Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on September 10, 2014
Back in The Day, I shot hundreds of rolls of VPS III - the purported "ASA 160" film you had to shoot at ASA 100 to get it to come out right. Like everyone else, I developed a love-hate relationship with it - loved how the work looked, hated that you had to keep it in the fridge and overexpose it by two-thirds of a stop.

Now we have Ektar 100. A great film - probably the best we've ever had. The grain is imperceptible even at high magnification; I have a very good scanner and can't see grain in an 800-percent enlargement. Color's fantastic, and - drum roll please! - you can store it at room temperature!

This is available in 120 and 35mm formats. It's great either way.
on August 5, 2015
If you love saturated colors, you'll love this film! Skin tones will likely be off though, so beware. This film has high resolution, works great in the darkroom as well as scanning digitally, and is easy to develop. If you can't/don't do slide film, but want to try to get close to the color saturation, this is your best bet. If you're working in unnatural light, this film still looks great with filters. I've used it in tungsten lighting with an 80A filter and all was well! Speaking of filters, with this film I've used Beseler color filter packs in a condenser enlarger and they've worked great so far with Ektar! I've also used color filter dichroic heads and those are always fine with it. With the results, you can even still use Kodak's image viewing filters for color prints to help you determine your filter pack if you haven't done color work for long. I recommend Fuji or Colortone papers. I first printed this film with Mitsubishi speed paper with good results. Fuji paper is so thin, it makes me sad, but Ektar likes it well enough!
The base is thick enough to lay flat when loading in the enlarger and can even be pushed, but I haven't tried pulling. Overall, I recommend this film. Even if you just pick up a roll to try, it's worth a shot. After all, a photographer should know his options.

For people, I recommend Fuji Pro or Kodak Portra, for beautiful and highest quality portrait, general studio set and landscape results I recommend Fuji Provia 100/ Velvia 50 slide films. E6 is easy to do at home with a kit.
on June 6, 2014
Nice fresh batch of film. These five rolls will be exposed this summer, so even short dated film would have been fine. But if you sometimes want some fresh stock in the fridge "just in case," this vendor (Amazon itself) did well supplying it.

The owners of a local photo shop last month around here decided to call it quits, a trend seen everywhere as "digital" takes the place of film. But that means planning ahead to have a supply of film handy when a photographic opportunity comes up.

Most people who shoot medium format already know the characteristics of Ektar. What I would point out is how in the summer you've got more hours of daylight to take advantage of the smooth grain that comes with 100 speed film. If you use a quality photofinisher you'll be pleased.

Thanks, Kodak, for continuing to offer us quality film at a time we know about the shifting market and your financial troubles. As a tribute I'll put a roll of Tri-X through my old folding Kodak No. 1 in the time ahead.
on July 27, 2016
Ah Ektar 100. Love it love it love it.
Just make sure you have plenty of light.
Likes to soak up the sun and be overexposed.
See picture. Yes, I will buy again.
I think you should tell your friends about it. Try to get more people to shoot film. Film is fun and exciting.
Plus it would keep them in business for longer.

I shot it with a Rolleicord. Produced high quality scans. The colors it renders are amazing.
on February 8, 2016
If you're looking to shoot landscapes and want rich beautiful colors - Ektar is your film.
on January 19, 2016
The splash of color on the box really contrast with the red Sriracha bottle and the white Brita,.. the only other combatants for visual attention in my Bachelor refrigerator.

Nothing looks more creative then a bunch of film in the fridge, bookending the the crappy 35mm camera collection on the shelf, next to the TV, where I Netflix and Chill. My Tinder dates are only more impressed by me being a 39 year old straight male with a Canopy bed.

So thank you for the film. The product is great, and has helped my sex and dating life out. Would suggest to anyone looking to get into film photography or anyones pants.
on December 6, 2015
Accurate shipping/delivery, good service ffrom the seller.
Kodak Ektar my favorite negative color film, outstanding colors and dinamic range, almost no grain on the scanned negatives with my epson v600, I expect to keep buying this!
on August 7, 2013
Got this film for a Yashica-A film camera. I am completely new to 120mm film, I have been taking 35 mm for years. The one thing that I did not know what to expect is how much film you need to wind before you see the first framed. With the Yashica-A I have a red window that shows me where the film is. As for the types of shots I took, it was a mix between cloudy and sunny weather. Also, took a double exposure with this film, that negative turned out great.

After I finished the roll of film I took it to my local camera store to have it developed. The photos turned out superb, I am impressed with the amount of detail in this type of film and the wonderful colors it produces. (I scan my negatives into my computer as well.)

I would highly recommend this type of film for anyone.
on April 20, 2015
I rated this film at 50 & shot for the shadows. I live in Arizona & can probably shoot this 350 days of the year at f22 lol. Beautiful for landscapes & full sun outings. Its VERY rich and bold. I will definitely be using it again.
on January 11, 2014
When I first got a roll of 35mm Ektar back and scanned it, I was floored with the results I got. Even the so-so job from printing at Walgreens left a good impression, but the range of tones and contrast in each shot was amazing. Does a great job with saturated colors, and is the perfect kind of look for overcast and rainy days, or capturing great color at the golden hour.