Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 213 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 280 reviews
on March 25, 2012
I bought one for my kids this Christmas. It worked fine at a local indoor swimming pool once. The second time, some water got in and the camera was then useless even after drying it out for several days. My kids are young, so we did not go near the deep end, so we stayed well within the '10 feet' limit, and never dropped it on the bottom of the pool or anywhere. I exchanged it with Amazon, because the pictures we did get turned out nice. This time, we tried being extra careful and not using it underwater too much. Then again, after the third use this time, it was broken (just after the 30 day return window this time)! Water somehow keeps getting inside the camera around the latch area. It's just not sealed very well. Very disappointed.
on June 24, 2013
I purchased this camera in Dec. 2011, and it has barely been used (and never underwater). I decided to try it in about 4 ft. of water at the pool last week (supposed to be waterproof to 9 meters), and it immediately filled up with water. After letting it air dry (as Kodak suggested) and placing it in a bag of rice for several days, it is still full of water and useless. I contacted Kodak, and they said that it is only under warranty for 1 yr, so they will do nothing. This is apparently a common problem, and Kodak would do well to replace the cameras or at least give a credit towards a new one. This was a complete waste of money, and I will never purchase a Kodak product again.
on September 28, 2012
I purchased this camera (bundle) to take along on a vacation. It's supposed to be waterproof up to ~10 feet. I had it in my hand one trip into the water, it never reached any deeper than 5 feet. Afterwards, I set it on the dresser in my villa, got ready and went to dinner. Later that night I turned it on to look at the pictures... it didn't turn on. I assumed it was dead so I opened the port to charge it and there was water in it. It leaked on the first use and hasn't worked since. I've called customer service three times with an average hold time of 60 minutes each call an have eventually had to hang up each time because I had things to do. Kodak is a major disappointment, not just the product but also the customer service aspect of the company.
on October 30, 2012
This is my second Play Full camera. The first "waterproof" camera leaked after it was dropped to the bottom of the pool, and never recorded again. But I like to keep this by the pool for the kids to play with so I bought another.....it's cheap enough.
Camera #2 ; the camera promised to record up to 10 hours with an expanded SD card. Camera # 1 recorded for 5 hours, Camera. # 2 dies after 1.5 hours.
Takes decent pictures and, Easy to use,...but don't count on using it for extended periods.

Update,...this camera gets worse over time. The record time is now down to 30 minutes. Do not buy....changed from 3 starts to one. Would give it zero if it were an option.
on April 10, 2012
I got this as a gift for my brother prior to our golf vacation to Puerto Rico. It took good pictures and video on the golf course. Not great, but good enough for the cost and the ability to slip it into your pocket or golf bag.

We took it with us on an evening kayak trip to the bioluminescent bay, La Laguna Grande, near Fajardo. The camera was never submerged in the water, but apparently the normal splashing from kayaking was enough to do it in. The camera quit working and hasn't worked since, even after drying. Luckily, we were able to stick the SD card into a laptop and recover our images off it, once it dried.
on February 17, 2014
Its my second one of these and I love the photos, especially for the price but the doors like to come open regularly and this one did it while in the water. The camera won't turn back on and this seller will not return them once it goes in the water. Hoping Kodak will replace it and I'll use electrically tape to make sure it doesn't happen again. The first one I had broken when I dropped it in sand so its defiantly not "drop proof at 5 feet" but good for the price (I got each one around $35 with 4GB SD Card).
on January 7, 2014
The overall look and Idea of this camera was perfect. It looks like a cell phone and its so small, you can take it everywhere. We opened it up charged it and had fun recording and taking photos. Then it got to the point when the battery just would not hold a charge. we would charge it! And charge it! Just would shut down! What a bummer! I even tried to reset it and still no luck. Well good luck if you decide to get one of these. I'm on the hunt for something that will last much longer than three days. Happy searching!
on January 4, 2012
The video camera is compact and easy to use. Picture/movie quality is ok for the price. So from that point of view I would give 4 stars. However, something must be severely wrong with the audio equipment. No matter what setting I choose (foreground/background sensitivity), I get a very dominant ambient noise and can barely hear people speaking. No chance to understand what they are saying. Distance of the speaker to the camera doesn't matter. Very disappointing. I didn't expect great audio at that price, but good enough to be able to comment what I am shooting and understand people speaking in an interview like setting... Not recommended if you expect usable audio recording with your movie shoots.
on December 24, 2011
I read a review on here which stated the screen on the device buzzed off under water. The same thing happened to mine. I thought water seeped in, but actually the battery ran out. So to know if your device is fully charged, make sure a full battery sign comes on while plugged in (and not the USB sign) without turning the device on. I was so bummed out when the device powered off, but luckily, I tested out the SD card on another device so the pictures were fine. Overall, this is a pretty useful camera/camcorder. Make sure you adjust settings to allow better correction underwater. We were very pleased with the quality as we took pictures snorkeling in Key West.
on May 24, 2012
Bought this camera for a gift for a once in a lifetime vacation experience. Took great photos and video until it got wet. As soon as it was submerged, the lens fogged up and the camera shut off. Tried drying it out but would never turn back on. Thank goodness the land photos were saved on the SD card. Could not use for the snorkeling adventure, which is WHY WE BOUGHT THE CAMERA,
Kodak says it is under warranty will fix or replace, but will not issue a refund. I hope it works when they send it back.
Very disappointed in the camera.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.