p at 30 fps—ideal for general recording in high definition
- WVGA—perfect for conserving space on your memory card or smaller files sizes for web use
- The Kodak PlayFull features on-camera editing capability, so you can fine-tune your footage, cut out what you don't want, or extract still images from video
- When you're ready to upload, just press Share, choose your destination, pop out the USB arm, and you're good to go
- The built-in USB arm is perfect for automatic sharing, in-camera charging, and easy transferring to computer
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology—the camera detects and locks onto faces, then ensures great exposure around them
- See more details and accurate colors with incredible low-light performance
- There's always room for more—record up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB) 4
- Black and white
- High saturation—bright, bold colors
- '70s film—muted colors, slightly greenish cast, and a little graininess for a retro look
- The bright 1.5 in. LCD automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions around you
- See your screen even in ultra-bright sunlight—simply turn on the LCD Glare Shield feature
Download the software when you first connect it to your computer5 to:
- Edit and trim videos
- Add a voice-over to narrate your footage
- Add pictures and music to your videos to make cool mashups
- Grab and edit still images from video frames to get that perfect shot
- HDMI port gives you the option to debut your videos in full glory on your HDTV
- It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC—the Kodak PlayFull is compatible with both
- The optional remote control makes it easy to comfortably enjoy your videos and pictures
- Kodak PlayFull Video Camera
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- Wrist strap
- Quick Start Guide
- ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak and Kodak Share Button App (both on-camera, PC only)
- All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
- Kodak Pulse Display and Kodak Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
- Sharing sites vary by region.
- Record about 20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps. Actual results may vary.
- On-board software for PC only.
Sensor type 1/3.2-type, 5 MP CMOS
- 3.9 mm, 35 mm equivalent
- 44 mm @ 1080p
- 33 mm @ 720p
- 33 mm @ WVGA
- 33 mm still capture
Image stabilization digital
Display size 1.5 in. (3.8 cm)
Storage 128 MB internal memory1, SD/SDHC card expansion slot (up to 32 GB card)
Focus modes normal, macro
Focus range 1.0 m–infinity
White balance auto
- video: MPEG-4, AAC LC
- still: JPEG/EXIF v 2.21
- 1080p (16:9)—1920 x 1080, 30 fps
- 720p (16:9)—1280 x 720, 60 fps
- 720p (16:9)—1280 x 720, 30 fps
- WVGA (16:9)—848 x 480, 30 fps
- Still (16:9)—5.3 MP
Review mode delete, delete all, playback, FF, rewind, pause, by frame, volume control
tagging: Share, email, keyword, keyboard input
Share destinations Facebook, FLICKR, Kodak Gallery, YouTube, Twitter, ORKUT, YANDEX and KAIXIN001 sites2, e-mail, and Kodak Pulse Digital Frame/Display
Editing trim, extract pictures
I/O interface USB 2.0 (high-speed), AV out, HDMI
Tripod mount 1/4 in. standard
Power internal Li-Ion battery (service replaceable), in-camera charging
Dedicated buttons power, capture, review, menu, 5-way switch, delete, Share
Dimensions 1.6 × 3.9 × 0.7 in. (41.7 × 100.0 × 17.2 mm)
Weight 95 g (3.4 oz)
- WINDOWS XP SP2, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 or later
- INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 or higher
- MACINTOSH 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 or higher
- SAFARI 1.1 or higher
- PENTIUM 4 1.4 GHz processor or higher
- PENTIUM 4 2.86 GHz processor or higher for HD video
- 1 GB RAM (64 MB Video RAM for HD video)
- 300 MB hard drive disk space available
- CD-ROM drive
- Available USB port (1.1 or higher)
- 1024 × 768 display resolution
- A 128 MB internal memory / 20.3 MB available for video and picture storage (1 MB equals one million bytes).
- Sharing sites vary by region.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
Compared to the FLIP, the Kodak has many advantages. In addition to the silky smooth 720-60p video setting (same as FLIP) it offers three other video settings (1080-30p, 720-30p and 480-30p) and one still setting (5 megapixel) that the FLIP does not. It is smaller than the FLIP. It allows up to 6 hours of shooting at 1080p and 13 hours at 480p (which is DVD quality video). The MP4 format is very Mac and PC friendly, and works well in Final Cut Pro 7 without needing to transcode to Quicktime first. It also plays well in Sony Vegas 11.
