Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on August 16, 2015
This is a good film if you want high contrast and natural sharpness that looks better than digital, but not as grainy as classic B&W film traditionally looks. Be careful when selecting a developer for this film, I have favorite results with Xtol stock or 1:1, but D-76 works at stock (I don't suggest diluting D-76). This film doesn't offer the classic "film" look in my opinion, if you want that try Illford HP5 in D-76 or Illford ID-11.
on November 18, 2014
Tack-sharp, easy to develop, and quite amenable to push processing with minimal grain even at ISO 1600. No complaints, just like you'd expect from Big Yellow.

Both photos on this review were from a roll pushed to ISO 1600, exposed in a Canon AE-1 Program and processed in TMAX Developer for 8 minutes at 75 degrees.
review image review image
on December 7, 2014
Standard in B&W film, in my humble opinion. Back in my professional days we'd shoot through this stuff by the yard. Yes, kids - we used to shoot nothing but film up until ~2000 or so and then scan the negatives...and wait to process it by hand to see our results! Admittedly, very time consuming...but STILL better depth and clarity and aura than any digital camera can provide yet.
on April 6, 2013
I bought this film for a project with the add on program. Good consistent results with great shadow detail. It does exactly what I wanted though generally I prefer the look of the look of the Ilford HP5.

der. They limit the total number you can buy so I had to scramble to get a replacement. They don't notify you of this until you reach the limit otherwise it would not be an issue.
on July 22, 2013
I put off shooting this film because I thought I would have to mail away the film to develop it, but since walgreens develops b&w film, I am happily shooting it now.
on November 23, 2013
Theres nothing much to say about this film other than its pretty great stuff. TMax has been my go to film for over 20 years. Its very low grain and has neutral contrast, which is nice for scanning. Which gives you more latitude for post.
on October 26, 2013
you can always count on TMAX to produce quality photos.
NOT as nice a grain structure as Tri-X but close.
on May 29, 2014
This was an overall nice roll of film that was sturdy and produced nice images. After using th tri-x film I noticed that this film was not as flimsy and was easier to use
on August 19, 2013
Tmax 400 is a pretty clean and grainless 400 iso film. I've had great results with this film. It handles a wide variety of situations and can still have some grain depending on how you shoot and process it. If you want a more traditional 400 speed B&W film with more grain check out Kodak Tri-X or Ilford HP-5+
on June 18, 2015
Extremely fast shipping from Unique Photo in NJ. Expiration is 1 year + 8 months from today, so it is definitely fresh film. Produces VERY sharp B&W prints, even when enlarged, using my old Pentax Program Plus camera. This film rocks!