Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video C...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 41% off the $159.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Red (2nd Generation)
- Shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft
- Kodak's Share button lets you choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display
- Full 1080p HD videos and 5 MP HD stills, with auto focus
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization
- On-camera editing
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Share your most extreme moments simply. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 delivers full 1080p HD with a rugged design that's shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft underwater.
If you're going to live with no limits, you need a digital video camera that can deliver the goods in full 1080p HD. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for the challenge. We built it to take on the most extreme lifestyles with an insanely tough design—we're talking shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof to a depth of 10 ft. And built-in image stabilization smooths out even the roughest ride. Whether you're carving up the mountain or pulling stunts in the skate park, the PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for anything. And with a touch of the Share button, shocking your social network couldn't be simpler. Show the world why you're So Kodak. We dare you.
Go anywhere, do anything, fearless design
- Take the plunge up to 10 ft under water for up to 2 hours
- Don't get the blues—underwater white balance mode gives true-to-life colors in the pool or under the waves
- The muddiest, dustiest, sandiest conditions are no match for the PlaySport's rugged design
- Bumps and bruises go with the territory—the PlaySport can even take a fall from 5 ft
Just press to impress
The world's only cameras with 3-step sharing!1
Kodak's Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- Step 1—Just press Share when in review mode
- Step 2—Choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display2
- Step 3—Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)
- Let you simultaneously share to multiple social networks, e-mail and Pulse Display1,2
- Automatically share when you connect to a PC1
- Tag to the largest number of social networks: Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, FLICKR, ORKUT, YANDEX, and KAIXIN0011,3
- Full 1080p high definition captures your adventures in amazing detail
- Easily switch to still camera mode to catch 5 MP, 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
- 1080p—great for stunning playback on your HDTV—HDMI cable included!
- 720p at 60 fps—for fast action and super slow motion playback
- 720p at 30 fps—ideal for general recording in high definition
- WVGA—perfect for conserving space on your memory card or smaller files sizes for web use
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology—the camera detects and locks onto faces, then ensures great exposure around them
- Get great close-up shots with macro mode (automatic detection or user selectable)
- See more details and accurate colors with incredible low-light performance
- There's always room for more—record up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB) 4
- The bright 2.0 in. LCD automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions around you
- See your screen even in ultra-bright sunlight—simply turn on the LCD Glare Shield feature
- Trim your video to just the right moment and save it as a new video
- Make a picture from a video frame
- Black and white
- High saturation—bright, bold colors
- '70s film—muted colors, slightly greenish cast, and a little graininess for a retro look
Download the software when you first connect it to your computer5 to:
- Edit and trim videos
- Add a voice-over to narrate your footage
- Add pictures and music to your videos to make cool mashups
- Grab and edit still images from video frames to get that perfect shot
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Soft rubberized feel for a secure grip
- Rounded ergonomic design
- HDMI port gives you the option to debut your videos in full glory on your HDTV6
- It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC—the Kodak PlaySport is compatible with both
- The optional remote control makes it easy to comfortably enjoy your videos and pictures
- Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- Wrist strap
- User Guide
- ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak and Kodak Share Button App (both on-camera, PC only)
- All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
- Kodak Pulse Display and Kodak Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
- Sharing sites vary by region.
- Record about 20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps. Actual results may vary.
- On-board software for PC only.
- HDMI cable is an optional accessory.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:50 Mins|
When it comes to video quality one of the most important things to look at is the size of the sensor. The (new) Zx5 has a 1/3.2 sensor which is smaller than the (old) Zx3 with a 1/2.5 sensor. Basically, bigger is better when it comes to sensor size. Smaller sensors result in more "noise" which will affect the image quality. This is especially a problem in low-light situations. (I think the video quality is good in bright light situations, but it is a bit grainy in low light.)
Now I don't expect too much from a $179 camcorder, but the older model which came out at $149 (and is now even cheaper), has a bigger sensor (with the same CMOS type and 5 MP size). What's up with that? Newer models are supposed to get better, not worse!
The other significant change is that the Zx5 has an integrated battery. Yes, that means it's non-removable. Which means that you can no longer keep spare batteries for "just in case"... and you know the battery always runs out at the worst possible moment. And, even worse, if the battery malfunctions/dies the camera is useless and you have to send it to Kodak for them to replace the battery ($$). And besides, what's the point of making a camera that is capable of recording up to TEN hours (on a 32GB card) when a single battery charge can't last even close to that?
If you can get past those two BIG negatives then you might want to read about the GOOD changes:
----Macro mode has been added. (7 - 17 cm). This is a really great feature.Read more ›
I am happy with the waterproof feature, its perfect for any summer holiday with your friends or family. However, dont drop it while your swimming because if it sinks deeper than 10 Ft., the pressure will force water through the seals (always use the included lanyard). Also, dont use it on normal beaches as the water usually isnt clear enough to be able to record anything, recording in swimming pools however, is entirely different. The clarity of a pool makes for some interesting recordings underwater that you dont usually see with regular camcorders like the Flip mino.
The anti-glare feature is a nice touch, especially on the beach, its a software that artificially reduces the glare from your screen, but it does not effect the recording one bit, just the screen.
The menu is pretty cryptic, no words, just alot of symbols which i am fine with, you are gonna read the instructions anyways, and most of the symbols are pretty self explanatory, the only real problem with this is that new people you let borrow the recorder might be a bit confused.
Now, what does Kodak Zx5 offers to substitute the previous model?
The first feature, sharing button system is created to simplify the video or image sharing process to popular social networks. With its new share button applied on the video camera, I just press a button and the video will be uploaded automatically. But to make it work, it has to be plugged into a computer with the software isntalled.Read more ›
it is alot like all the other kodak camcorders. it records in the following:
WVGA, 720p 30 and 60 FPS, 1080p
it also has a 5 megapixel camera option on it.
it has 4 extra colour effects which are good if the mood strikes.
normal, High Saturation, 70's film, Black and white and Sepia
it also has the glare shield which the zx3 has. the difference with the zx5 is it has a sensor which change's the screen automaticaly. i have tried it and it works very well.
i found the low light to be better than the zx3. the 60fps low light was really good.
it has an internal battery which some people dont like. i thought it would be a problem to but after having the zx5 for nearly a week i havent even noticed the internal battery.
you can record 2 hours and 35 mins in 720p at 30fps. which is better than the zx3.
you can edit the video on the camera its self and then press the share button to upload it on to facebook, youtube and other sites. you also have the arcsoft software that comes with the camera.
the zx5 has water correction which i would ashume works the same as the H20 setting on the zx3. the underwater video is a lot better than the zx3. it is very clear and the autofocus works very well underwater.
here is some underwater tests using both cameras:
some people have said about the zx5 having bad audio. i have had a lot of pocket HD camcorders and some of them had bad sound others have had really good sound. to me the sound is ok. i would admit that the zx3 has slightly better sound but to me the zx5's sound is ok.
here is a sound test which was done. i dont think the sound is that bad.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am a White Water Rafting Addict, have used it to take pictures n videos. Superb results. Even had someone shoot my pictures n videos while Zip lining in Costa Rica n surfing in... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Ray Chopra
Awesome little camera. Takes great photographs under water. Video quality is excellent.Published 14 days ago by Leslie B.
The videos and photos that this PlaySport shot were good. What was not good, was the amount of time that this camera lasted in hip high water! Read morePublished 19 days ago by Dr. Dennis
Worked good at first but just froze and shut down. I have since found out that others have had the same problem.Published 4 months ago by Profe