The built in lithium battery runs nearly two hours on a full charge, but it can not be removed or replaced. When it's discharged, you're done shooting until you recharge it. The good news is you can charge it from a wall charger, a car's lighter plug or a computer USB port. Yes, it has a flip-out USB connector that appears flimsy, but actually is quite ingenious since it minimizes the torque strain the FLIP puts on your computer's USB port as it hangs out fully extended. I broke a USB port charging a FLIP on my PC this way.
The small size is amazing. It's much smaller than the FLIP, but on the down side, so is the LCD. If you need reading glasses, you won't be able to see this LCD well without them.
The lens is very sharp considering it's only about 1/16th of an inch in diameter. In fact, I can see no edge softness or chromatic aboration in the stills or in the video images.Read more ›
Compare it to a smart-phone that has a good still+video camera and it's always with you, or an iPod Touch that shoots video at 720p and does 1000 other things. Compare it to a real camera that has a flash, shooting options, protected lens, etc.
These PROs and CONSs may help you decide if it's for you.
* True HD video 1920 x 1080p
* Also has 720p @ 60 frames per second
* 5 megapixel stills (wide frame - 3072 x 1728)
* Small and Light - (3.95" x 1.6" x .7") - amazing!
* Very easy to use
* Clean, simple interface. (Note 1)
* Ergonomic. Easy one handed operation.
- Boot-to-Shoot is under 2 seconds. Few missed shots.
- Easily clip out bad footage from video
- Easily grab 2-megapixel stills from video
- HDMI output directly to HDTV
- Can mount to a tripod
- Stands on edge (any table is a tripod)
- Removable/upgradable memory (unlike iPhone or iPod Touch) (up to 32 GB SDHC) (but not included with camera)
- Not part of your phone. You can loan it, use it while your phone is in use, it doesn't wear down your phone battery.
- Built-in USB male connector (nice! See notes with uploaded photo)
- Charge from wall or computer USB
- Share utilities - easier than with most cameras, but much harder than from a smart-phone.
* No flash (but it does pretty well in low light)
* Fixed focus, no auto focus
* Very few photographic options or settings, no optical zoom, etc.
* Display is small, low res. (1.5" diag. - see Note 2)
- The Kodak Share software is icky. Skip it, use explorer.Read more ›
I did have the Sanyo VPC-CG102, the resolution on playback was grainy, in addition the layout on that unit is very bad. Not easy and doesn't fit in your hand in a way you would want to hold for an hour taking video.. NO GO
I had the Kodak ZI8, great unit, and is the best $100 device small form factor there is. But, not the latest and greatest
I had the Panasonic TA-1, great size, but video was Baaaad. The quality looked very bad for me, plus no 60fps 720 setting. Not good
After going through all this I knew Kodak, from my earlier ZI8 I happened to loose somewhere, took high quality video, so I went with this new Playful. CES2011 gave some positive remarks on it, worth a shot.
So far, so good. I have taken several 720 60fps and 18080 videos, all seem to sync with your setting. 1080 does look to be the smoothest and best quality video. I like the construction, outside feels solid, the side access doors do seem a little flimsy, but the connectors that go into the device are rubber, so much better than plastic in terms of longevity.
Zoom is okay, but will kill the overall resolution. Has a very good lens aperture, when you hold it, even directly in front of you your getting a great angle of view.
Quality 4 out of 5
Video quality 4.5 out of 5
sound 4 out of 5
Overall Purchase 4.5 out of 5
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love using this camcorder. I used it when I went to Budafest Hungary; Prague, Republic of Czechoslovakia; and in Vienna AustriaPublished 6 months ago by Big P
This is a nice little pocket video camera. It isn't any better than your phone would be. Unless you need something for just video I would probably save the money and just use your... Read morePublished 6 months ago by TheSumners
Great little camera. Even does okay in low light situations, though I'm sure there are better options. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Jaie Livingstone
Excellent quality and 5 hours recording time - but get a rechargeable battery pack to plug it in to. The videos come out in HQ with subtle image stabilisation. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Spike
Fantastic camera; my grandson loves it as much as I like mine.Published 16 months ago by Judy Russell
This product is an older version of Kodak's playful camera, which by design is a much better one than they have currently for mini camera that fit well in your pocket. Read morePublished 16 months ago by massamancurry
Sent it back.Put in a memory card, it froze, and that was it. Back in box.Published 16 months ago by Margaret A Lange