Top positive review
7 people found this helpful
on February 3, 2015
I bought this to replace an old toilet (not sure which make) whose rim holes were becoming clogged from calcium deposit which I could not effectively clean. I really like this toilet for the following reasons:
1. I first tried a Kohler Highline "Comfort Height" toilet with elongated seat, and the seat was just too big. I am 5'8" 165 pounds and it was very uncomfortable to sit on (despite online recommendations from a plumber that anyone over 150 lbs would prefer an elongated toilet). The seat edges dug into my skin.
2. The "comfort height" (16 inches) in and of itself was not uncomfortable, but I did some research on the healthiest seating position, and that turns out to be full squat (as is done in some countries other than the US; basically a hole in the floor), at least from what I read. Then I started to think there must be a reason toilet seat height in the US has been standard at 14-1/2" for many years now. For people who have disabilities or other physical difficulties, the comfort height may be good.
3. The "round" seat is actually somewhat elongated anyway. We don't really need the extra space at the front.
4. The seat that came with the toilet is plastic, but is not uncomfortable. I'm going to keep it for now, and I can always upgrade later to a wooden seat. The model I bought (actually Wellworth Classic K-11464-0) came with a seat that you can un-clip for cleaning without touching any of the attachment screws, which is nice. One of my concerns with the comfort height toilet (again with the very low profile plastic seat) was that it would be even higher if I upgraded to a thicker, wooden seat.
5. I bought Kohler on the recommendation of my plumber, it was the first name he responded with when I asked him about a new toilet. He also said American Standard was good.
6. I have the money to buy a more expensive toilet but I wanted to keep it simple, I didn't need touchless technology, or super-flush; it flushes fine the way it is.
7. It flushes fine; the longer you hold the handle the more water is infused into the bowl. The bowl is clean every time, which is a relief from the previous days. In response to complaints that a plunger doesn't fit the hole, I have not had to plunge it, nor it did I ever really have to plunge a toilet in the past.
8. Great craftsmanship (other than the plastic seat) and I plan on keeping it for many years. I would buy another of this model.