Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
on May 5, 2017
"Kojak" was such an electrifying, marvelous and unique detective television series.

Telly Savalas was perfect in the role of Lieutenant Theo Kojak of the New York City Police Department.

The first season of "Kojak" originally aired on CBS from October 24, 1973 until May 8, 1974.

Here are the exact running times for all 22 episodes from the Universal 6-disc DVD re-release of Kojak: Season One.

Disc 1:

Mojo - 50:51

Disc 6:
Therapy in Dynamite - 50:54
The Only Way Out - 50:49

Notable guest stars from Kojak: Season One were Albert Popwell, Alex Rocco, Ann Jillian, Austin Stoker, Charles Dierkop, Dabney Coleman,
David White, Ed Lauter, Elizabeth Allen, Harris Yulin, Harvey Keitel, Hector Elizondo, Henry Darrow, Isabel Sanford, Jackie Cooper, Jack Colvin,
James Luisi, James Woods, Jed Allan, Joan Pringle, John Aniston, John Hillerman, John Karlen, John Ritter, John Sylvester White, Ken Kercheval,
Lola Albright, Lorraine Gary, Nicholas Colasanto, Pamela Hensley, Paul Michael Glaser, Ruth McDevitt, Sally Kirkland, Scatman Crothers,
Tina Louise and Yvonne Craig.

The picture quality is splendid and the audio quality is stellar too.

The packaging that Universal used for the Kojak: Season One 6-disc re-release is perfect.
Season One is stored in a plastic DVD case that holds all 6 discs.
None of the discs share the same disc holding tray and none of the discs overlap each other either.

It's so great that Kojak: Season One has finally been released on single-sided discs.
I've never liked double-sided flipper discs.
on April 2, 2014
We were excited to get the dvds and we enjoyed watching the first side of all the first season. When we got to the other side of the dvd they were terrible because of the freeze frame and no volume on one. I wrote amazon about this and they sent me a new one free of charge but there is still some freeze frame on the other side. Thanks for trying anyway. I am a little hesitate I buying the others. We do enjoy kojak on our local tv station.
on April 5, 2017
Great DVD, classic television. Much better than most shows today..
on June 30, 2017
It was for a friend.
on April 22, 2017
Who loves ya Baby?
on October 16, 2010
First thing that comes to mind when writing this review is how much I want the rest of the series!!! That's how good KOJAK is.

I vaguely remember watching this with my mom in the 70's & really discovered it late at night while in college in the 90's. I love HAWAII FIVE-O. I love STARSKY & HUTCH. KOJAK is my favorite 70's show. Fascinating thing is with all the cop dramas produced in the 70's, none were alike. No CSI, CSI NY, & CSI MIAMI. Each 70'S drama brought something different to the table. KOJAK is New York. The location is everything in this show & the actors, particularly Savalas reflect the city. The shots of the city are wonderful. The plots usually are strong & the acting is superb. Can't praise this show enough.

Video is sharp & although there are no extras, the episodes are enough for me. Hope subsequent seasons are released. Excellent show!!
on May 11, 2017
good
on November 12, 2005
This is a warning to anyone who buys multiple set DVDs or especially "flipper discs" (double-sided DVDs). There could be a problem with "sticking" (the picture freezes or skips) with these DVDs. When ever you buy a multiple DVD set (or any DVD for that matter), quickly view or fast foward through all of the DVDs to make sure that there are no defects on any of them.

I believe that, unfortunately, the makers of these products are just out to make a quick buck, so they just rush, crank 'em out as quickly as possible, not worried so much about the quality of the final product.

As for the Kojak shows themselves, in my opinion, they're excellent. The show plots, dialog, and action (and Telly Savalas) are worth the price of the DVDs themselves (and the shots of '70's New York are priceless!!). The picture quality is good, although I do have to turn up the volume a bit to hear the sound. You can read more indepth reviews of "Kojak" on this site.

I brought these DVDs in March of this year and just a few days ago found out that there was a defect on one of them, on the third (3 of 3) DVD, of course! I didn't suspect anything wrong with the set, since while I have only a few DVDs, none of them have had this "sticking" problem. I was taking my time, watching one episode about one to three times every month after having just brought them. Then I get to the third DVD, episode 19 to be exact, and near the end, the DVD freezes, then about 5 minutes later (after a few tries to get it to play) skips to the end credits, freezes a few more times, then ends. And it was soooo good up until this point! And I can't return it because its waay after the 30 day return period. s***!!

Again, check the DVDs you buy right away. You don't want to be stuck with a DVD you can't watch.
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2016
Who loves you, baby! Enjoyed watching these old shows at my convenience instead of at 2 AM like the local TV channel shows it. And to see New York with the old skyline that included the WTC twin towers.
on September 10, 2014
Who loves ya baby? I do! I love Kojak and this DVD series is a must for all 1970's kids who had to go to bed at 9pm when this came on TV. The theme music is so good I want it in my playlist and brings back such good memories of growing up in a time when life for a kid was better. I also love that the New York police station is identical to the New York police stations in Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and Law and Order. Perfect homage to Telly Savalas who just happened to be Jennifer Aniston's God Father.